Reports Tuitt back to ND

Tuitt’s mother, Tamara Bartlett, was clearly a catalyst in the decision.

“I never changed my mind in the first place,” she said of her son de-committing to Notre Dame. “Stephon did. The reason he was wavering back and forth all boils down to him not wanting to hurt anybody’s feelings. He had developed relationships with all these coaches and didn’t want to disappoint them. But somebody’s going to have to be disappointed and today it’s Georgia Tech. Tomorrow it’s going to be Georgia Tech and the next day it’s going to Georgia Tech because recruiting stops now.”

“I never changed my mind in the first place,” she said of her son de-committing to Notre Dame. “Stephon did. The reason he was wavering back and forth all boils down to him not wanting to hurt anybody’s feelings. He had developed relationships with all these coaches and didn’t want to disappoint them. But somebody’s going to have to be disappointed and today it’s Georgia Tech. Tomorrow it’s going to be Georgia Tech and the next day it’s going to Georgia Tech because recruiting stops now.”

I take this to mean Coach Johnson won't even get the opportunity for an in home visit.

Momma is getting her wish. Way to take control of your son's life.

Good lord. It's not your life Tamara.
Way to emasculate your son in front of all the college football world.

Those ND jokers absolutely bitched him out on facebook and now are crawling back saying welcome back. I hate ND with a passion. Why anyone who is not catholic would go there is damn ridiculous. The players are required to go to mass, makes total sense.

I take this to mean Coach Johnson won't even get the opportunity for an in home visit.

I don't think he would take it even if he had the chance. CPJ is a man of character and commitment. Wavering on a commitment shows a disrespect to the initial institution (ND in this case) and immediate change shows that it was almost only for the attention. Making a college choice should be a well thought out process. Keep in mind this kid committed to a university even before taking an official visit.

I hate to prognosticate, but being that far away from home may lead him back to playing at GSU or something in a few years after transferring. I hope I'm wrong but if family means that much in his decision I can't see him spending all but a few days a year away from home.

I bet his mom just has a naive, media-popularized, antiquated view of Notre Dame as an elite football program and school. She thinks they're something special, but seeing through the Catholic front they're really just an ordinary Big 10 school that won't admit it. Not a bad school like UGA, but Tech is more special academically and our football coaches are classier. I mean, Johnson and Groh vs. Kelly--you really think Kelly cares more about your kid?

Last edited:
I don't think he would take it even if he had the chance. CPJ is a man of character and commitment. Wavering on a commitment shows a disrespect to the initial institution (ND in this case) and immediate change shows that it was almost only for the attention. Making a college choice should be a well thought out process. Keep in mind this kid committed to a university even before taking an official visit.

I hate to prognosticate, but being that far away from home may lead him back to playing at GSU or something in a few years after transferring. I hope I'm wrong but if family means that much in his decision I can't see him spending all but a few days a year away from home.

It seems like family [mom] is what is causing him to go to ND...would probably explain why she/he committed before visiting.

"But Mama said Notre Dame."

wb.jpg

I can't blame the kid too much. He's picking between two good schools. He has kept both coaching staffs informed of what's going on. Hope he changes his mind again and settles down here. If not, good luck and dress warm.

He's done with GA Tech. CPJ doesn't abide payers who commit and then switch. Also, she's his mom. She has a say in the decision, but a wise parent will advise a child and let him-her make the decision. After all, it is the child that must live with it for the rest of his life. This mom is overboard, and Tuitt will now get to live this down among the players as well. If his heart's not in it, we'll see how it works out. It looks as if he's going to have MAJOR competition up there, and he's going to really have to bust his butt and persevere to play. It's really too bad.

I feel sorry for the kid. Must be tough having a control freak for a mother.

This is not going to end well for Tuitt and his mom. I went through similar sitution with my parents on much smaller scale. I wanted to go to Vandy and they strongarmed me to a DII church affiliated school. Long story short, I don't have much contact with them anymore.

Back