Paul Johnson will be GT's head coach in 2019

How does this make you feel?

• Total voters
Snap out of what? Not liking losing seasons and irrelevance? Never!

That is literally life as a Tech fan the past 60 years. So, yes, snap out of it, man.

You choose to root for a flash in the pan program.

DVJlT8dX4AUQUY0.jpg:large

Here is the list of teams who have won New Year's 6 Bowl Games since 2014:

Alabama
Ohio State
Clemson
FSU
Oklahoma
Wisconsin
Michigan State
USC
Penn State
Oregon
Georgia
Georgia Tech
TCU
Boise State
Houston
Stanford

That's some pretty relevant company. Obviously the memory of that game fades over time, but I disagree about nobody remembering. Commentators have referenced it multiple times this year as a comparison (either positive or negative) for the current state of our program. We're obviously not near that level right now, but I think the drastic change we've seen over the course of this season just goes to show that we're really not that far away, either.

Two of the three good seasons that CPJ has had were with Chan's recruits. Ghan was getting recruiting right. Paul never has.

Complete and utter BS. Giff Smith was the one getting recruiting right, not Chan Gailey. If Giff Smith had stayed on board I believe that recruiting would have trended up for years.

USF lost the last three to Houston, Tulane, and Cincinnati. All by 2 or 3 touchdowns or more. They are a lower level American Conference team. So, ok, why can’t we beat a directional G5 also ran? Because our coach sucks.

Why can’t we beat Pitt? Their 4 losses were to 3 real teams (Penn State #20, the Natty Champs, UCF, #11, the next Natty Champs, ND, tatter eaters, and the Baby Blue Cheaters??? wha?)

Duke has PJ’s number, or at least Cut does. + We deserve to lose to Duke for not firing Sewak.
öööö off you miserable pos. We’re on a great run and your piss poor attitude won’t ruin it for me.

Here is the list of teams who have won New Year's 6 Bowl Games since 2014:

Alabama
Ohio State
Clemson
FSU
Oklahoma
Wisconsin
Michigan State
USC
Penn State
Oregon
Georgia
Georgia Tech
TCU
Boise State
Houston
Stanford

That's some pretty relevant company. Obviously the memory of that game fades over time, but I disagree about nobody remembering. Commentators have referenced it multiple times this year as a comparison (either positive or negative) for the current state of our program. We're obviously not near that level right now, but I think the drastic change we've seen over the course of this season just goes to show that we're really not that far away, either.
Cherry picked stat of the day.

Other than the NC game (or maybe a playoff game) literally no one besides fans of the two teams that played remember any game unless some exceptionally wild öööö happened (like Frank Gore turning his knee inside out).

Personally, I'll never ever ever forget this game:

..., but I think the drastic change we've seen over the course of this season just goes to show that we're really not that far away, either.

I fully credit CPJ for turning this thing around. I just hope he makes the right QB choice next spring and fall, whatever that may be.

Two of the three good seasons that CPJ has had were with Chan's recruits. Ghan was getting recruiting right. Paul never has.
2/3? Based on what metric?

Why was 08 a better season than 16? I'm struggling to see the metric that distinguishes those.

Ive said this once before, but I do wonder how much of the issue is that our blocking scheme is too complex. If we can succeed with a simplified zone block scheme (as I understand, we ran this heavily against vpisu) if we would decrease how far into the season it takes for us to get going with the ol.

Cherry picked stat of the day.
He mentioned that nobody remembered us winning the Orange Bowl. I disagreed and listed every team who has won a NY6 bowl since. I consider every one of those P5 schools relevant and remember them as New Year's 6 Bowl winners. I think others do too.

No cherry-picking there.

He mentioned that nobody remembered us winning the Orange Bowl. I disagreed and listed every team who has won a NY6 bowl since. I consider every one of those P5 schools relevant and remember them as New Year's 6 Bowl winners. I think others do too.

No cherry-picking there.

you listing some cherry-picked stats doesn't equate to people remembering our dismantling of Ol' Piss State 5 years ago. No offense.

No cherry-picking there.
If remembering the biggest and best event in GT football of the past 28 years is "cherry picking" a stat, give me more cherries.

Why people don't want to relish the things we have to relish is beyond me.

Cherry relish?

No cherry-picking there.
We've won 5 of the last 6 games, why aren't we in the playoff discussions?

If remembering the biggest and best event in GT football of the past 28 years is "cherry picking" a stat, give me more cherries.

Why people don't want to relish the things we have to relish is beyond me.

Cherry relish?
The discussion is whether we're relevant nationally or not, not whether we enjoy our successes when they do happen. Relevant is a subjective term, but we didn't go to a bowl game last year, haven't been ranked this year, and haven't upset a playoff contender this year either. At this point in time, we're NOT relevant nationally.

Back