The Diesel # 21 hating on Tech

Per undergraduate we have just as many fans in the stadium as UGA. (undergraduate enrollment also is a gauge of alumni numbers)

The difference is the players don't see fans "per undergraduate", they see empty or filled seats.

Georgia Tech graduates are incredibly loyal. I know of many who fly back for every home game, or drive back for 6+ hours for home games (me).

UGA fans are a bunch of rednecks, most of which have less than an hour drive to the stadium, but even with all those sidewalk fans for the enemy we STILL match up per undergraduate.

This means that our actual undergrads and alumni go to the games with a HIGHER percentage than UGA undergrads and alumni.

But the players just see empty seats.

Jon - Your average GT student/grad supports their football team 2x more than an average UGA student/grad. Stay with us.

Maybe if Dwyer had stuck around for his senior year, maybe then I'd actually give a shiit about his opinion.

He didn't exactly demonstrate intelligence or loyalty by leaving early and then showing up for pro ball fat as shiit.

I'm not sure what Dwyer is expecting out of just publicly saying **** like this. Telling all your Facebook friends, who likely include recruits, that GT fans don't give a **** about you doesn't help at all.

Fact of the manner is that Tech is a smaller school than many of the other state school Dwyer mentioned. They're going to be loaded with fans because of that no matter what. They're often in the middle of nowhere. What else are the people living there going to do? We also rival a **** load of professional sports in Atlanta. Many of the schools that sell out also beat their biggest rival in the state most years, or at least in recent years. Do you remember what you said about the UGA game last year Jon? We apparently had bigger things in mind. Never mind being in the top 10, 10-1, best offensive unit in many years, and playing at home against a subpar UGA team. There were bigger games to win, apparently.

I hear what he is saying, and I hear what you are saying.. but its directed at the wrong people and its ****ing stupid to make that post to boot knowing that true diehard GT fans are probably the ONLY GT fans who are following Dwyer's facebook page.

Its not the fans on these boards that need to be better fans, its the fact that we need MORE FANS!

Very much agreed.

Well, I'm a season ticket holder, 6 years now. Usually go to one or two away games each year. Usually go to the bowl games if they're within reason.

Call me a ****ty fan all you want. I'm still not going.

I don't want to throw JD under the bus. He played hard and did a lot for us, essentially for free. I don't want to bite the hand that feeds you.

That said, the things said on ST come nowhere close to things on the dawg vent or most SEC forums. They all act like it's the greatest privilege on earth to play for their school and throw players under the bus in an instant. We may have a bunch of asshole, entitled fans, but we certainly don't have a corner on the market.

Most disappointing message from Jon, but it demonstrates why I like CPJ's system. Get good players who work hard, don't have pro football riches on their mind, and can stay with the program for five years...not three.

Dwyer was good...real good...and he received his due share of fan support and national recognition in only two years under CPJ. He's not the first Tech student to get sore at Tech for one reason or another and he certainly won't be the last. It's too bad that three other juniors stole his limelight...wait a minute...no it isn't. :)

This sucks. I can't believe Jon Dwyer is typing this bull****.

If attendance is that much more important to you than the quality of education Georgia Tech offered you then maybe you made the wrong decision by coming here.

Colin Peek said it a lot more politely than this.

Yeah, our fan base is embarrassing. But not as embarrassing as the way he "writes" or showing up overweight for your last season...then showing up overweight for the combine...and then showing up overweight for the preseason.

If attendance is that much more important to you than the quality of education Georgia Tech offered you then maybe you made the wrong decision by coming here.

Seeing as how Dwyer left early, I can safely assume he didn't give a crap about the education offered to him by GT.

Most disappointing message from Jon, but it demonstrates why I like CPJ's system. Get good players who work hard, don't have pro football riches on their mind, and can stay with the program for five years...not three.

You really think that?

This sucks. I can't believe Jon Dwyer is typing this bull****.

When did he say that? He's right that we could use a lot more fans, although he doesn't seem to realize the structural reasons for why we have less fans. He didn't say anything about his education. For all we know he got all A's and is coming back to finish. You can still be pissed about fan support and like the education from Tech.

When did he say that? He's right that we could use a lot more fans, although he doesn't seem to realize the structural reasons for why we have less fans. He didn't say anything about his education. For all we know he got all A's and is coming back to finish. You can still be pissed about fan support and like the education from Tech.

If he cared about the education he wouldn't be typing like that.

I'm co-oping and I flew back for every single home game, save Miami. I'm doing my part.

Looks like an education wasn't what Jon was after. He apparently just wanted to perform before a much larger live audience. Well, now he has his chance.

btw do we typically have 121 guests viewing ST during this time of day? Seems like an awful lot.

Jon go **** yourself. You aren't 21-quality, you fat ass bitch. How bout this? Learn how to run forwards, lay off the McDonalds, and enroll in your local middle school to learn how to speak the English language. This saddens me that GT is allowing such numb skulls in our program.

Also, do the real fans of GT a favor and stop being a volatile, hate-spreading influence to current and potential GT student-athletes. That's rude, selfish and shows your immaturity.

It seems like you worship UGA so damn much that maybe you should have played there. Go meet up with Samuel L and root for the Dawgs because I don't want to see your ignorant, fat ass around our program any more. You obviously never got, and you never will get it.

Aside: Can someone post updates of this stuff as it occurs? Are other current SA's such as Sweeting still chiming in like little bitches? If so, someone should mail this to CPJ. Show CPJ that he doesn't have control of this team if SA's are bitching about fan attendance when they are loosing to ****ING Kansas and sitting at a mediocre 6-6.

I'm pretty sure Calvin Johnson also types "like that." He also left early, but from all accounts he liked the education at Tech.

In any case, whether or not he cares about his education is beside the point. Dwyer played essentially for free, when he could have gone to UGA, majored in some bull**** major where he had just about no classwork in the fall, and ran a ****load of yards for a ****load of wins. Before his bad combine, nobody was ****ting on him about being overweight. We were enjoying the wins too much to bite the hand that feeds us.

I'm pretty sure Calvin Johnson also types "like that." He also left early, but from all accounts he liked the education at Tech.

Jon was probably typing on his phone. I've seen worse typed using a full keyboard. Don't give a crap about the grammar and spelling, it's the message that sucks.

Back