"Tech Talking Title"

Re: oldfoggy .. dude .. geis makes a comparison

But you did post it here correct? Now think about kill the messenger when you reread my PM to you.

Re: Interesting....

Yes he bowls, among other things was a middle weight boxer during his prime but not pro. Should have been a footballer would have made a great slit end, WR or out of the back field, with his speed etc.

Re: If ands and buts were candy and nuts...

[ QUOTE ]
OK we had one big upset MD big DEAL, 1 true upset in 3 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Revisionist history maybe?

All three NC State games were considered upsets, especially year before last, by the "experts" in the media. Auburn at the time was considered the upset of the decade, turned out not to be THAT big of an upset as AU wasn't as good as advertised and GT was better than expected, but still an upset nontheless. That adds up to 5 upset wins in 3 years, vs 2 upset losses. One could argue that the Vandy game was an upset loss despite winning it, but then you could also say that UGA and FSU were upset wins despite losing.

C'mon, man, even if you don't like the coach, give credit where credit is due.

Oh yes I am, I'm going to my favorite Mexican Diner. I'll have beef fajitas, then I'm really satiated (haven't heard that word in a long time). OK it was TechF. not you accept my apology.

GTL, I do give him credit where it's due as I stated in my PM to you. The real problem is not his w/l record it's his type of losses. Fresno, Clemson, Ugag, a beaten FSU, etc.

Re: If ands and buts were candy and nuts...

To all of you who are pro Chan, let me make myself clear. I was a FOCR myself and took a lot of heat from some like MsTA, Beewuss and others. During the Clemson game 39-3, I started to wonder about him, his team prep., his game plan, his mental approach etc. After the VT fiasco, where we had the ball 8 times in the 2nd half, 6 times 3 and out and a couple of turn overs (or was it 1) we were a beaten team due to the fact a D no matter how good can not be on the field the whole half. The Ugag game and it's final (the spike), don't blame that on Nix it may have been his idea but CG is the HC correct. To me that shows he does not understand D1 ball. Thats when I said this is the final straw with this guy and should be replaced and quickly. Contrary to some you can still support Tech without supporting the HC.

I'll debate until the cows come home that his negatives far outweigh his positives.

Same tired reply

Since you are sooooo football smart, and learned under the master Dodd, how can GT beat Md every year with lesser recruits and a lesser coach?

It defies all logic. Except oldfoggy logic. Where great coaches grow on trees waiting to lead GT to the MNC in year one.

Re: Same tired reply

Sorry you were not able to see real football at Tech. You also might have learned something but I doubt it, you would be saying we need CCG. We have not beaten Md all the time with lesser recruits, lesser coach yes, remember we were playing many GOL recruits. Seems to me we won 7-3 and last year as well.

Answer your own question who would come here for a $1,000,000 I'll bet you would even come. I have not made any statements (names) about other coaches. However, I do believe we could get better than what we have now. There is a PeeWee coach here who might come if asked politely. The same old stuff, why don't you be innovative, nope can't can you.

look, ol'fogolo, this is college football. EVERY team has those kinda losses. Every one. Miami lost to UNC last year. Maryland was badly embarassed by GT. O'Leary had those kind of losses. Texas, despite haveing #1 ranked recruiting classes every year has those types of losses. FSU loses to NCS. Georgia's been on a roll for the past 2-3 years, but before then they had those kinda losses, and they will again. Alabama, Tennessee, every team has those types of losses. The year we won the National Championship we tied UNC, who won 4-5 games that year? And it took a field goal to be VT! The year after our NC we lost badly to Penn St in the first game, and lost 5 that year - did you call for Ross's head then? Did you call for O'Leary's head when he lost to Wake, or Clemson the year we were #5 preseason? Do you remember UGA driving the length of the field with 50 seconds to play for the win in '97? Did yo want to fire O'Leary then? That made SEVEN wins in a row for them! What about our star running back running the ball out of bounds, stopping the clock and giving Maryland the win?

If a handfull of bad losses and bonehead plays is all you're basing your hatred of Gailey on, then there is NO coach NOWHERE in college football you'll accept.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/owned.gif

GTL, I don't hate CCG, I have never hated anyone in my life, may hate their action but the person no way. To me this guy just makes too many bonehead calls. We see them almost every game, some hurt others don't. Yes GOL had bad losses I never said he didn't, did I call for his firing, no, I did call for a new DC many times because our D was like a sponge, they at times just ran throught it. Do you really think the Fridge or GOL told Burns to run out of bounds? I saw what GOL said to Burns on the side lines. Yep I remember the tie with UNC, what did we do turn the ball over something like 6 times that day, even good teams have bad days. I didn't see the VT so can't comment. GOL took over a mess when he came, I thought it would take about 3 years to turn things around, it did. CCG did not take over a mess like GOL did but in many areas a proven team, maybe not well stocked at all positions but a good team never the less. I'm sure there is a coach out there who would come, and right the ship, not immediately but get us headed in the right direction. That coach does not have to be a Tech man, thats how Bama got in trouble by always looking for a Bama man. Yes I remember the drive like I remember many things some I like to forget. The Vandy game comes to mind, the VT game, the 51-7, the spike, etc. I will not belabor the point. I just feel this guy is not the guy for Tech. The statement about CCG being like Dodd, CCG could not have been Dodd's water boy.

Well enough for today going out and having dinner, Fajitas. See you guys tomorrow be sure and think real hard tonite so you can refute me some more.

What is this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/owned.gif I just said it was reported here on ST did Geis report it here, Think not! Now get back to my previous post and refute that post as well.

Re: I refuse to be a Stepford fan.

[ QUOTE ]
I won't sit by while the trinity of Braine, Clough, and Gailey turn Tech football into Vanderbilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mix Master is at it again... Spin on, spin on.

I don't recall Vandy going to 3 bowl games, much less 7 in a row, much less having a winning season. But go ahead and spin it some more to fit that agenda.

Re: We agree on one thing

[ QUOTE ]
Since I'm not a wealthy big name Alumni. I'll do the only thing I can do and that is speak up on this board and through other avenues and hope people will start to notice what is happening to the program.

[/ QUOTE ]

How come you never choose the avenue to address the people in the GTAA directly? No offense, but no one pays a farts attention to the message boards that is anybody important. You want a voice, go do what I did and sit in front of their office and yell right at them. I'm not wealthy either, but I got a big voice and you know what, I got to express how I felt about some of the bone headed management mistakes on the part of the GTAA and guess what, over time, a lot of them have been addressed in some way or another.

Re: I refuse to be a Stepford fan.

[ QUOTE ]
The Carlos Thomas case showed he won't go to bat for recruits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mix Master at it again. Could you elaborate on this point you made? What do you know about it? How did Gailey not go to bat for him? My guess is you cannot, because you don't know jack squat about the situation.

Re: Well, one statement right there.......

[ QUOTE ]
TJ the problem with CCG and many do not or will not recognize is that CCG is dividing an already fan base.

[/ QUOTE ]

CG wasn't the one who coined the phrase "FOCERS" and tried to summarize the tolerance of some fans as putting the best interests of Chan Gailey in front of Georgia Tech's.

I don't remember Chan ever speaking at a meeting and saying anything that would divide the fan base. But I might be wrong. Could you elaborate on this point?

GTL smoked you with that post. Your rambling reply was the most conceding of any I've seen from you in a while.

Logic escapes you once again. If you say Chan beat Md with O'Leary recruits, then I say Chan lost to GA with O'Leary recruits. It's not Chan's fault we lost at all OBVIOUSLY just like its not Chan's credit we beat Md.

Vandelay Industries...

These guys(OF and 389894598) are just puppets to peepad and msta over on buzzoff...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/behead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/behead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/behead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/behead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/behead.gif

OF, think carefully about this:

[ QUOTE ]
I was a FOCR myself and took a lot of heat from some like MsTA, Beewuss and others.

[/ QUOTE ]

And now you're back to consorting with MsTA (blackprix) and beeware on Buzzoff, and you're over here and occasionally on The Hive, acting toward everyone the way those people used to act toward you.

I sincerely respect your right to not support Gailey as our coach, although I don't understand some of the reasons you give for not supporting him. But when you're on this board, you show no respect for those of us who do support him. Instead, you call us names, you belittle our ethnicity, you hold us to silly standards about what it takes to be a Tech fan, etc.

I understand that you've been called names (and worse), but I didn't do it, and I don't think any of those you've been so ugly to in this thread were the ones who did it. Why can't we have a civil discussion (argument) without resorting to MsTA/beeware types of discourse?

Re: OF, think carefully about this:

But you are wrong Stix, I have not seen nor spoken to MsTA in almost 2 years. She does not post and I know she is not Black prix.
Why should I show respect to some of these guys? I have been told when I stated my reason for my dislike of CCG, "GET TO HELL TO BUZZ OFF" do you Remember BOR? I hold no one to my standards to be a Tech fan, thats just not true. I am a fan you are another does that mean we are not Tech fans? I have been called every name in the book, and I do respond in kind, When people started calling me names back in the VT days after that fiasco, I did and will respond in kind. JAKWAD remember that one? FOGBRAINED remember that one? Is oldfoggy dead yet remember that one? Mail order bride remember that one? Many more want me to keep going or do you get the drift? You expect me to sit back and laugh at the names I've been called well not me. People like YLO who never probably heard of American football until he came here show about as much respect to me and OTHERS in his post as I would a cur dog (like UGa). I don't forget, never will, and now I don't need a reason to call someone here a name I already have them, but I've never called some Jackwad or what ever, they chose that path themself. OK so you don't understand my reasons for my feeling for CCG thats ok I don't understand many have given for their liking CCG. So I want you to get your facts straight, read carefully every post. Then you might just sing a different song. I assume you are talking about some of my post to YLO or maybe he has shared some of the PM's he and I have sent back and forth. Want to know my problem with YLO? Here it is anyway, he thinks he know everything about American football, GT football in particular, coaches, players etc, he knows everything American and he is a just plain know it all. A question for you have you ever met a know it all who you really liked?

Enough of this I will not try to convince you to dislike CCG, you will not convince me to like the guy, it's as simple as that.

Back