Players in the Portal [Official "They Gone" Thread]

Vindictive would be preventing them from transferring, or öööö talking them to anyone who asks about their abilities. The players are asking to be separated from the school, I'm just saying okay then let's separate them immediately. It does absolutely no good to keep them around at this point, they are poison and will only further damage Georgia Tech and potentially plant seeds in other players heads if allowed to remain here any longer.

Immediate separation is SOP in many organizations, and for good reason.

Giving them incompletes in all their classes would certainly impact their ability to transfer elsewhere to play football, wouldn't it? There are minimum requirements for making progress towards a degree in order to retain eligibility.

I'm sure he is no longer participating in team activities, so those issues are moot. You are advocating eliminating him from educational activities - which BTW are supposed to be the principle activities of a university.

Every place I ever worked expected somoeone who decided to leave to give two weeks notice. It was NEVER SOP to walk that person out of the building immediately. Only if there were some exceptional circumstances. Never happened to me any place I ever quit.

Anyway, this is not the same as someone leaving a company to go to a competitor. You should be smart enough to realize that. They key words being "should be."
The purpose of a university is irrelevant to the situation.Thanks for your anecdote, I'll be sure to file that under "öööö Nobody Cares About". It is SOP a lot of places. We've already done it at Tech before. Whether you are going to a competitor or not is also irrelevant.

Giving them incompletes in all their classes would certainly impact their ability to transfer elsewhere to play football, wouldn't it? There are minimum requirements for making progress towards a degree in order to retain eligibility.
Maybe they should have waited until they finished their classes to enter the portal then? They are the ones who want to no longer be here, remember? You don't get to bail on a commitment and not suffer the repercussions.

Maybe they should have waited until they finished their classes to enter the portal then? They are the ones who want to no longer be here, remember? You don't get to bail on a commitment and not suffer the repercussions.

Just pointing out you said "Vindictive would be preventing them from transferring" and what you are proposing would very likely prevent them from transferring.

GT would gain nothing by being an asshole to transferring players. Do I like the system? No. But what you are talking about would hurt recruiting, etc. We shouldn't give good players any reason not to come here.

Back