Per ESPN Richt has been fired

So Richt doesn't even get a pass due to the Chubb injury and being between big time QBs.

Seems like it is more of a political thing between him and the AD and Pruitt probably.

Georgia's official site says they mutually agreed to part ways so that Richt can consider staying with them in another position. What.

From Twitter:

Sources are telling UGA Insider that Houston's Tom Herman has already agreed in principal to become Georgia's next head football coach.

Not sure how reliable it is from UGA Insider (not sure what that is)

They will. The only question is if they lose him to Richt's eventual destination or if they lose him to Florida, the latter of which would cause mass suicides among the UGA mouthbreathers.

The only way they keep Eason is probably to make Bobo HC, and that would just be too f'ing hilarious for words.

Here's to hoping there's a few recruits and transfers Tech can poach from UGA in the scramble, as well.

Won't there be recruiting violation issues if he leaves because he signed his financial papers?

From Twitter:

Sources are telling UGA Insider that Houston's Tom Herman has already agreed in principal to become Georgia's next head football coach.

Not sure how reliable it is from UGA Insider (not sure what that is)

The rumor buzz is that Cardale Jones is planning on transferring to whatever school Tom Herman goes to.

Won't there be recruiting violation issues if he leaves because he signed his financial papers?

No. He still hasnt signed and LOI, and you cant do that until February 2016. He's not bound to the school in an athletic capacity in any way as far as the NCAA is concerned.

No. He still hasnt signed and LOI, and you cant do that until February 2016. He's not bound to the school in an athletic capacity in any way as far as the NCAA is concerned.

He is an early enrollee. So I'm pretty sure you aren't correct about that.

Eason signed financial papers only which are nonbinding on the recruit.

Well that's interesting. But he's obviously going to have to decide something fairly quickly since he is due to be on campus in just over a month.

Eason signed financial papers only which are nonbinding on the recruit.

Correct. The biggest function of those as far as recruiting is concerned is that Georgia is allowed unlimited contact with him, from what I understand. That's why Richt was allowed to sneak into bed with Eason a couple of weeks ago.

He is an early enrollee. So I'm pretty sure you aren't correct about that.

Not yet. Next semester hasn't started and he hasn't set foot on campus. I'm pretty sure he is still free to sign and LOI with anyone without penalty. If he sets foot on campus and takes a class in January, then all that changes of course.

Need to remind everyone of this:

Heard a rumor today. Take it for what it's worth, as I have a hard time believing it. Friend of a relative, supposed "insider", friends with someone at ESPN. Apparently the story is that Richt is going to resign on Monday, Kirby Smart is already locked in to replace him, and Eason is signed up to stick with UGA. Again, take it for what it's worth, but this person seemed pretty darn convinced.

The first bit was true, shouldn't take long to find out about the other two.

This whole staying on staff bit is a little weird

Agree, I don't get why nobody else is talking about this. I didn't think there was any chance he wouldn't find a job elsewhere but he apparently is legitimately considering staying in the cesspool.

Agree, I don't get why nobody else is talking about this. I didn't think there was any chance he wouldn't find a job elsewhere but he apparently is legitimately considering staying in the cesspool.

I can't tell if it is an olive branch from the university, an insult to Richt, or a desperate ploy to keep Eason.

Back