Players in the Portal [Official "They Gone" Thread]

Wouldn’t we need to pony up some NIL money for him to stay? How do we do that?

Clearly we need to do something. Losing our best players every year is brutal. College football is going nowhere until NCAA figures this out.

Sims is going to land at a decent P5 school. Hopefully for his sake he lands with a coach who can connect with him because he has a lot of raw ability.

Totally disagree. He's got MAC or Sun Belt written all over him, at best. Good speed but really not that great a passer.

Hell, maybe you're right though. I just described DJ Eukelele!

Can we somehow encourage our tight ends to transfer somewhere? We need at least one who can actually catch the ball.

What happened to the TE transfer from Syracuse? I think he was only here for one year but he seemed to have been a non-factor. Was he injured or something?
No, he just didn't catch anything. Is a serviceable blocker. Listed as a junior, so he may have at least one more year to go.
Our TEs caught 26 passes this year. I think he had nine of them.
In four years, TEs have caught something like 85 passes total. So .... yeah.

I think he had a few drops early on and we went with Leonard mostly when he got healthy. Saw a lot of Harris late too but he didn’t make an impact.

Wouldn’t we need to pony up some NIL money for him to stay? How do we do that?
I don't think McCollum with warrant a large NIL at another school. His NIL value is greater here than anywhere else.

Gibbs was closer to a surething and was able to move up to Bama and warrant a larger NIL. McCollum is a great WR for GT but he will just be another slot guy at a factory school. Brown is a good example of what can happen when a slot guy chases a factory position.

What happened to the TE transfer from Syracuse? I think he was only here for one year but he seemed to have been a non-factor. Was he injured or something?
At one point in the year he had 6 catches 4 drops and 3 fumbles, So he caught it 60% of the time but then fumbled 50% of those. Not sure much efficacy exists there. Other highlights were allowing 2 blocked punts and a -12 yard reception on a 2-pt attempt

I don't think McCollum with warrant a large NIL at another school… … Brown is a good example of what can happen when a slot guy chases a factory position.

I was curious so I looked up Brown’s stats. Among The USCe receiving corps, he has 19 receptions, 166 yards, 0 TD’s. He’s sixth on the team in receptions and eighth in yards, and also has 4 rushes for 48 yards.

At one point in the year he had 6 catches 4 drops and 3 fumbles, So he caught it 60% of the time but then fumbled 50% of those. Not sure much efficacy exists there. Other highlights were allowing 2 blocked punts and a -12 yard reception on a 2-pt attempt
Ouch! Not a glowing resume for more playing time.

Back