Players in the Portal [Official "They Gone" Thread]

I
Sims had already made that decision. That's why he refused to go in the game.
I still find it unbelievable a player would not go in the game when the coach calls your number. I guess I’m thinking back 50 years ago. We would have run through a brick wall to get on the field. Good riddance to him, don’t need that attitude near the team.

I

I still find it unbelievable a player would not go in the game when the coach calls your number. I guess I’m thinking back 50 years ago. We would have run through a brick wall to get on the field. Good riddance to him, don’t need that attitude near the team.
It’s a pretty common attitude today with all the narcissistic, “look at me” types. Used to be “there’s no ‘I’ in “team.’” Now it’s “there’s no ‘team,’ just ‘I.’”

maybe there should be some compensation given to the school who loses a player to the portal from the receiving school.
The factory trades the 4/5 star that didn't pan out. Oh wait, they already do that.

If we don't get Nate back or a similar portal type,BK probably starts down a win next yr. He was our best OFF player. on a bad Off team. You may also note that we are losing all 3 starting WRs also.
.If we keep ALL OLine guys we might make up for that with rushing atack Bring PJ back for a tutorial. lol

If we don't get Nate back or a similar portal type,BK probably starts down a win next yr. He was our best OFF player. on a bad Off team. You may also note that we are losing all 3 starting WRs also.
.If we keep ALL OLine guys we might make up for that with rushing atack Bring PJ back for a tutorial. lol
Want to keep Nate but Rutherford was promising also.

Nate ain’t comin back. He’s gone….

Want to keep Nate but Rutherford was promising also.
We'll miss McCollum. However, Rutherford looked really good to me. Plus, both Blackburn ('21) and BlackStrain ('21) are very good receivers. Blackburn is a big guy who can play TE or WR and can catch. Maybe compares to Devin Waller. He was a GA-FL All-Star and an SI All-American candidate. BlackStrain is a smaller, more prototypical WR and was on the ESPN 300 list. The Jackets also have Ryan King ('20) back, who had several SEC offers as well as Tex, Minn, etc. There are a couple of solid commits in Zion Taylor and Bryce Dopson in this class, too. So, I think we're going to be OK at WR.

We'll miss McCollum. However, Rutherford looked really good to me. Plus, both Blackburn ('21) and BlackStrain ('21) are very good receivers. Blackburn is a big guy who can play TE or WR and can catch. Maybe compares to Devin Waller. He was a GA-FL All-Star and an SI All-American candidate. BlackStrain is a smaller, more prototypical WR and was on the ESPN 300 list. The Jackets also have Ryan King ('20) back, who had several SEC offers as well as Tex, Minn, etc. There are a couple of solid commits in Zion Taylor and Bryce Dopson in this class, too. So, I think we're going to be OK at WR.
King is on the portal already

Like the man said, don't confuse depth with numbers.
Blackburn apparently has some tremendous upside but I also wonder why he wasn't thrown to more if he is such a matchup problem. We barely saw anything out of BlackStrain this year.
Rutherford, in his small doses of work, looked like a McCollum clone, so I think he'll be able to step in to that role fairly well.
But we're still looking at a lot of unknowns out of this group.

Not sure how true it is, but a misguided Dwag alumni/family member of mine that sits in the sky box with the Ugag Prez at games as they are good friends......Said McCollum & Ugag have a lot of mutual interest and there's a good chance he goes there. Wouldn't that be a kick in the nuts....Again, said family member is connected, but I have a hard time fully believing this.

Not sure how true it is, but a misguided Dwag alumni/family member of mine that sits in the sky box with the Ugag Prez at games as they are good friends......Said McCollum & Ugag have a lot of mutual interest and there's a good chance he goes there. Wouldn't that be a kick in the nuts....Again, said family member is connected, but I have a hard time fully believing this.
UGAG has commitments from four WR's listed in the top 32 at the position nationally for 2023. In addition, UGAg only lists 1 SR at the position this year. IOW, that would be a great way for NM to get buried, IMPO.

UGAG has commitments from four WR's listed in the top 32 at the position nationally for 2023. In addition, UGAg only lists 1 SR at the position this year. IOW, that would be a great way for NM to get buried, IMPO.
I had a slight distaste towards Gibbs when he left for bama but I ultimately could come to terms he was looking out for himself.

However if Nate goes to that school over there in Athens, I hope he does get buried

Pretty sure the dwags just flipped another 5* WR from somebody. Nate's good but that's a different level over there. He had it good here - he was Pyron's favorite target - not sure how much better he thinks its going to get.

Back