The Top-40 Players of the Coach Paul Johnson Era -- w/ Highlights, Stats, and Facts

#25: Chris Milton (2011-2015)
at 2:05 Milton scores his first career TD

His pick-6 vs. Clemson, his second and last career TD

at 1:25 Milton blocks a Syracuse punt

Milton blocks a huge kick vs VT! (Skip to 1:22:08)

at 35:29 Milton blocks his 7th and final career kick!

Blocks I didn't post that he has for you to look up: Blocked punt vs. Elon, blocked XP vs. Wofford, Blocked punt vs. Tulane in 2015, and Blocked a punt @BYU in 2013.

Chris Milton is one of Georgia Tech's all-time greats at blocking kicks. He blocked 7 kicks from 2013-2015 including an extra point, a field goal, and FIVE punts. He also recorded five interceptions and two TDs in his career. Milton officially ended with 96 tackles and 12 pass deflections (unofficially he has 21). Milton also has the Georgia Tech record for games played out of possible games to play, at 100%, never missing a game from 2012-2015 (not including his redshirt year of 2011). He started in 33/53 career games. One more game played would have tied him for the most games played in Georgia Tech history. Milton was a huge part of the Orange Bowl, where he recorded 8 tackles and an interception. Talk about a guy who was all over the field, Milton could do it all. Was a really good cover safety, fast, good hands, and over all a great Yellow Jacket!

Last edited:
#25: Chris Milton (2011-2015)

His pick-6 vs. Clemson, his second and last career TD

This return was incredible. I remember being there - at the 40 yard line or so, he finds an extra gear and just breezes by everyone around. Impressive acceleration.

This return was incredible. I remember being there - at the 40 yard line or so, he finds an extra gear and just breezes by everyone around. Impressive acceleration.
And he did it at a pT's notice. He was just trying to do his job and suddenly Stoudt plants the ball right in the arms of the only open man in his line of sight. 2014 was so much fun.

#24: Jemea Thomas (2009-2013)

Ipod doing what he does best

Another huge hit

Ipod recorded a lot of sacks from his position

JT blows up his own player in this spring highlight

Everyone has seen all his big plays, so I looked for some lesser known plays to post. Youtube-Jemea Thomas, there is clip after clip of him blowing up receivers, backs, and QBs.

Jemea Thomas, what can I say about him? His accolade list will be very long, so lets just jump into his stats. He finished as Georgia Tech's all time record holder in games played with 54, recorded 234 tackles, 13.5 TFL, 5 sacks, 9 picks, 1 fumble recovered, and 3 fumbles forced. He recorded an un-real 73 solo tackles in his senior year and 3 of his 5 sacks came then too. Ipod was known for his big hits and awesome interceptions. He came to GT to be an A-back in 2009, but ended up backing up Morgan Burnett for the 2009 season. We redshirted him in 2010, and Jemea would go onto start 29 games the next three seasons. He started all of the games in 2012-2013. Jemea finished his career 9th on Georgia Tech's all time 'tackles by a DB' list.

Here is a list of his accolades, that I snagged off ramblinwreck.com
* 2013 Third Team All-ACC (Phil Steele)
* 2013 East-West Shrine Bowl Invitee
* 2013 College All-Star Bowl Invitee
* 2013 ACC Defensive Back of the Week (11.4)
* 2013 ACC co-Defensive Back of the Week (10.28)
* 2013 Chuck Bednarik Award preseason watch list
* 2013 Preseason Second Team All-ACC (Athlon)
* 2013 Preseason Fourth Team All-ACC (Phil Steele)
* 2012 Second Team All-ACC (Phil Steele)
* 2012 Preseason Fourth Team All-ACC (Phil Steele)
* 2011 ACC Defensive Back of the Week (10/31)

That second Jemea video is just brutal. The poor bastard from Western Carolina almost kicked himself in the face while flat on his back. Vicious.

#24: Jemea Thomas (2009-2013)

Ipod doing what he does best

Another huge hit

Ipod recorded a lot of sacks from his position

JT blows up his own player in this spring highlight

Everyone has seen all his big plays, so I looked for some lesser known plays to post. Youtube-Jemea Thomas, there is clip after clip of him blowing up receivers, backs, and QBs.

Jemea Thomas, what can I say about him? His accolade list will be very long, so lets just jump into his stats. He finished as Georgia Tech's all time record holder in games played with 54, recorded 234 tackles, 13.5 TFL, 5 sacks, 9 picks, 1 fumble recovered, and 3 fumbles forced. He recorded an un-real 73 solo tackles in his senior year and 3 of his 5 sacks came then too. Ipod was known for his big hits and awesome interceptions. He came to GT to be an A-back in 2009, but ended up backing up Morgan Burnett for the 2009 season. We redshirted him in 2010, and Jemea would go onto start 29 games the next three seasons. He started all of the games in 2012-2013. Jemea finished his career 9th on Georgia Tech's all time 'tackles by a DB' list.

Here is a list of his accolades, that I snagged off ramblinwreck.com
* 2013 Third Team All-ACC (Phil Steele)
* 2013 East-West Shrine Bowl Invitee
* 2013 College All-Star Bowl Invitee
* 2013 ACC Defensive Back of the Week (11.4)
* 2013 ACC co-Defensive Back of the Week (10.28)
* 2013 Chuck Bednarik Award preseason watch list
* 2013 Preseason Second Team All-ACC (Athlon)
* 2013 Preseason Fourth Team All-ACC (Phil Steele)
* 2012 Second Team All-ACC (Phil Steele)
* 2012 Preseason Fourth Team All-ACC (Phil Steele)
* 2011 ACC Defensive Back of the Week (10/31)

That one time we actually locked down a TE.

That second Jemea video is just brutal. The poor bastard from Western Carolina almost kicked himself in the face while flat on his back. Vicious.

That was incredible.

I don't even remember that hit. Funny thing is, I bet that Western Carolina WR doesn't either.

That was incredible.

I don't even remember that hit. Funny thing is, I bet that Western Carolina WR doesn't either.
:lol: same here, though if I had seen him nearly bite his own ankle that night from my seat, I'd have been watching that video at least once a day ever since.

Or do you? *Manget* We Conyers boys gotta stick up for each other.

As a kid, I really took a liking to kicking field goals and Luke Manget was one of my favorite players. I have a football signed by him and a lot of the good players from 2004.

As a kid, I really took a liking to kicking field goals and Luke Manget was one of my favorite players. I have a football signed by him and a lot of the good players from 2004.
Me too actually. He and Dyke were my inspiration when I almost stopped being a pussy and tried to play football. Would have been a lot of fun, I would have actually made something of myself, I would have learned a lot about the game and life itself, and it all would have been thanks to our excellent kicking unit.

#23: P.J. Davis (2013-2016)

P.J.'s fumble-six from the gator bowl

Before his senior season highlights, includes some that the first one doesn't have

Pick six vs. Virginia Tech

Since most of the highlights have been taken care of, here is PJ being challenged in a dance off by Shamire Devine

P.J. Davis played 50 games for the Jackets, each one he gave just as much effort as the last. This kid literally left it all out on the field. Built like a literal wrecking ball, PJ was one of our top defenders from '13-'16. His career statistics were pretty great- 313 tackles, 7 sacks, 20.5 TFL, 4 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, and 2 defensive touchdowns. His 38 yard fumble recovery TD is the longest fumble return in Georgia Tech's bowl history, and the 7th longest fumble return in GT history. I cannot find where PJ is on the all-time tackles list, but 10th place has 390 and Pj has 313 so I assume he is in the top 25-30. Definitely top 20 for linebackers all-time. He was named honorable mention all-ACC after the 2014 season and led the team in tackles in 2014 and 2015.

#22: @EffortWarrior79 Sean Bedford (2006-2010)
This is why they call him effort warrior... watch him stand up and clear the way for Nesbitt

at 1:42 you can see Bedford Paving the way for a 'Nesbitt Sneak'

at 1:29 Bedford completely clearing out a Mississippi St. player for a huge hole

79 completely stands up the lineman to open a hole for Dwyer

Funny video about Sean

Sean Bedford, one of the oldest players that'll be on this list, captured our hearts as the smartest man in college football when he was here. He was a damn good Center to boot, earning first team all-ACC in 2009 and 2010! He also won three ACC lineman of the weeks during his time here. Bedford was actually a walk-on, who redshirted in the 2006 season. In 2007 he was a reserve defensive lineman, that only played in the Army game. He switched to Center before 2008 and was our back up seeing limited action. He won the starting job in spring 2009, and never looked back. Sean is still a major part of our athletic program as he is the color commentator in the radio booth. One of Bedford's best moments on the flats wasn't in a game at all, it was his response to the bullshit cheating allegations, in which we were "stripped" of our 2009 ACCCG. Here is what he had to say:

"Dear NCAA,

Thank you for handing down penalties that only adversely affect the players who did things the right way. This reeks of an organization desperate to prove that it has some sort of control over its member institutions despite lacking the ability and firepower to police the serious offenders and protect the student-athletes whose interests you purport to have at heart.

While I realize that all violations merit some kind of punishment, I have a hard time grasping the notion that one of the proudest moments in my life (and the lives of every other individual that was a part of the team and program in 2009) is apparently worth $312 in your eyes. If that truly is the case, I'd be happy to provide you with that same amount of money (cash or check, your choice) in exchange for the reinstatement of the title my teammates and I earned through our blood, sweat and tears.

It took months of hard work, dedication and personal sacrifice by a team of over 100 players, 10 coaches and countless staff members to achieve that championship, but, evidently, it only takes the handful of pencil pushers, lawyers and professors on your infractions committee to strip us of it.

I was a part of the 2009 ACC Championship team and, while you can pretend retroactively that it didn't happen, I have vivid memories of an incredible season that was, and continues to be, one of the most fun, meaningful, important, and very real times in my 23 years on this planet. I'll be wearing my championship ring with pride and if you want that too, you'll have to pry it from my cold, dead finger.

-Sean Bedford"

Last edited:
#23: P.J. Davis (2013-2016)

P.J.'s fumble-six from the gator bowl

Before his senior season highlights, includes some that the first one doesn't have

Pick six vs. Virginia Tech

Since most of the highlights have been taken care of, here is PJ being challenged in a dance off by Shamire Devine

P.J. Davis played 50 games for the Jackets, each one he gave just as much effort as the last. This kid literally left it all out on the field. Built like a literal wrecking ball, PJ was one of our top defenders from '13-'16. His career statistics were pretty great- 313 tackles, 7 sacks, 20.5 TFL, 4 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, and 2 defensive touchdowns. His 38 yard fumble recovery TD is the longest fumble return in Georgia Tech's bowl history, and the 7th longest fumble return in GT history. I cannot find where PJ is on the all-time tackles list, but 10th place has 390 and Pj has 313 so I assume he is in the top 25-30. Definitely top 20 for linebackers all-time. He was named honorable mention all-ACC after the 2014 season and led the team in tackles in 2014 and 2015.

I could watch Seabiscuit's highlights all day. Kid had a knack for tackling and all around great representative of the Institute. Kid had a great story too, in terms of his family's efforts to get him noticed.

If you're reading, Brendadict Douglas, thank you for heading over to the Cesspool so we could get PJ Davis on the Flats.

#22: @EffortWarrior79 Sean Bedford (2006-2010)
This is why they call him effort warrior... watch him stand up and clear the way for Nesbitt

Paving the way for a 'Nesbitt Sneak'

Bedford completely clearing out a Mississippi St. player for a huge hole

79 completely stands up the lineman to open a hole for Dwyer

Funny video about Sean

Sean Bedford, one of the oldest players that'll be on this list, captured our hearts as the smartest man in college football when he was here. He was a damn good Center to boot, earning first team all-ACC in 2009 and 2010! He also won three ACC lineman of the weeks during his time here. Bedford was actually a walk-on, who redshirted in the 2006 season. In 2007 he was a reserve defensive lineman, that only played in the Army game. He switched to Center before 2008 and was our back up seeing limited action. He won the starting job in spring 2009, and never looked back. Sean is still a major part of our athletic program as he is the color commentator in the radio booth. One of Bedford's best moments on the flats wasn't in a game at all, it was his response to the bullshit cheating allegations, in which we were "stripped" of our 2009 ACCCG. Here is what he had to say:

"Dear NCAA,

Thank you for handing down penalties that only adversely affect the players who did things the right way. This reeks of an organization desperate to prove that it has some sort of control over its member institutions despite lacking the ability and firepower to police the serious offenders and protect the student-athletes whose interests you purport to have at heart.

While I realize that all violations merit some kind of punishment, I have a hard time grasping the notion that one of the proudest moments in my life (and the lives of every other individual that was a part of the team and program in 2009) is apparently worth $312 in your eyes. If that truly is the case, I'd be happy to provide you with that same amount of money (cash or check, your choice) in exchange for the reinstatement of the title my teammates and I earned through our blood, sweat and tears.

It took months of hard work, dedication and personal sacrifice by a team of over 100 players, 10 coaches and countless staff members to achieve that championship, but, evidently, it only takes the handful of pencil pushers, lawyers and professors on your infractions committee to strip us of it.

I was a part of the 2009 ACC Championship team and, while you can pretend retroactively that it didn't happen, I have vivid memories of an incredible season that was, and continues to be, one of the most fun, meaningful, important, and very real times in my 23 years on this planet. I'll be wearing my championship ring with pride and if you want that too, you'll have to pry it from my cold, dead finger.

-Sean Bedford"
As much as each new player you rank gives me flashbacks which make me want to write essays about why/how I love them, this one is different. Bedford played his heart out and ass off, does great in the booth, told the NCAA to choke on a dick and, most importantly, has a StingTalk account. So the commentary gig gives him a leg up on refrigeratormover.

having trouble getting Bedford's youtube videos to work. I figured out how to start them where I want the highlight to start, but for some reason I can't get them to all work at the same time. I know its url;m=X;s=X

Can't get some of them to work. does anyone know how to get this to work every time?

Last edited:
Back