Per ESPN Richt has been fired

I can't tell if it is an olive branch from the university, an insult to Richt, or a desperate ploy to keep Eason.

I'm convinced that this whole ordeal was the reason for his booty call in Seattle. He asked Eason to stay at Georgia and told him he'd still be there, just not as a coach.

reminds me of the time that the Atlanta Falcons fired Leeman Bennett. (hopefully with the same following results)

This would be pretty awesome.

dooley2.jpg

Firing Richt was Georgia's way of proving that they still lag behind everyone else as an academic institution.

I'm convinced that this whole ordeal was the reason for his booty call in Seattle. He asked Eason to stay at Georgia and told him he'd still be there, just not as a coach.

That and the contract negotiations seem to make more sense now. We will see what happens to Eason and the broader class.

That and the contract negotiations seem to make more sense now. We will see what happens to Eason and the broader class.

The more I think about this, the more I think McGarity and Richt sat down and orchestrated everything from the split to greasing the wheels on the transition, avoiding a mass recruit exodus (primarily Eason) and probably the new hire as well.

I can't tell if it is an olive branch from the university, an insult to Richt, or a desperate ploy to keep Eason.

I'd say all of the above.

He should have plenty of offers if he wants to be a HC. If Richt stays in Athens, it says that he lacks the desire to coach and they should have fired him years ago.

I can't imagine a new HC liking the old HC that was fired hovering around giving spiritual guidance to his players. Especially if the old HC is viewed as delivering your big time QB recruit as well. I can already envision a frustrated Jacob Eason calling for the return of Richt mid-season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Richt staying on stuff is just as much BS as the report that the decision was mutual. That is, unless Richt has no pride whatsoever and has been convinced that he'll never get ööööö as good as the ööööö that just dumped him.

I'd say all of the above.

He should have plenty of offers if he wants to be a HC. If Richt stays in Athens, it says that he lacks the desire to coach and they should have fired him years ago.

I can't imagine a new HC liking the old HC that was fired hovering around giving spiritual guidance to his players. Especially if the old HC is viewed as delivering your big time QB recruit as well. I can already envision a frustrated Jacob Eason calling for the return of Richt mid-season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unless part of the whole cooperative orchestration included also reaching some agreement/understanding with the incoming HC. The speed with which their new guy is announced should give some indication as to whether any of this is the case.

This just confirms what everyone already knew: UGA is a football school and dabbles in academics.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...coaching-vacancy-mark-richt-steps-down-112915

As FOX Sports first reported Wednesday morning, Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart is the frontrunner for the South Carolina vacancy, but a potential snag has surfaced for the Gamecocks. The head coach job at Georgia, Smart's alma mater, came open Sunday morning, which didn't come as a surprise to many close to the Bulldogs program.

A Georgia source told FOX Sports that Smart is getting strong consideration to replace Richt.

I hope uga hire him just to one up Carolina.

and another source too:
@SIPeteThamel
With Georgia opening, things at South Carolina got a lot more interesting. Kirby Smart certainly wants UGA.

I was shocked at hearing the news. 9-3 season, not bad by any standard, yet the fire the coach. No joke, if anyone was to be fired, I figured CPJ. I still believe that CPJ is a good coach. Can't believe they fired Richt!!! Oh well, probably a good thing for us.

OMG! I haven't even thought about where Richt might land. Could be another SEC spot, or possibly Miami. I hope that the supposedly elite QB coming to UGA(sic) goes somewhere else.

@Kelly_Quinlan
I'm calling Kirby Smart to UGA as HC, Muschamp as DC, Pruitt to Bama as DC.

Back