Some fans don’t want to see progress — Geoff Collins

I'm just crossing my fingers that K White shook off the rust last week and comes to play this week.

It's pretty simple math to me. Would you pay $1.5m for a great DC and recruiter, the going market rate right now? OK, if you're still with me... would you now also spend another $1.5m to remove UGA's DC and best recruiter? If the GTAA and its biggest boosters are as good at math as GT people should be, those should be easy YES questions right now. It is a downgraded job ... except for another million bucks or so and living in a place where you can actually enjoy that kind of income. There's only so many acres of hot humid mid-GA forest a guy needs.

From a Tech perspective, definitely. Although it would be weird to have your HC making $2.25 million (after the 25% decrease) and the DC making $3 million ($1.5 million + $1.5 million.) Not sure if that's ever happened before but I guess there's a first time for everything.

The problem is I don't see how Lanning would accept it. It's not just a downgraded job but a big pay decrease in the medium term. Realistically, right now his next few years looks like one or two national titles followed by accepting a HC job for at least $5 million a year, probably more. He's the coordinator for the best defense in the nation, along with being their best recruiter. There is basically no way his stock could go any higher as far as HC potential goes.

Why would he give that up for an extra million a year to be DC of an (unfortunately) really bad team with worse fan, financial, and administrative support? Maybe he comes to Tech and turns us around and still gets a HC shot after three or four years, but it's not like doing that would get him a better opportunity than he would get by staying and running the best defense in the nation.

I can’t wait for the irrational exuberance when we take down BC. Skinny Jeans is gonna wet his britches if not drop a #2 in the back he’ll be so excited.

We should beat BC like a rug, but I’m fearful it will be a close game. BC sucks almost as bad as Dook and we made that game close.
Not sure if serious. BC has a better than average team. Better than us, that's for sure.

BC is not as bad as you think they are. They are undefeated when Jurkovic starts. All of their loses he was unavailable due to injury. Guess who returned from injury to beat VT handily last week? Also Hafley is probably one of the top 4 coaches in the conference. If Tom Hammock can run circles around this staff with a bad MAC team what makes you think Hafley can't do it?
So, why they in last place?

Not sure if serious. BC has a better than average team. Better than us, that's for sure.
Honestly, I'll be encouraged if we come out and fight for 60 min. This will confirm that the staff has not lost the team. Maybe we win, maybe not - who knows but I just want to see our guys playing football like they mean it.

I'm not betting any message board azzhole like urself, real big to make a bet against a Team having trouble with shotgun snaps 2.7 yrs into a great transformation
But you just promised me that Tech would beat ND. Should be an easy bet for you to win.

Unless that was a joke. Like everything else you post. Or our team's coaching staff.

Go root for the dawgs, you pillock.

But you just promised me that Tech would beat ND. Should be an easy bet for you to win.

Unless that was a joke. Like everything else you post. Or our team's coaching staff.

Simply stated.

I root for GT FB and CGC to succeed, unlike you.

Once upon a time rooting for GT to lose would bring stiff reprisals, I guess now it's OK

A promise is a sign of doubt from PressManCoverage. If he was really confident he would stake his life on it, like he did when he guaranteed the coaching staff spends zero time on any "goofy" stuff like drip walks, communication with NFL teams, or coaches doing pushups on the sidelines during games.

From a Tech perspective, definitely. Although it would be weird to have your HC making $2.25 million (after the 25% decrease) and the DC making $3 million ($1.5 million + $1.5 million.) Not sure if that's ever happened before but I guess there's a first time for everything.

The problem is I don't see how Lanning would accept it. It's not just a downgraded job but a big pay decrease in the medium term. Realistically, right now his next few years looks like one or two national titles followed by accepting a HC job for at least $5 million a year, probably more. He's the coordinator for the best defense in the nation, along with being their best recruiter. There is basically no way his stock could go any higher as far as HC potential goes.

Why would he give that up for an extra million a year to be DC of an (unfortunately) really bad team with worse fan, financial, and administrative support? Maybe he comes to Tech and turns us around and still gets a HC shot after three or four years, but it's not like doing that would get him a better opportunity than he would get by staying and running the best defense in the nation.
Perfect. Let’s offer him the HC/DC job and Collins can still do the press conferences.

Simply stated.

I root for GT FB and CGC to succeed, unlike you.

Once upon a time rooting for GT to lose would bring stiff reprisals, I guess now it's OK

You'd get banned for calling for PJ's firing back in the day. I thought that was Hive'ish then and now but it doesn't happen with CGC.

The PJ Fan Club apparently is a big ol' group of thin-skinned pussies.

You'd get banned for calling for PJ's firing back in the day. I thought that was Hive'ish then and now but it doesn't happen with CGC.

The PJ Fan Club apparently is a big ol' group of thin-skinned pussies.
There were no bans in 2017 or 2018 calling for PJ’s head. It might actually be earlier than that but I know for sure there was plenty of talk of firing him without repercussions. This is not a favoring CPJ over CGC thing. You can’t go 3 wins for 3 years and not expect people to ask for your head.

A promise is a sign of doubt from PressManCoverage. If he was really confident he would stake his life on it, like he did when he guaranteed the coaching staff spends zero time on any "goofy" stuff like drip walks, communication with NFL teams, or coaches doing pushups on the sidelines during games.
I never said any of that!

I was talking specifically about things that our Marketing Staff does like slogans, Uni Reveals, all that stuff, I said they give him talking points and he makes sure to mention those things in pressers.

In addition to drown-proofing was there also a class on msg board dishonesty that they taught back in the day?

I was talking specifically about things that our Marketing Staff does like slogans, Uni Reveals, all that stuff, I said they give him talking points and he makes sure to mention those things in pressers.

In addition to drown-proofing was there also a class on msg board dishonesty that they taught back in the day?
You did here:

They are more concerned with goofy öööö like a red carpet entrance, uniform colors, brown nosing the pro teams, and designing t shirts than they are coaching football and game planning. That goofy lack of focus is dumb and manifests in stuff like weightlifting on the sidelines and the coach doing push-ups when he screwed up a timeout. It’s a clown show.

You show your silliness because all that stuff you mentioned above is cooked up by the Mktg Dept and its staffers and I can guarantee you that Coaching Staff spends zero time on those things

You are spot on, don’t waste any cycles with Dan Lanning. UGA has one of the most cash rich Athletic Depts in CFB and as they continue to win it’s pouring in. What they won’t do is stand in the way of anyone with a Head coach opportunity.

Doubling down! He’s got some balls!

I see very little. I’m sure the quality of recruits is better; the coaching stinks…

Those are the exact things you guaranteed savbandjacket the coaching staff spends zero time on.

They are more concerned with goofy öööö like a red carpet entrance, uniform colors, brown nosing the pro teams, and designing t shirts than they are coaching football and game planning. That goofy lack of focus is dumb and manifests in stuff like weightlifting on the sidelines and the coach doing push-ups when he screwed up a timeout. It’s a clown show.

You show your silliness because all that stuff you mentioned above is cooked up by the Mktg Dept and its staffers and I can guarantee you that Coaching Staff spends zero time on those things (same way your Hero spent zero time on Recruiting)

The one exception is that he probably asks the Seniors which Unis they want to wear that week, maybe a few Minutes during opening remarks or Admin Time at their 1st weekly meeting

Since week 5, GT football has seen the second worst drop in defense stop rates.

That's the progress we've made. Someone should ask Geoff about that. Maybe PressMan can, since he's always sniffing around Collins' jock. Might be hard to articulate the words with his mouth full though.

Back