The Diesel # 21 hating on Tech

If you pussies don't like it then get to games on time. GT's fanbase has no one to blame but themselves.

JD is out of line though, considering the only people who follow him are die hard GT people and potential recruits. All he is doing is opening up something he shouldn't, not to say its not true though because it is. Every school has the same problems though, just on different scales, with GT's being smaller it is more noticeable.

Great. Well I am there screaming my god damed head off for 3 hours straight and tailgating 2 hours before every game just like 90% of the people on here.

So, yeah let's just get more fans. Let us get the engineers to create a duplication portal for the good fans and let's just get more fans.

I am doing everything at a game every fan should do. Going to every game, screaming on every down especially 3rd down, ect. I mean do what? What are the fans that are already there supposed to do?

Maybe DRad should just go after the fans who change teams with every team that happens to be winning, to the rednecks who never went to that school and trash the campus. No thanks. GT may not have a ton of fans but the ones that are at the games are more loyal per capita. Don't like it as a player, don't come here but realize what you are doing before you get here. Don't have regrets after you show up fat to camp and barely avoid getting cut with no degree because you quit early.

There is some truth to what he says. Yep, it is just the fans that is why GT has less people at games than state schools. It isn't because we have 5000 less people graduate per year x 50 or so years. Or because we are in Atlanta where there are a lot of things to do. Or because a significant portion of GT graduates don't stay in Atlanta. We also don't have a bunch of sidewalk fans that will sell in their UGAg season tickets and start supporting Bama or probably Auburn now depending on who is doing better. UGAg and Tennessee had scores of empty seats this year. He's running his mouth when he doesn't know **** about what he is talking about.

Maybe if the players were worried about beating Georgia and not if some fat guy in the stands was cheering for them Gailey wouldn't have been fired. I bet he wishes he was here this year rather than sitting on the bench in Pittsburgh.

btw do we typically have 121 guests viewing ST during this time of day? Seems like an awful lot.

Guests grew from 121 to 201 in less than 40 minutes.

Who posted it on facebook and how many current and potential future proud Yellow Jackets are viewing this thread right now? :greenclap:

God damn it. We don't need recruits reading this bull****. ****ing a, Jon. What the **** are you doing?

Does he forget the massive line of people waiting for his signature on something at the 2009 Fan Day.
Comparing a medium sized engineering school's fanbase/stadium/football program to massive large state school programs, like UT, UGA, UF, is just ridiculous. It should be obvious that it's not an apples-apples comparison, but in the south most cannot understand that.

I wonder if Vad Lee is reading this thread.

I hear what he is saying, and I hear what you are saying.. but its directed at the wrong people and its ****ing stupid to make that post to boot knowing that true diehard GT fans are probably the ONLY GT fans who are following Dwyer's facebook page.

Its not the fans on these boards that need to be better fans, its the fact that we need MORE FANS!

Quoting this because I think this is the most concise answer I hope that Dwyer, our current players, and our hopeful future players get from this thread.

I wonder if Vad Lee is reading this thread.
That would be swell. Regardless of the fans, if good players come here they can have a chance to player under two great coaches and maybe be part of something special when it comes to the national picture.

Something else I find interesting is the contrast between how Dwyer feels and how Anthony feels. Anthony loves the Institute. He's always on Facebook talking positive about Tech, asking for fans to come to Yellow Jacket Alley, and he seems to generally just be a good ambassador for us. Yet, he only played two full seasons for us. So, why doesn't Anthony hate so many of the "fans"?

This is exactly what the players are talking bout. Here you go "I'm a Tech elitist, he need to correct his grammar" bull****. Take it for it is worth and understand what he saying. Get on these boards everyday bitching and moaning bout why we can't get elite recruits, why we can't take the next step in becoming a great team, when you fans are not doing your part. Guys, this is your former 4* RB, who you loved and adored, showing displeasure with the fan with another 4* saying he like this status. And what y'all fail to realize is that in the social media world, I can promise you guys like Vad Lee and Jabari Hunt-Days are FB friends or they are following Dwyer on Twitter and when they see stuff like this it will make think and wonder why should I come to Tech if the players are/were don't like it. Maybe it is time to look in mirror my friends.

So it's our fault that Jon Dwyer took a crap all over GT on a place where he knows that Vad Lee and Jabari Hunt-Days will read it?

Sutton Shirley Hearing one of techs best players in the past decade who is currently in the League talk bad about the program is going to discourage recruits from coming. Instead, if you talk about winning conference championships, Playing on Espn during primetime, beating a top 5 ranked team at home and tearing down the goalposts, beating uga and taking home part of the hedges, playing in a bcs bowl...then that would help recruiting.

Jon Dwyer sutton ur missing the point im making man...yea we won be beat vt yea we did greatest moment of my life,hands down but thing think about this ur 16 yrs old and ur gettin recruited and ur going to games and u see a florida game.. a miami game.. fsu lsu ect.. and then he comes to a tech game enviroment...its different man...its like we have to win games to bring fans and that shouldnt be the case...thats my complaint..fans should want to come to our games period...not just bc we are winning..but bc they are faithful fans..im not talking bad about the team the coaches or anybody in the office bc they are dong a amazing job..all im saying i just wish techs fans would be at all the games..

Sutton Shirley Hearing one of techs best players in the past decade who is currently in the League talk bad about the program is going to discourage recruits from coming. Instead, if you talk about winning conference championships, Playing on Espn during primetime, beating a top 5 ranked team at home and tearing down the goalposts, beating uga and taking home part of the hedges, playing in a bcs bowl...then that would help recruiting.

Jon Dwyer sutton ur missing the point im making man...yea we won be beat vt yea we did greatest moment of my life,hands down but thing think about this ur 16 yrs old and ur gettin recruited and ur going to games and u see a florida game.. a miami game.. fsu lsu ect.. and then he comes to a tech game enviroment...its different man...its like we have to win games to bring fans and that shouldnt be the case...thats my complaint..fans should want to come to our games period...not just bc we are winning..but bc they are faithful fans..im not talking bad about the team the coaches or anybody in the office bc they are dong a amazing job..all im saying i just wish techs fans would be at all the games..

All of those schools have a recent history of winning. The last time we won consistently and dominating was when the parents of the kids who are going to Tech now were born. Bottom line is that we need to win.

Before 1966 the capacity at Grant Field was about 65,000 and it was packed for every home game. Of course, that was before pro football and semi literate numb skulls that can't tell the difference between "shoes" and "shows".

Before 1967 the capacity was 52,000, and it was not always filled. We went to 60,000 with the upper west addition in 1967. Even though we weren't in the SEC, we still played an SEC schedule and had visitors aplenty. Also, there was one or two NCAA games broadcast per week! If you wanted to see the game, you had to buy a ticket.

Dwyer's rant is exhibit 1 in understanding his drop in the draft as it demonstrates his immaturity. Those attacking him for his rant, demonstrate the same problem. Facts can be brought to his attention without namecalling.

All of those schools have a recent history of winning. The last time we won consistently and dominating was when the parents of the kids who are going to Tech now were born. Bottom line is that we need to win.
Exactly. We were 4 out of the last 13 against uga in 1991. We're 4 out of the last 20 now. I've been to just about every home game and a bunch of road games in the past 14 years, and have seen my fair share of disappointing seasons. The fact is we havent had all that many great seasons in the past 40 years. And even then, we've had almost nothing in terms of sustained success. I'll keep going to every Tech game regardless of the outcome, but the "casual" fan does not come out to see a team lose. Of course a few jump on the band wagon after a year like 2009, but they jump right back off when you lose to Kansas. Most of those die-hard fans we had in the 50s and 60s at this point have actually died. Players and fans can bitch about our not filling BDS, but only winning consistently will build the fan base.

Has JD ever seen a Miami home game he hasn't played in? They had about 20,000 for USF. If he thinks Tech fans are fairweather, and Miami is what we aspire to be, I don't know if you can talk any sense into him.

Tashard Choice needs to give Dwyer a, hrmm, shall we say, pep talk?

We have a lot of great fans. Here's my recent history, probably similar to a lot of people here. I went to every home game except one in 09 along with the ACC Championship and the Orange Bowl. This year I went to every home game except one (work always stops one...), the UGA game, and booked my trip to Shreveport the day tickets went on sale.

Also, because of my apparently unrequited love, devotion, and most importantly, faith in GT football, I now have to put a UGA magnet on my car (that has a GT license plate) until next year.

Do not let them win next year!

p.s. I figure we should cut him a break. To paraphrase an older guy I worked with right out of college, "[he's] still young and full of ...."

This whole thing is unfortunate. Nothing positive will come of this. Do I think Tech fans could do better to get to the games on time or show up to support the team no matter who the opponent? Absolutely YES!

Will bitching by a disgruntled former player or even current player help anything? Heck NO! It will only further alienate the fanbase for players to have this sort of attitude, not to mention the damage it could do to recruiting, which happens to be getting into high season right now...

just unfortunate.

Back