Players in the Portal [Official "They Gone" Thread]

Pretty sure the dwags just flipped another 5* WR from somebody. Nate's good but that's a different level over there. He had it good here - he was Pyron's favorite target - not sure how much better he thinks its going to get.
My thoughts as well. He is The Man over here. Over there, he'll have a massive fight just to see the depth chart. You never know, though, it may be some other reason he's transferring. Still, there are a dozen good programs he could go to w/o that. Half of those guys will be transferring out themselves in a year or two. There's just not enough plays to go around for all of them.

My thoughts as well. He is The Man over here. Over there, he'll have a massive fight just to see the depth chart. You never know, though, it may be some other reason he's transferring. Still, there are a dozen good programs he could go to w/o that. Half of those guys will be transferring out themselves in a year or two. There's just not enough plays to go around for all of them.
I'm not sure if UGA cares enough about us at this point, but I wouldn't put it past them to take McCollum with the intent of harming us.

If Nate goes to Athens he will get playing time. He’s a proven playmaker. Made plays against them, would make plays for them.

We'll miss McCollum. However, Rutherford looked really good to me. Plus, both Blackburn ('21) and BlackStrain ('21) are very good receivers. Blackburn is a big guy who can play TE or WR and can catch. Maybe compares to Devin Waller. He was a GA-FL All-Star and an SI All-American candidate. BlackStrain is a smaller, more prototypical WR and was on the ESPN 300 list. The Jackets also have Ryan King ('20) back, who had several SEC offers as well as Tex, Minn, etc. There are a couple of solid commits in Zion Taylor and Bryce Dopson in this class, too. So, I think we're going to be OK at WR.
Devin?

If Nate goes to Athens he will get playing time. He’s a proven playmaker. Made plays against them, would make plays for them.
Nate didn't play against them. His 2-year total was 2 receptions for 10 yards. We didn't play them in 2020. You may be thinking about Malik Rutherford from last Saturday.

Personally, I don't think he sees the field much over there. They are *very* deep at WR with 4 more top ones set to come in this year.

UGAG has commitments from four WR's listed in the top 32 at the position nationally for 2023. In addition, UGAg only lists 1 SR at the position this year. IOW, that would be a great way for NM to get buried, IMPO.

Agreed there, but I'm sure they were impressed with him as he showed out against them. I don't think any of their WRs came close to his explosiveness. He had a great game. I wish him well so long as he does not end up with those dipshits

Nate didn't play against them. His 2-year total was 2 receptions for 10 yards. We didn't play them in 2020. You may be thinking about Malik Rutherford from last Saturday.

Personally, I don't think he sees the field much over there. They are *very* deep at WR with 4 more top ones set to come in this year.

Huh? Nate played and had a great game against the Dwags last Saturday. He was our lone threat. He stood out.

Yes, my bad. Two were hurt against UNC - Pyron and McCollum. Pyron was out and McCollum played. For some reason, I thought he had sat out the game. Please accept my apology.

Ah, all good. No need for apology. Figured ya just had it mixed up. It happens to all of us.

You remember Ahmarean Brown? He was our best playmaker in 2019. Scored 7 TDs as a freshman as a vertical threat. Went to South Carolina because the grass is greener... In 2 seasons for them he has 30 catches for 270yds and no Touchdowns. Nate was good for us, but as is stated... UGA is full of NFL players. Realistic chance he would not so anything consequential for them.

You remember Ahmarean Brown? He was our best playmaker in 2019. Scored 7 TDs as a freshman as a vertical threat. Went to South Carolina because the grass is greener... In 2 seasons for them he has 30 catches for 270yds and no Touchdowns. Nate was good for us, but as is stated... UGA is full of NFL players. Realistic chance he would not so anything consequential for them.
No, he went to South Carolina because he was getting beat by other GT WRs in 2020...

Back