Players in the Portal [Official "They Gone" Thread]

Tommy Rees?
Where’d he go?
No. The head coach. Maybe he doesn’t like something about the new head coach. He’s a grad transfer. Got his ND degree and maybe he’s just ready for a change of scenery. Kinda like GT players once they get the degree, a lot want to go try another school.

No. The head coach. Maybe he doesn’t like something about the new head coach. He’s a grad transfer. Got his ND degree and maybe he’s just ready for a change of scenery. Kinda like GT players once they get the degree, a lot want to go try another school.

Kelly left a year ago
If he didn’t like Freeman, he’d have bolted before summer. Rees runs their offense and did so under Kelly too
I found it amusing Rees didn’t want to follow Kelly to LSU

The one knock on ND academically has been weaker graduate programs. So that indeed may play into his grad transfer decision

Pretty sure the dwags just flipped another 5* WR from somebody. Nate's good but that's a different level over there. He had it good here - he was Pyron's favorite target - not sure how much better he thinks its going to get.
I would imagine it could be a few million dollars in NIL money better. Unfortunately. Hope key can bring him back to reality lol

Any player at any school, including UGAg and Alabama, would be dumb not to attempt the portal after a big season. Money is on the table.

Any player at any school, including UGAg and Alabama, would be dumb not to attempt the portal after a big season. Money is on the table.
Money is not all that matters. Especially short-term money. What about legacy? Camaraderie? Loyalty? Competition? Education? Love?

Would you rather be a legend at your alma mater or just the guy who school-hopped year to year before his deadend professional sports career?

Money is not all that matters. Especially short-term money. What about legacy? Camaraderie? Loyalty? Competition? Education? Love?

Would you rather be a legend at your alma mater or just the guy who school-hopped year to year before his deadend professional sports career?
Those things are great but they aren't paying the bills during or after football is over.

A lot of these guys that are moving are good players but are not on "Legend" status. McCollum isn't a Joe Hamilton, Calvin Johnson, etc. level player for GT. He also, at current, isn't an NFL draft sure thing. Add to that the fact that our future competitiveness is very much in question. I don't fault these kids for looking for a more favorable NIL or more competitive team.

It is the system that has been set up that is the problem.

I would rather have $2 million in the bank and have a head start on life and not look back on my college years as the peak of my life.

And yes, money IS that important. Deion, for all the BS he gave about HBCU's and respect and building them and convincing a top recruit to attend a HBCU.....abandoned Jackson State when big P5 money was waved in his face.

So have we survived the fallout everyone expected. Been awful quiet. :hiding:

Back