The Official Final CFP Rankings Thread

That was 3 years ago. They have had plenty of time to find replacements. They failed to do such. Nobody to blame but their awful conference commissioner.

Their problem is adding a Boise does nothing for TV revenues. The biggest mistake they made is to not name "one true champion" and abdicate to the committee the responsibility of choosing one. The other is scheduling crap for out of conference. They were punished for their hubris.

Their problem is adding a Boise does nothing for TV revenues. The biggest mistake they made is to not name "one true champion" and abdicate to the committee the responsibility of choosing one. The other is scheduling crap for out of conference. They were punished for their hubris.

They tried to game the system in more ways than one and it didn't work. Good to see.

why are we talking to Finebaum? Show the öööö rankings

Hah. I meant the Rose Bowl Game, not the stadium :).

I would like to see us play a Pac-12 team once in a while in a home and home. Can't remember the last time we did that. UCLA is as good as any.

So is there a separate show later in the day for the rest of the rankings and bowls?

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like they'll be announced at 1:45.

So is there a separate show later in the day for the rest of the rankings and bowls?

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like they'll be announced at 1:45.

where'd you see that?

Big 12 needs to add a Boise State, Utah, or an Air Force to have a championship game. Big 12 will never be taken seriously until they have a championship game. Hopefully now the Big 12 will do the right thing and declare Baylor sole champions since they beat TCU head to head.

TV revenue is the least of their issues right now. They were just essentially told they didn't get a team in because the don't have a championship game and their "One true champion" mantra was a lie. They could add SMU and Houston and be done with it and have a championship game. No need to get Boise or BYU. They just lost out on millions in revenue because of inept leadership.

Big 12 needs to add a Boise State, Utah, or an Air Force to have a championship game. Big 12 will never be taken seriously until they have a championship game. Hopefully now the Big 12 will do the right thing and declare Baylor sole champions since they beat TCU head to head.

why would Utah leave the Pac12 for the dumpster fire that is the Big12?

where'd you see that?

Did a google search and the top result was an article for the Cotton Bowl, which said it and the other bowls would be announced at 1:45... didn't specify time zone, though, so it may be talking about central time.

TV revenue is the least of their issues right now. They were just essentially told they didn't get a team in because the don't have a championship game and their "One true champion" mantra was a lie. They could add SMU and Houston and be done with it and have a championship game. No need to get Boise or BYU. They just lost out on millions in revenue because of inept leadership.

I think if they just had a tiebreaker, that might have been enough. Instead, they claimed co-champions and scheduled weak.

@GottliebShow: The O in Ohio State stands for wins vs SEC in bowl games

@ESPNStatsInfo: Opening lines, per @LVSuperBook:

Sugar Bowl
1 Alabama (-9.5) vs 4 Ohio State

Rose Bowl
2 Oregon (-8.5) vs 3 Florida State

I think if they just had a tiebreaker, that might have been enough. Instead, they claimed co-champions and scheduled weak.

I think everybody is missing the point. The co champion crap was just semantics. The committee probably just said that's cute, Baylor is the champ due to head to head.

At the end of the day, Baylor and TCU played one less game than everybody that got seeded today. That matters.

@PretendLouHoltz: Thish canth be righth! How did the playoth commithee leave out Nothur Thame?!

I think the real issue was stated earlier here in the thread. Their OOC schedule strength was crap.

@Kelly_Quinlan: Cincy, BYU, Boise St, Memphis, UCF, USF and others all speed dialing Big12 to pitch their teams.

Back