The Diesel # 21 hating on Tech

and engineering (we can dream can't we...)

Apparently we are gaining notoriety on the hive. Stingtalkers have been described as 21 yr old nerds hiding behind a keyboard lol. Damn, they hit the nail on the head with that one.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=140&f=2938&t=6851531&p=1

That's pretty funny coming from what I consider the biggest group of whitewashed losers on the Internet.

"look at me, I photoshopped my head onto a GT athletes body. Aren't I awesome?!"

"my name is Calvin johnson too, so I'm going to respond in all threads about him as if you guys were talking about me!"

"I'm going to wear ridiculous clothing to games so I stand out!"

Apparently we are gaining notoriety on the hive. Stingtalkers have been described as 21 yr old nerds hiding behind a keyboard lol. Damn, they hit the nail on the head with that one.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=140&f=2938&t=6851531&p=1

As opposed to 60 year old nerds hiding behind a keyboard, like over there?
And we have a bunch of middle aged and older gents over here. They just happen to have a real opinion and can take a joke.

I have never been banned from the Hive as some on here have been, but I just gradually lost interest.

The odd conflicting combination of censorship with lowest common denominator fonts attracted since the move to Scout have made it an exercise in futility to find anything worthwhile. It seemed it was often a bunch of drive-by fonts making stupid comments combined with moderators furiously working to keep them in line.

I loved the old Hive. But every fear I had about the move to Scout came true. Many of the old regulars fled the noise to the Insider's Board and only made cameo appearances on the unwashed board.

Mind you, ST has suffered a bit from buzzoff refugees bringing their feuds and crap over. And the immaturity factor was raised with a relatively recent influx of youth. But overall it is still far superior to the alternatives. The buzzoff offenders have gradually gotten banned and the worst youthful pollutors have had some manners smacked into them by Beestorm.;)

I prefer ST because there seems to be more control on membership but less control on content. The Hive is the opposite.

Does StingTalk have an "official" rule where its members are prohibited from stalking 17-21 year old GT athletes and recruits?

If so, after reading The Hive for years, I now understand why it exists.

As opposed to 60 year old nerds hiding behind a keyboard, like over there?
And we have a bunch of middle aged and older gents over here. They just happen to have a real opinion and can take a joke.

Here, here!

Now this thread has everything. Players attacking fans, fans attacking players, and the usual rival forum pissing match. Perfect.

I'll repost this picture from the Hive to show UGA's awesome fan support. You can see how those students in Athens stick with the team through thick and then.

Z3lQi.jpg

ST has gotten more immature with younger posters and because of personality reflection that immaturity spreads a little bit and affects even established, older posters.

But the Hive is just boring. I would rather have the color you get over here, the good along with the bad.

They are about 22 hours late to the discussion and trying to catch up. Most of them are essentially saying the same stuff said in this thread.

:laugher: Amusingly so.

Here is a summary for those who don't want to follow the link:

Font 1 : Have you read ST? They have a thread over there bashing Jon Dwyer even though he is great and is only making valid comments.

Font 2 : Yeah, they suck. A bunch of young punks hiding behind a screen name.

Font 3 : They sure do suck. Not nearly as good as us. What did Dwyer say anyway?

Font 2 : Let's not go there.

Font 4 : Here it is.

Font 5, 6, 7, 8, etc. Replicate this thread at its best and worst.

Now this thread has everything. Players attacking fans, fans attacking players, and the usual rival forum pissing match. Perfect.

No, we need a uniform discussion to make it perfect. I kid, I kid.;)

I agree. But at the same time, you have to put it into perspective. GT isn't comparable to UGA or UT atm.

Speaking of which, I haven't really liked any of the CPJ era jerseys. The later Gailey ones were quite nice.

Uniforms have generally sucked since Pepper Rogers (Rodgers?) was coach.

There, I said it.

These tight AFL-looking uniforms don't match up to the old massive shouldpads and dangling tear-away jerseys trailing in tatters behind ELI and David Sims as they zipped down the sideline.

These tight AFL-looking uniforms don't match up to the old massive shouldpads and dangling tear-away jerseys trailing in tatters behind ELI and David Sims as they zipped down the sideline.

Oh get over it, they look good. They're fresh and fun. Besides Tech has never had standard uniforms.

Back