Stephen Hill just declared for the NFL draft.

I didn't expect this at all. BayBay had the measureables and a monster season to fall back on. Hill is skinny still (maybe the biggest reason he should stay) and doesn't have great stats. And has a very real and obvious problem of dropping catchable balls. Selfishness aside (more because we don't have anybody necessarily better waiting in the wings than how good he is) somebody has got to talk some sense into him. Come back, put some more weight on, get some more chemistry with Washington or possibly start new with a better pure passer in Lee, and put up better stats in an offense that should be more productive with 8/9 starters returning.

Seems like a no-brainer to stay. Unless he isn't going to be able to stay academically eligible - which could be a factor given his disqualification for the '10 bowl game.

He's no Bebe or Calvin. But like I said, with a solid combine showing, he can work himself up to the upper rounds.

Truth be told, I can't really blame him. He looked at our QB situation next year and that probably was a factor.

+1. These same comments were made about BayBay, Morgan, and even on the basketball side with Shumpert. These guys only have to focus training now and if they blow up at the combine like previous guys did they will move up

Looks like Hill made a mistake in my book.Not so sure he has the hands to catch a football thrown by a NFL qb.Good luck to him.

Everyone needs to just shut the F up and wish the young man the best. He is doing what he think is best for him. God know our passing attack isn't going to help him expand his talent.

Sounds like we have a litter full of kids who are clashing with Paul Johnson. Happened last year. Happening this year. CPJ better fix this ---- because its VERY TELLING.

O'Leary had a couple of these early in his career in Elliot Fortune and CJ Williams so I'm not necessarily too upset about this current "trend", but those guys were not recruited by O'Leary. Hill WAS recruited by PJ.
This is worth watching.If true we could have anothe bad year like last year.Hope its just a blimp but who knows.

+1. These same comments were made about BayBay, Morgan, and even on the basketball side with Shumpert. These guys only have to focus training now and if they blow up at the combine like previous guys did they will move up

Quite frankly, he's the first football player that I thought should have stayed another year.

If you are predicted in the 3rd, 2nd, or 1st round for the NFL,you go pro unless you think you can shoot to the top the next year.

Dwyer had every capability of being a very top draft pick were it not for blowing up the wrong way before the combine.

The players must really don't like it at Tech if they're leaving early to be drafted in the 4th Round.

I might have left early to be drafted in the 4th round, particularly if I figured staying would only elevate me to the 3rd. Tech isn't a particularly fun school to attend.

I honestly can't fault him for the drops. We never throw the ball enough for the QB or the WR to get in any kind of a rhythm.

I think he'll do good at the combine and he'll get picked 4th round. Best of luck to him.

He's hoping having another good WR in the NFL since CPJ got here will help with WR recruiting.

Lol at the people bashing Stephin Hill
Lol at the people bashing Paul Johnson

He's probably just tired of school, and I think he'll do well at the combine. Another year would have been better for him (and for us), but I don't think we'll suffer.

Hill's evaluations all said he would not be taken in the top 3 rounds. I wouldn't take him earlier than 5th round, has a lot of potential but a whole lot of unknown and not dependable hands.
Good luck to him, though.

He's probably just tired of school, and I think he'll do well at the combine. Another year would have been better for him (and for us), but I don't think we'll suffer.

Pretty much this.

Best of luck to him in the combine!

+1

I'm the same height but Hill has about 15 lbs on me. Maybe I should declare too?

Back