The Diesel # 21 hating on Tech

Jon go **** yourself. You aren't 21-quality, you fat ass bitch. How bout this? Learn how to run forwards, lay off the McDonalds, and enroll in your local middle school to learn how to speak the English language. This saddens me that GT is allowing such numb skulls in our program.

Also, do the real fans of GT a favor and stop being a volatile, hate-spreading influence to current and potential GT student-athletes. That's rude, selfish and shows your immaturity.

It seems like you worship UGA so damn much that maybe you should have played there. Go meet up with Samuel L and root for the Dawgs because I don't want to see your ignorant, fat ass around our program any more. You obviously never got, and you never will get it.

Aside: Can someone post updates of this stuff as it occurs? Are other current SA's such as Sweeting still chiming in like little bitches?

I'm sure you would say all this stuff to his face. You actually can put it in a Facebook message now. Nothing is stopping you.

No, Dwyer likely didn't give 110% all the time he was there. But he was ACC player of the year and won a lot of games for us. He put in his time, kept up with his classes even when he could have gone to UGA and had some bull**** major instead of management. He stayed out of trouble as far as I know. And especially if he didn't care about education, he pretty did it all for not much more than a room in 8th Ave. apartments.

Save this kind of **** for the coaches. I'll admit I've gotten pissed at players before, but this thread is overboard. Dwyer made a point that's essentially correct and instead of taking it in stride and just disagreeing we're ****ting on him for saying something that upsets us.

He's not the first Tech student to get sore at Tech for one reason or another and he certainly won't be the last.

Haha, truer words were never spoken.

On the typing errors / etc, I've heard plenty of Jon Dwyer interviews and the dude is smart. The typing is probably a result of (as has been mentioned above) inebriation.

What grinds my gears about this is that I've put a lot of blood and sweat into this stupid school. Tech blows, it's hard, it's not very much fun, it's sorta like boot camp for capitalists, but like boot camp by the time you're out you eventually start to love the place. And of all the blood I put into that school, all nighters, no sleep, getting beaten up academically, then inexplicably going back for more when I wanted a masters degree, Jon put in more blood. Even though he ditched early, being a football player at Tech is freaking hard.

And what I just don't get is why anyone who'd spent that much time and effort at Tech would post something this harmful to recruiting in public. I would never, ever do that. Jon will never be an NFL player, he had his shot, he's going to be back in school somewhere soon, and he'll be a working stiff like the rest of us in five years tops. His pro career is basically done. His legacy is written, and all he will ever be remembered for is these three things:

ACC POTY,
ACCCG,
Beat Georgia.

Georgia Tech is his legacy.

Why take a big steaming dump on your legacy? Doesn't make sense. He must be really drunk.

Save this kind of **** for the coaches. I'll admit I've gotten pissed at players before, but this thread is overboard. Dwyer made a point that's essentially correct and instead of taking it in stride and just disagreeing we're ****ting on him for saying something that upsets us.

Colin Peek made a point that was essentially correct. Dwyer compared U[sic]GA to us favorably.

I'm sure you would say all this stuff to his face. You actually can put it in a Facebook message now. Nothing is stopping you.

Don't have a facebook account any more.

No, Dwyer likely didn't give 110% all the time he was there. But he was ACC player of the year and won a lot of games for us. He put in his time, kept up with his classes even when he could have gone to UGA and had some bull**** major instead of management. He stayed out of trouble as far as I know. And especially if he didn't care about education, he pretty did it all for not much more than a room in 8th Ave. apartments.

The guy shouldn't be badmouthing fans in 3rd grade English. He never once thanked the good fans in his post. Sorry, I typically don't have problems with SA's, but this is absolute horse crap to be spreading this anger to current SA's instead of trying to put a positive spin on it. That's what real leaders should do ...

Jon go **** yourself. You aren't 21-quality, you fat ass bitch. How bout this? Learn how to run forwards, lay off the McDonalds, and enroll in your local middle school to learn how to speak the English language. This saddens me that GT is allowing such numb skulls in our program.

Also, do the real fans of GT a favor and stop being a volatile, hate-spreading influence to current and potential GT student-athletes. That's rude, selfish and shows your immaturity.

It seems like you worship UGA so damn much that maybe you should have played there. Go meet up with Samuel L and root for the Dawgs because I don't want to see your ignorant, fat ass around our program any more. You obviously never got, and you never will get it.

Aside: Can someone post updates of this stuff as it occurs? Are other current SA's such as Sweeting still chiming in like little bitches? If so, someone should mail this to CPJ. Show CPJ that he doesn't have control of this team if SA's are bitching about fan attendance when they are loosing to ****ING Kansas and sitting at a mediocre 6-6.

Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner! I think the correct spelling is losing. LMAO!!!

Sutton Shirley If you wanted to help the program you'd be talking positive. If you've got beef share it with drad or cpj. The ppl you're friends with on facebook are not the problem. They are the ones who are season ticket holders and their every Saturday. Negative talk like this is going to discourage current players as well as hurt recruiting.

Jon Dwyer how am i hurting it? im speaking from my heart..there is nothing Pj or drad can do unless fans do something period... its not me..the whole team has been talking about this for yrs..we say things make videos for fans all the time and they s...till dont do anything about it...and i gave everything i had to georiga tech so dont come at me saying this and that...bc im tired of fans complaining...u guys have a bigger voice then we do..fans booed gailey and wat happen? he got fired if yall want better seat or ect..yall say something..bc the players wat the fans more than anything bc they keep us fired up and excited bc we feed of yall...the 12th man is the biggest weapon period...

The lastest gift from the 2 stroke chainsaw (Not the diesel anymore) he is responding to a fan calling him out for hurting recruiting, etc:

Jon Dwyer
how am i hurting it? im speaking from my heart..there is nothing Pj or drad can do unless fans do something period... its not me..the whole team has been talking about this for yrs..we say things make videos for fans all the time and they s...till dont do anything about it...and i gave everything i had to georiga tech so dont come at me saying this and that...bc im tired of fans complaining...u guys have a bigger voice then we do..fans booed gailey and wat happen? he got fired if yall want better seat or ect..yall say something..bc the players wat the fans more than anything bc they keep us fired up and excited bc we feed of yall...the 12th man is the biggest weapon period...See More
10 minutes ago ·

Most disappointing message from Jon, but it demonstrates why I like CPJ's system. Get good players who work hard, don't have pro football riches on their mind, and can stay with the program for five years...not three.

You really think that?

Well if a four or five star athlete wants to come to Tech I'm all for it provided we don't have to engage in a bidding war with the SEC for his high school skills that may or may not be adaptable to college ball over a three year time span.

Now ask me about Sean Bedford. Look up "Student Athlete" in the Essobee dictionary and you will find his picture.
The first team All-ACC center in 2009... the only Yellow Jacket on the preseason All-ACC team... on the preseason watch list for three national awards -- the Lowe's Senior CLASS Award, the Outland Trophy and the Rimington Trophy... the aerospace engineering major is a former walk-on and a former defensive lineman... a very cerebral and hard-working player... took over the starting job at center in the spring of 2009... was awarded a scholarship from head coach Paul Johnson following spring practice in 2009.

2010 Preseason First Team All-ACC
2010 Lowe's Senior CLASS Award Candidate
2010 Outland Trophy Candidate
2010 Rimington Trophy Candidate
2009 First Team All-ACC
2009 ACC co-Offensive Lineman of the Week (Sept. 28
2009 ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week (Oct. 19)

2008 (Sophomore)
The aerospace engineering major is a back-up at center... saw action in the Miami game (Nov. 20) and Mississippi State game (Sept. 20)... moved from the defensive line to the offense in mid-August... Paul Johnson was impressed with Bedford's work ethic and felt he might have a better chance to see action on the O-line... joined the squad as a walk-on in 2006... played well in the T-Day (Spring) Game with 3.5 tackles, 1.0 tackle-for-loss and a fumble recovery.

2007 (Freshman)
A key member of the scout team... saw action in one game -- vs. Army (Oct. 20).

Joined the squad as a walk-on and redshirted.

The lastest gift from the 2 stroke chainsaw (Not the diesel anymore) he is responding to a fan calling him out for hurting recruiting, etc:

Jon Dwyer
how am i hurting it? im speaking from my heart..there is nothing Pj or drad can do unless fans do something period... its not me..the whole team has been talking about this for yrs..we say things make videos for fans all the time and they s...till dont do anything about it...and i gave everything i had to georiga tech so dont come at me saying this and that...bc im tired of fans complaining...u guys have a bigger voice then we do..fans booed gailey and wat happen? he got fired if yall want better seat or ect..yall say something..bc the players wat the fans more than anything bc they keep us fired up and excited bc we feed of yall...the 12th man is the biggest weapon period...See More
10 minutes ago ·

"How am I hurting it?"

Oh gee, I don't know, when your ACC POTY and ex team leader trashes his own school in a public forum, that's somehow supposed to be good for recruiting?

The truth is Tech fans aren't any worse than any other fans, there's just less of us.

The solution is more fans.

The way to get more fans is to win more, win consistently, and above all else beat Georgia.

That's the solution. Then the fans will come. It's got to start with the players and coaches. I can't buy any more tickets than I'm already buying, and the key to filling the stadium is not to trash the people who are already coming to the games.

Y'all crack me up. Back in the day of stoic silence by coaches and players, fans didn't have worldwide 24-7 access to express their opinions, yet coaches and players are expected to act just like they did back then. Well, I've got news for you: the Internet is a two-way street and fans had better get used to coaches, administrators and players using it to reply to the ceaseless noise of the fans. Dwyer's absolutely right and he has an absolute right to say what he's said and if you don't like it do something about it.

Jon Dwyer
10 minutes ago ·

Cool down, guys. He's not even talking about our school. :laugher:

If we need to get upset at anyone, it should be the English department.

If I didn't know who wrote this, I would swear they were from "Da U."

The way to get more fans is to win more, win consistently, and above all else beat Georgia.

That's the solution. Then the fans will come.

Yeah, that worked real well in 1991 didn't it?

Before his bad combine, nobody was ****ting on him about being overweight. We were enjoying the wins too much to bite the hand that feeds us.
Not true, full-on complaining started with Miami game, but his weight was mentioned pre-season. Complaining died down with the wins, but flared back up after the combine again.

Two things: (1) many on here have said the same things about our fan base so while it upsets me at the level of a southern man should know better than to air dirty laundry in public, I'm not bothered that he feels that way; (2) his grammar from a modern Tech man almost made me cry; it's worse than mack's :biggthumpup:
Whoa dude thought you were engineer not a english teacher.Alas and Alas though you are right.Served me pretty well in Court rooms for last thirty years though.Bet country folks can understand me but maybe the concrete crowd cant.I will try to do better.

Jon Dwyer how am i hurting it? im speaking from my heart..there is nothing Pj or drad can do unless fans do something period... its not me..the whole team has been talking about this for yrs..we say things make videos for fans all the time and they s...till dont do anything about it...and i gave everything i had to georiga tech so dont come at me saying this and that...bc im tired of fans complaining...u guys have a bigger voice then we do..fans booed gailey and wat happen? he got fired if yall want better seat or ect..yall say something..bc the players wat the fans more than anything bc they keep us fired up and excited bc we feed of yall...the 12th man is the biggest weapon period...

This is what I feared the most. You also kind of get the feeling that CPJ tries to rally his boys and protect them as much as possible from fan criticism by putting on this "it's the team and the team alone; the fans can't help us" idea. If CPJ had his way, he wouldn't have to interact with a single GT fan ever.

I guess the problem really comes down to the fact that our players care about what the fans (fair weather, life-long, drunk, crazy, whatever) think and they focus too much on the criticism. If they didn't care about the fans, they wouldn't get disappointed like this. They would just get arrested and haven't a care in the world what anyone thinks.

Wasn't the stadium much larger at one part? Was it always sold out then? (too young then to know)
Before 1966 the capacity at Grant Field was about 65,000 and it was packed for every home game. Of course, that was before pro football and semi literate numb skulls that can't tell the difference between "shoes" and "shows".

I really think the players would be more appreciative of the fans if the Greek section (including my sorority) would show up on time. There are definitely a handful of people I know who do actually get to the game an hour before kickoff, but there's still a lot of empty seats during the first quarter. I have no idea what other schools do that causes their students to be there 15 minutes before kickoff, but I'm all for a first-come first-serve ticketing system, like what basketball does.

Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner! I think the correct spelling is losing. LMAO!!!
Elitist.

Jon Dwyer
10 minutes ago ·

Jon, you're hurting recruiting because the fans that are friends with you go to games already. You're just giving a negative view of Tech to recruits and current players. NOTHING POSITIVE WILL COME FROM POSTING THIS **** ON FB. Not one extra fan will show up because of this, and you've managed to piss off a few of the current ones. People who spend ungodly amounts of money to watch you guys. You just basically said, that we aren't good enough for you.
Tech isn't Tenn. or Ugay. I'm proud of that. You don't seem to be.

Back