Some fans don’t want to see progress — Geoff Collins

Since week 5, GT football has seen the second worst drop in defense stop rates.

That's the progress we've made. Someone should ask Geoff about that. Maybe PressMan can, since he's always sniffing around Collins' jock. Might be hard to articulate the words with his mouth full though.
CGC is from the rough & tumble SEC, maybe if we let him Roster Mgmt and process the non producers, those that don't understand the new standard, then we might have fewer Mistakes made in Games

Let CGC go to war with the same tools everyone else has.

Starters are a lil too comfortable screwing up and then patting their chest with an open hand giving the universal "my bad" symbol.

When you process and Roster Mgmt, that stuff happens a lot less

I am actually starting to think PressManCoverage has some sort of relationship with CGC. I've never seen one poster trash players so much before. And not even criticizing individual players, but just in general constantly blaming players as a group in order to defend the coach.

EDIT: And not to say that players as a group are above criticism, but it's weird to see it presented as so completely one sided so frequently.

Last edited:
I am actually starting to think PressManCoverage has some sort of relationship with CGC. I've never seen one poster trash players so much before. And not even criticizing individual players, but just in general constantly blaming players as a group in order to defend the coach.
I said that when he all of a sudden showed up. I think he is tied to the staff some how.

There were no bans in 2017 or 2018 calling for PJ’s head. It might actually be earlier than that but I know for sure there was plenty of talk of firing him without repercussions. This is not a favoring CPJ over CGC thing. You can’t go 3 wins for 3 years and not expect people to ask for your head.

I got a one-week ban for being happy when PJ got fired, which was fall of 2018 so you're not correct.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with calling for a coach to be fired but to pretend that open-season on PJ was allowed is disingenuous.

Having played sports before at the HS level(doesn't mean much) , but anytime there was talk about the HC didn't have the Boys ready to play, it made me and my teammates want to fight like hell for Coach and not screwup, if a Future D1A guy whips you that's one thing but blowing a coverage or whiffing on a block or a tackle is another.

Most players have the attitude to fight like hell for their HC if their HC is getting criticized publicly.

With social media our players have heard it for at least 2 seasons and they, especially the Defense hasn't circled the wagons to fight for CGC.

That bothers me.

There's no way that multiple position groups are all getting the wrong fundamentals & wrong drills and go into Games unprepared by coaches to compete and win, it's statistically impossible because CFB isn't that hard of a Game, execute the basic fundamentals, and if you have any scintilla of talent and Athleticism you should never or rarely get blown out.

Opposing Offenses are torching our Defense, basically blowing them out, no way can they be prepared that bad or coached that bad going into Games.

There has to be some Locker Room dissension, or something internal to the Team that is causing this malaise on Defense.

Offense's gone cold I'm wondering why I went to the game at all.
The secondary givin up points now and can't tackle at all
And even if they could it'll all be gray, put your picture on my wall
It reminds me, that we're not so bad, we're not so bad

Dear Geoff, I wrote you but we still ain't winnin'
I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the beginning
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not-a seen 'em
There probably was some Paul Johnson fans threw em in the trash or somethin'
Sometimes I say really stupid things when I jot 'em
But anyways, öööö it, what's been up? Man how's recruitin'?
I don't care how many games we lose, I'll always be rootin.
If I was on the staff, you who'd I be bootin'?
I'd fire Thacker.
I read about your OC too, Dave Patenaude
I had a friend who couldn't coach worth a öööö too.
I know you probably hear this everyday, but I'm your biggest fan
I even watched when you were coaching backers at Fordham
I got a room full of waffle house cups and your pictures man
I like the öööö you did at Temple too, that öööö was fat
Anyways, I hope you get this man, hit me back,
Just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan
This is Pressman.

Last edited:

EDIT: And not to say that players as a group are above criticism, but it's weird to see it presented as so completely one sided so frequently.

Probably true but considering we have a guy that joined the day CPJ was hired, spend all of his time sniffing Johnsons jock and bashing Collins, and clearly is not a Tech fan that we for some reason tolerate there’s no reason not to put up with this guy as well.

Probably true but considering we have a guy that joined the day CPJ was hired, spend all of his time sniffing Johnsons jock and bashing Collins, and clearly is not a Tech fan that we for some reason tolerate there’s no reason not to put up with this guy as well.
Unlike most around here, I simply tell both sides of the story.

I would be very silent, if posters around here were more fair and didn't tell half the story so much.

Offense's gone cold I'm wondering why I went to the game at all.
The secondary givin up points now and can't tackle at all
And even if they could it'll all be gray, put your picture on my wall
It reminds me, that we're not so bad, we're not so bad

Dear Geoff, I wrote you but we still ain't winnin'
I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the beginning
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not-a got 'em
There probably was some Paul Johnson fans threw em in the trash or somethin'
Sometimes I say really stupid things when I jot 'em
But anyways, öööö it, what's been up? Man how's recruitin'?
I don't care how many games we lose, I'll always be rootin.
If I was on the staff, you who'd I be bootin'?
I'd fire Thacker.
I read about your OC too, Dave Patenaude
I had a friend who couldn't coach worth a öööö too.
I know you probably hear this everyday, but I'm your biggest fan
I even watched when you were coaching backers at Fordham
I got a room full of waffle house cups and your pictures man
I like the öööö you did at Temple too, that öööö was fat
Anyways, I hope you get this man, hit me back,
Just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan
This is Pressman.
Thanks. Now Dido is in my head.

It's WrecksNEffect, who is a long time Tech troll and UGA fan.

That should explain things clearly to you. Just look at his visceral reaction earlier in this thread talking about getting Dan Lanning to jump ship to Tech for even more evidence.

"Ummm... and obvisously having Boston College, a really good ACC opponent coming into town, the focus is to go play the game the right way, win the game. That is the focus, but we understand that they are a really good team. They have those same motives as well. How do we make sure we can control what we can control, and play at a high level and execute against a good opponent."
Man, this is the kind of stuff that makes me :facepalm: whenever I hear him. BC is one of the few teams with a worse conference record than us. They're OOC wins have come against UMass, Temple, Colgate and Mizzou. This isn't Vince Dooley talking about what a great punter Vandy has. And I'm not saying he should say, 'Welp, we're finally playing a team öööötier than us." Just don't say it. Don't say anything.

That's the same mouth he used in the sentences before to talk about the improvement we've made. Am I also to believe that I just don't see how crappy BC has been playing and that we are 2 point favorites when you get 3 points for having the home field advantage?

There's no way that multiple position groups are all getting the wrong fundamentals & wrong drills and go into Games unprepared by coaches to compete and win, it's statistically impossible because CFB isn't that hard of a Game, execute the basic fundamentals, and if you have any scintilla of talent and Athleticism you should never or rarely get blown out.

Opposing Offenses are torching our Defense, basically blowing them out, no way can they be prepared that bad or coached that bad going into Games.

I think that is exactly what is happening. I would say that it is statistically impossible for entire groups of position players to get worse as they get older and play more. Without any coaching most would get better just by getting more experience.

One or two might regress but when the entire position group gets worse it seems odd. The coaches are the only common denominators. Good coaches would fix it, tell them what they are doing wrong. Help them improve. Players with good coaches don't make the same mistakes over and over 9 games into a season.

You really act like our players are the dumbest, slowest, least talented players to ever play football. They wouldn't make my local high school team if they were as bad as you make them out to be.

CGC is from the rough & tumble SEC, maybe if we let him Roster Mgmt and process the non producers, those that don't understand the new standard, then we might have fewer Mistakes made in Games

Starters are a lil too comfortable screwing up and then patting their chest with an open hand giving the universal "my bad" symbol.

Take your 3rd statement and ask yourself.....why!

Press, I agree with you on this with a caveat. I’ve been screaming forever that if GT is going to play big boy football we have to do big boy things. Bagmen, forcing guys to transfer, etc. That is why I was happy with Collins hire. I figured he had seen it already and was. gonna do what he had to do. And I was on board with the rebuild until late the end of September. I had seen enough. But I was going to be fair and see how October went against 4 very pedestrian teams - Pitt (revenge game), Duke, UVA, VT. All beatable teams with 2 at home and 2 on the road. I saw enough with October. It was pretty much the same hapless feeling we had in year 1 albeit we now have a kicker who can kick if thru the end zone.

But what chaps my backside more than the losses is that Collins hasn’t made any changes to personnel. #1, #2, and #3 on defense are just not working out. And Collins has given them 3 straight years of playing time. Maybe Collins is playing them because they are friends with Juanyeh’s high star brother so he gets that commitment. He brought in the older brother for that reason as well. At some point when we are ranked in the 100‘s on defense you’d think he would try out the young guys. I just don’t know if I can watch those 3 get burned over and over by UGA freshman and sophomore recievers and tight ends.

Back