The Diesel # 21 hating on Tech

Ivery>Dwyer. Dwyer, Sims, Snow, Bell, Levens, Choice, Daniels, Lavette, Mays, Hollings and Williams join Ivery as the best I have seen at Tech. But, Eddie Lee was the best in my opinion.

Ivery>Dwyer. Dwyer, Sims, Snow, Bell, Levens, Choice, Daniels, Lavette, Mays, Hollings and Williams join Ivery as the best I have seen at Tech. But, Eddie Lee was the best in my opinion.

I'm with you Eddie Lee with maybe Snow as the 2nd best. Course as a running QB you could not beat Lothridge.

Dwyer's numbers are more impressive than Choice's, no question about it.

697-3465-27- Choice
517-3226-35- Dwyer

Choice had damn near 200 more caries than Dwyer did, and only 200 more yards. In other words, Choice had a YPC of 4.97, while Dwyer's was 6.23.

And Dwyer had more TDs.

The offense created alot of big runs for Dwyer. Both were great players.

fact that dwyer ran his mouth forever puts him behind choice in my opinion.

as another poster noted.... dwyer is weak mentally. i can guarantee that he will be the kind of player in the pros that is always borderline out of shape (unlike choice) unless he changes his ways.

than again. the coach that recruited him was not big on encouraging self motivation and discipline. that coach was more of a whiner just like jon is now.

personally i am saddened by what he said but i still wish him the best.

The offense created alot of big runs for Dwyer. Both were great players.
If you're going to give the credit to the offense for his long runs, you should also admit that the offense created a lot of 1 and 2 yard runs.

Truthfully, Dwyer created those 50 yard runs. Look no further than his successor, Anthony Allen. A talented back in his own right, AA lacks the top-end speed that set Dwyer apart. If the system was truly to thank for Dwyer's long runs, then it would stand to reason that AA would have some of them as well, but he doesn't. His longest this year is 48, and if you look game-to-game his longest is typically in the 25-40 range.

Dwyer's longest run in 2009 went 74 yards, and he had other long runs of 69 and 59 (and an 88, an 85, and a 66 in 2008).

If you're going to give the credit to the offense for his long runs, you should also admit that the offense created a lot of 1 and 2 yard runs.

Truthfully, Dwyer created those 50 yard runs. Look no further than his successor, Anthony Allen. A talented back in his own right, AA lacks the top-end speed that set Dwyer apart. If the system was truly to thank for Dwyer's long runs, then it would stand to reason that AA would have some of them as well, but he doesn't. His longest this year is 48, and if you look game-to-game his longest is typically in the 25-40 range.

Dwyer's longest run in 2009 went 74 yards, and he had other long runs of 69 and 59 (and an 88, an 85, and a 66 in 2008).

We ran different plays for Allen than we did for Dwyer. Dwyer caught the pitch more often, I doubt if Allen caught a pitch 5 times this season. Allen isnt as fast as JD but has the speed to break long runs, he had 2 - 80 yarders himself in 09 I believe. The offense as a whole was more dynamic that year, creating more big plays for everyone.

A number of times Dwyer went untouched for huge yards, especially in 08.

The comparison was to Choice though, comparing the two is apples and oranges because of the different systems they played in was my point, you can't just line the numbers up and say one was better than the other.

As may or may not be obvious, I have only seen videos of Ivery, but comparing players from the 70's to players from the 2000's is like comparing cars from the 70's to cars from the 2000's. Especially because their equipment was so different with those massive pads, so video evidence is really useless.

Ivery might have been the best there was back then, but a 2008 Ferrari would smoke a 1978 Ferrari.

Its a different level of competition.

Dwyer's numbers are more impressive than Choice's, no question about it.

697-3465-27- Choice
517-3226-35- Dwyer

Choice had damn near 200 more caries than Dwyer did, and only 200 more yards. In other words, Choice had a YPC of 4.97, while Dwyer's was 6.23.

And Dwyer had more TDs.

You forgot one little nugget. Dwyer was a B-Back in CPJ's offense. Anyone with two legs that can jog could run for a crap-ton of yards as B-Back in CPJ's offense.

Choice was a bigger leader and a better back than Dwyer IMO. Choice would have pwned as a B-Back in CPJ's offense.

What you have to realize is this kind of **** infuriates people that drop thousands and thousands of dollars on Georgia Tech sporting events every year. I have spent $1,500 on season tickets every year for the past 8 years, so Dwyer can kiss my ass. And so can you.

These guys, including you ibeeballin, are prima donnas. Seriously, you are given everything to play football in college - free everything, best classes, tutors, your locker room is like a freakin' playhouse, but then you complain. The sense of entitlement when we effectively pay your salary (through donations, ticket sales, and apparrel) is bull****.

I would've given my left arm to play college athletics, but I couldn't hack it at a big conference school. Now, these guys are complaining about fans on Facebook? That does not make me want to support college athletics.

Kiss your ass?!? LMAO! I'd rather not, sir

don't worry TechPhi, I'm pretty sure ibeeballin isn't on the team anymore. probably a former walk-on

don't worry TechPhi, I'm pretty sure ibeeballin isn't on the team anymore. probably a former walk- on

Full-schloarship, degree and contributed to put a good product on the field. Why do you have to speak for TechPhi? Are you his attorney? Honestly, I could care less if the seats were filled because when I played I didn't look up in the stands and say, "Oh it is a good bit of empty seats today" I played because I loved the game. I just wanted to shed some light on Dwyer opinion and whoever else had somethingsay on the matter. The players don't really care bout what's in the stands, but it is in the back of their mind and gives them a reason them a reason to gripe when the fans complain about what bowl they are going to this season.

don't worry TechPhi, I'm pretty sure ibeeballin isn't on the team anymore. probably a former walk- on

Full-schloarship, degree and contributed to put a good product on the field. Why do you have to speak for TechPhi? Are you his attorney? Honestly, I could care less if the seats were filled because when I played I didn't look up in the stands and say, "Oh it is a good bit of empty seats today" I played because I loved the game. I just wanted to shed some light on Dwyer opinion and whoever else had somethingsay on the matter. The players don't really care bout what's in the stands, but it is in the back of their mind and gives them a reason them a reason to gripe when the fans complain about what bowl they are going to this season.

I think you kinda contradicted yourself there. I would believe that its not something that's on their mind all the time but its clear from Dwyer, Peek, and players in the past that it is something that players care about, even if deep down.

I do see his point (albiet it was hard to follow/read lol)...I've been to other stadiums and their fans pack the place even 30min before kickoff..ours casually drag in even into the mid/end of the 1st qtr. Even the frat crowd does the same thing..the normal students seem to get there in time. The chairbacks too..everyone knows about those...yeah perks as far as the bar,air conditioned area, etc still it should be packed esp the $$ those people fork over for those things. Of course win, and they will come..

I think you kinda contradicted yourself there. I would believe that its not something that's on their mind all the time but its clear from Dwyer, Peek, and players in the past that it is something that players care about, even if deep down.

It is just like at your job, if you have put so much work in and did your absolute best. Helping the company receive accolades and rewards and your boss or anybody from upper-management do not show you any gratitude or appreciation, you telling me you wouldn't be slightest bit upset?

It is just like at your job, if you have put so much work in and did your absolute best. Helping the company receive accolades and rewards and your boss or anybody from upper-management do not show you any gratitude or appreciation, you telling me you wouldn't be slightest bit upset?

I'd be upset if I didn't get a paycheck.

(For the sake of debating this thing)

Yeah, I understand, but the comments were still misdirected.

GT fans, if anything, are far more dedicated than the typical fanbase. You can look at the UGA boards after, say, their loss to Colorado and see how quickly they bail on the team and their players when they face adversity.

The problem is that we need more fans and generally winning is the only way to accomplish that. Even after this season, we're miles ahead of where we were in 2003, but it will take awhile before we can sell out a 55k stadium for each and every game.

This season the team underperformed, so people didn't show up as much and there was criticism on the message boards. Last season the team did great and everyone flooded them with gratitude and appreciation.

At my job I got a great appraisal last year because I did great work. If I did poorly this year, I would get a poor appraisal, just like the team's poor performance this year had negative results. That's how the world works. It's much tamer with GT fans than any others.

I would be upset if my boss or upper-management weren't treating me fairly. I think it's tough to look at fans' behavior this year and say we are not treating the team fairly, ESPECIALLY if you take into account how other schools' fans treat their players (see any Texas message board for example.)

I fully understand the desire for fan support (although the praise of coaches and ADs would be more inline with your example). But like in a workplace, accolades and rewards are earned for success, not given out just for working hard. Obviously sports teams are different from a workplace, and fans are not bosses. Fans are what they are.

My problem with the attitude expressed by Dwyer et al is not the desire for support regardless of how the team is doing. I fully understand and support that. My problem for the expectation of it and the lashing out against the fanbase (name calling etc) if that expectation is not met, regardless of the product on the field.

I will still say today my 4 years at Tech were some on my best memories on The Flats and I played before 20,000 fans and played to a packed house. That place is just special. I'm one of the ones that never cared if they booed and we sucked a couple of years bad. But man when they showed up they really got behind us. Our offensive line used to get dog cussed by the defensive parents but never bothered me as we were doing the best we could with what we had. Go back and look at Gary big play Lee's TD run against the nutlickers in 85 or the ut missed FG in 86 to win or the big 0 that the black watch put on unc in 85. Man those are memories that I will never forget. Fans pay good money to see a great product and if we don't provide they have reason to be pissed. Off my soapbox now.

Back