Per ESPN Richt has been fired

Did the Rev tell an untruth yesterday? After the game, he was asked how he handles the rumors of his job security. He said (paraphrasing): "I don't think about it. The Lord is in control." Maybe he meant "I'm done thinking about it. Sermon on Sunday."

See, UGA has the same issue that Tech has. From Dawgrant.

"And you think that was all Richt's fault. How many of those NFLers never had to sit out multiple games because of punishment meted out by administration? How low were some of the scholarship numbers some years due to having to kick out players because the administration said so and the fact they said no over signing? Guys, go look at what the UGA administration has imposed on its own coaching staff and the go look at how the FSU administration acted or all the crap covered up by Florida under Meyer during his championship runs. Basically, the UGA administration has been playing checkers while everyone is playing chess, but yeah, blame Richt for trying his best to keep up."

Driving back to ATL today listening to 680, callers were typical UGA AJC homers. One caller, glad Mark is gone. Next homer, hire Jimbo he can bring in real talent, he has a ring, he has played at the next level. öööö those guy really do believe they should be in the SEC game and National Game every year. They have the AJC group to thank for that BS. If you cannot find a job anywhere in the world, become an AJC sports reporter and con the UGA fan base.

Driving back to ATL today listening to 680, callers were typical UGA AJC homers. One caller, glad Mark is gone. Next homer, hire Jimbo he can bring in real talent, he has a ring, he has played at the next level. öööö those guy really do believe they should be in the SEC game and National Game every year. They have the AJC group to thank for that BS. If you cannot find a job anywhere in the world, become an AJC sports reporter and con the UGA fan base.

For the most part, their fans seem to believe that there's not a job in the country that any coach would not abandon for the opportunity to coach in Athens.

Yep you are correct about their fan base, visit any Wal-Mart ask an employee about UGA football and they can name the starting lineup, the hometown and the crime record of each player. Ask them to find something in a Wal-Mart and the go get a Manager. Nad-lickers enjoy your time with Mark. The next coach may not be this good.

Georgia just fired their coach with the highest winning percentage in school history. They deserve the Donnan that follows.

11201610_973348629417629_235744981645329189_n.jpg

LOL! What a bunch af dumbasses! Didn't the Rev have the highest winning % in the history of UGAy football? They are THE most delusional fan base in college sports.

McMurphy: Since 2002 no coach had more players taken in NFL Draft than Mark Richt’s 79. Every other coach w/60 drafted in that span won natl title

Saban at today's press conference said Smart would be a good head coach. I can probably guess where he is going.

Judging by some Facebook posts I've read over, the Kirby Smart worship has already started amongst the dwags.

"He's twice been voted the #1 head coaching prospect in the country."
"It's time for Kirby to come home, (we've) wanted him for 3 years."
"The Georgia head coaching job is the best opening in the nation right now."

God these idiots are so delusional.

Who cares?

Whoever they hire will go 8-2 against GT over the next decade, at worst.

Correct. The biggest function of those as far as recruiting is concerned is that Georgia is allowed unlimited contact with him, from what I understand. That's why Richt was allowed to sneak into bed with Eason a couple of weeks ago.

But if he decides not to go then UGA will have serious issues because that unlimited contact all of the sudden becomes a recruiting violation. Anyone remember what happened to LSU?

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/02/lsu_hit_with_ncaa_sanctions_ov.html

Regardless of what the mutts say Kirby is not a proven commodity as a head coach. How many times have we seen the next sure big thing become the next big bust?

Anyone can look good with Saban talent around them. Kiffin looks like a genius and we have seen his results as a head coach.

I'm going to say something that will be very hated but don't care. They might be the best job open right now. Outside of the fans thinking they should be Alabama, Georgia is a great job. Being a head coach with the recruiting this state offers AND your instate rival rolls over for you in the name of academics offers a great platform. SC is the only other I would consider in contention.

Back