The Geoff Collins Effect!

So you DON'T agree that Paul left the talent level in the program in shambles?
Then there is really zero need to continue this discussion.

But, if he's such a winner and there was no talent issue, as you claim, then why were we trending downwards his last four years with respect to wins?
2018 -> 7-6
2017 -> 5-6
2016 -> 9-4
2015 -> 3-9

24 wins, 25 losses. Yeah, boy...that's some talented winning right there! You sure showed me and everyone else what a winner Johnson was!
In Paul's ;last year, when according to you there was no talent, he took the team to a bowl, winning 7 games. Collins could not take that talent and beat The Citadel. Funny, his trending down years (according to you) are better than anything Collins has done. Collins only accomplishment was to successfully sell himself to the AD. Nothing he has done in player recruitment/retention or on the field production has lived up to the hype. Obviously you are, but for those that are into the "juice crew", I suppose he has done well with that. Unfortunately though, as the numbers show, few people other than yourself, buy season tickets to watch the crew....

In Paul's ;last year, when according to you there was no talent, he took the team to a bowl, winning 7 games. Collins could not take that talent and beat The Citadel. Funny, his trending down years (according to you) are better than anything Collins has done. Collins only accomplishment was to successfully sell himself to the AD. Nothing he has done in player recruitment/retention or on the field production has lived up to the hype. Obviously you are, but for those that are into the "juice crew", I suppose he has done well with that. Unfortunately though, as the numbers show, few people other than yourself, buy season tickets to watch the crew....
Holy hell. Are you even paying attention to what you're typing? Are you really one of these idiots who believes that teams stay the same from year to year? That players don't graduate and/or leave the program?

How many starting players graduated or transferred from that 2018, 7-win team and how many returned? Specifically, look at the offensive and defensive lines and tell me how many of those were at GT in 2019 and available to play. And that bowl you mentioned? We got our asses handed to us, yet again, by the football powerhouse Minnesota Golden Gophers.

And once again, who the hell is defending Collins? I'm pointing out that, while you might think Johnson walked on water, what he really did was screw over the program for ANYONE who would have taken over as coach after him.

Once again, I'm not defending the job Collins has done. But "Paul is a winner" should be amended to "Paul is a winner with inherited talent then he kills the talent pool and leaves you with a bare cupboard as he leaves."

Amazing the way some of you want to make excuses for the pitiful state he left the program in.
I didn't realize that Justin Thomas, one of the best QBs in Tech history, was a player that was given to him. Sam could go for Waller, however many runningbacks we had, and a good amount of defensive players.

So you DON'T agree that Paul left the talent level in the program in shambles?
Then there is really zero need to continue this discussion.

But, if he's such a winner and there was no talent issue, as you claim, then why were we trending downwards his last four years with respect to wins?
2018 -> 7-6
2017 -> 5-6
2016 -> 9-4
2015 -> 3-9

24 wins, 25 losses. Yeah, boy...that's some talented winning right there! You sure showed me and everyone else what a winner Johnson was!
Moving from a battered team that went 3-9 solely bc we couldn't keep anyone healthy to 2 winning seasons and what should've been a .500 season had UCF not backed out doesn't seem to be trending downwards... in fact, I would say that would be an improvement.

I didn't realize that Justin Thomas, one of the best QBs in Tech history, was a player that was given to him. Sam could go for Waller, however many runningbacks we had, and a good amount of defensive players.
And how many of those "great players" did Paul leave for the following coach versus how many he inherited? LOL.

Moving from a battered team that went 3-9 solely bc we couldn't keep anyone healthy to 2 winning seasons and what should've been a .500 season had UCF not backed out doesn't seem to be trending downwards... in fact, I would say that would be an improvement.
LOL. WTF?
UCF that year went undefeated and we were going to be underdogs by likely 10+ points and you're going to call that a guarantee win for us?
LOL. Dude, you are frigging delusional.

LOL. WTF?
UCF that year went undefeated and we were going to be underdogs by likely 10+ points and you're going to call that a guarantee win for us?
LOL. Dude, you are frigging delusional.
How many TO teams had UCF faced? They could barely beat Navy that year, and they had to go into double OT against Memphis, and escaped against USF with a last second TD.

Holy hell. Are you even paying attention to what you're typing? Are you really one of these idiots who believes that teams stay the same from year to year? That players don't graduate and/or leave the program?

How many starting players graduated or transferred from that 2018, 7-win team and how many returned? Specifically, look at the offensive and defensive lines and tell me how many of those were at GT in 2019 and available to play. And that bowl you mentioned? We got our asses handed to us, yet again, by the football powerhouse Minnesota Golden Gophers.

And once again, who the hell is defending Collins? I'm pointing out that, while you might think Johnson walked on water, what he really did was screw over the program for ANYONE who would have taken over as coach after him.
Ironic that you mention the loss to Minnesota when your love interest for Collins won't let you talk about his failures (i.e. The Citadel, Northern Illinois, etc.) If TS has any moxie about him, Collins will be gone after this year. As I said, he'll have no luck in finding another head coaching gig. He just isn't qualified. Maybe he will be a lifelong assistant or recruiting coordinator, although his bravado and billing in that arena has been disappointing.

Ironic that you mention the loss to Minnesota when your love interest for Collins won't let you talk about his failures (i.e. The Citadel, Northern Illinois, etc.) If TS has any moxie about him, Collins will be gone after this year. As I said, he'll have no luck in finding another head coaching gig. He just isn't qualified. Maybe he will be a lifelong assistant or recruiting coordinator, although his bravado and billing in that arena has been disappointing.
Jesus Christ, you're a moron. I've already said at least 5 times that there is no defense of Collins' coaching.
But you should just go ahead and admit your love for Paul Johnson and see if you can have a baby with him.

He also didn't mention the fact that we hadn't been shut out at home for 382 games prior to Collins losing 45-0 to VT. And then again we got shut out twice this season. Granted both games were away games, at ND and dwag fans buying all of our tickets. We had some lows with Johnson, but at least we hadn't been shut out at home under him.

Jesus Christ, you're a moron. I've already said at least 5 times that there is no defense of Collins' coaching.
But you should just go ahead and admit your love for Paul Johnson and see if you can have a baby with him.
Yep., I'm one of those morons that just don't see the progress......I'm sure though that all of the 4 and 5 star recruits that come to BDS next year will overlook the 25-30k empty seats when they make their decision because thy are not morons and can see the progress.

2018 -> 7-6
2017 -> 5-6
2016 -> 9-4
2015 -> 3-9

You will need to add the 11 win season in which we won the orange bowl and finished as a top 10 team in the country to get a trend line to agree with your statement.

I will agree that Geoff Collins is remarkably consistent, and his win totals have not shown signs of trending downwards across any data set in his 3 year tenure.

I will take the highs and lows with CPJ over the mediocre train of CCG and the total flatline of CGC. Your hatred of CPJ has ate away at your brain cells.
No need, you had already pointed that out. Hope your love fest with Collins continues. You and he should be able to be very intimate at BDS next year.
LOL. I keep telling you that I absolutely loved what CPJ did at Tech while he was winning. I don't hate the man at all and, in fact, really enjoyed a lot of the aspects while he was here...namely, the number of times he beat UGA. But I can also see that he absolutely did not leave the program in a better state than he inherited it.

Collins should have won more games than he has. But to deny that he was dealt a bad hand to start with isn't facing reality. And I blame CPJ for that. Sorry if that bothers you and your desire to worship all things Paul.

FWIW, while I hope this coaching staff can turn it around because I want Tech to get back to winning ways, I personally don't think they can do enough to keep their jobs, based on the upcoming schedule. I would love to be wrong.

And when/if they are removed and the next guy comes in, I'll be a fan of that coaching staff as well. That's what I do because I am a fan of Georgia Tech athletics. Some of you are forgetting that Paul retired...he QUIT. You can make all the excuses for why he did it; but he wasn't fired. He left. Time to move on.

Back