This weekends recruits

Much Ado about nothing, CGC is smart enough to not cut his own throat in the recruiting game.

Last edited:
You really need to pay attention to CGC’s comments in the Press Conference about “Roster Management”. That is a Saban term and it is how you build a program. We have a coach now who understands big time college football. There is going to be a lot of attrition the first two years. If you don’t like that then go be a fan of Georgia State or Kenneaw or something like that. Things are going to change.

I’m okay with that if he provides any semblance of Saban esque results. Otherwise we’re just like every other dbag program in the country

I’m okay with that if he provides any semblance of Saban esque results. Otherwise we’re just like every other dbag program in the country

ACC Coastal is wide open right now. Clemson is the only dominant program in our Conference currently. If he can get the 15th ranked class (which he has done here before) we will make some noise in the conference.

For once I'm going to talk to you like an adult, just to make clear that I know I am wasting my breath. This post is exactly why you are a ööööing moron. In your head, there are actually people who are your opposite. You despised Paul Johnson and didn't care about anything but getting rid of him, and whining as loudly as possible whenever something went wrong until you got your way. So you imagine that there are people who love Paul Johnson and don't care about anything but protecting a coach they like. Those people don't exist, you ööööing mongoloid. I supported Johnson his entire tenure, and over the last couple of seasons have been questioning whether a change was necessary. Now that we have our new man and I am optimistic about his abilities, I am glad things ended with CPJ the way they did, no drama and bullshit, he stepped down and we moved on.

I imagine it would be difficult to go back through your posts over the last few years and find more than a very small handful which do not include some flavor or another of your limitless venom for Johnson. I also imagine I'd find that your posting activity skyrocketed following a loss and was completely silent after wins. Johnson is leaving and hopefully with Collins you won't develop a new grudge so we won't have to be subjected to your transparent and mindless moaning, at least over who should be coaching, for a while. Even if you remain a troll, maybe having an new coach will inspire you to add things like creativity and wit and humor to your attempts. Sadly, what I expect is that you'll find ways to """subtly""""""" öööö on Johnson periodically, maybe find some small things to whine about here and there, until Collins does something to earn your ire next June or so and all your efforts return figuring out how you can say "fire the coach" without saying it so you don't get banned.

Your attitude is complete öööö, you are completely incapable of separating what's good for the program from what you want, and worst of all - your boundless misery is completely humorless. Some part of me genuinely wants to figure out how to make your stupid ass understand what makes you such a little bitch. And I know I never will, but I just can't quit you. Little bitch.

Damn dude if you’re going to own someone like that at least have the decency to include 1-800-273-8255 in your post.

Let the coach and school decide how many players to sign. This is the sort of thing that either way (too many/too little) it happens we shouldn't talk about it because it is a negative for the programs perception.

OK, I'm very confused.

I think we need a very public poll. To hit 85 and never run a kid off you can only thake 17 a year. The factories are taking 30.

If we dont play the 30 game, we are unquestionably going to have a lower talent level than the other teams.

Teams that are "better than that" are all 7-5. Maybe 9-3. Teams that competing in the playoffs are at minimum taking 25 every year.

Kids that commit to Alabama know if they dont make it they have to transfer out. Its not a ööööing secret. Kids know we will pay for your school even if they decide to half ass it. You would think the factories treating them like trash would hurt their recruiting and help us. It obviously does not.

We either want to be UVAish and play super nice with 9-3 ceilings or we want to compete with the local factories. What do you want?

Don't handicap Collins. If he is honest with them and says we are bringing in 25 and plan to compete like the factories the kids shouldnt be surprised that if they dont work 110% and help the team they will be asked to make room for some kid that wants to.

Unfortunately until oversigning is stopped by the NCAA, perhaps the rule is we don't care how many you sogn, but you can only sign up to 85 as determined by your roster size on January 10, it will happen and cause talent to be even more concentrated.

Let's see how he does it, and move forward from there.

Some recruits would give their left nut to play at Bama. That's why they accept greyshirting and over signing. GT recruiting is not yet at that level. Tech doesn't have the cache yet to pull the rug out from under a recruit's feet.
FIFY

Actually, some of y'all need to rewatch the intro press conference, which we can use as the blueprint for the next few years.

Ya gotta show you care, so you can't treat the kids as replaceable parts like it seems some of you want to do. You do what is in the best interest of each person, while still managing your roster.

You do what is in the best interest of each person, while still managing your roster.

So CGC specifically mentions “Roster Management” twice mentions Sabans name 3 times and then explains the “sheet” he took from Alabama that Saban uses and designed and this is the conclusion you came to?

Some of our fans are in for a rude awakening. This isn’t going to be what we have seen the last 11 years with the benevolent recruiting. CGC was brought here to win games not make friends. He specifically mentioned Defense and Special Teams which has cost us how many games the last 5 years? This is going to be the total opposite of what we are used to. Read into this how you want.

If you want to be Bama you are a garbage fan

We're Georgia Tech. We do things the right way and don't cheat. We don't oversign or have fake classes. Guys that go to Tech get a real degree

If you want to be Bama you are a garbage fan

We're Georgia Tech. We do things the right way and don't cheat. We don't oversign or have fake classes. Guys that go to Tech get a real degree

We just hired a guy that cut his teeth at three SEC programs. You realize that don’t you? He knows what it takes to recruit. That doesn’t mean he will cheat. But “Roster Management” is a code word for attrition. That isn’t cheating it is just cut throat big boy football.

We just hired a guy that cut his teeth at three SEC programs. You realize that don’t you? He knows what it takes to recruit. That doesn’t mean he will cheat. But “Roster Management” is a code word for attrition. That isn’t cheating it is just cut throat big boy football.
Roster Management in that context meant changing the numbers at each position. Does not imply getting rid of anyone. We should honor any scholarships

Hopefully Coach Collins will talk to 2020 QB recruit Tee Webb from Cartersville High School. He would be a great quarterback for his offense he will be trying to install.

So CGC specifically mentions “Roster Management” twice mentions Sabans name 3 times and then explains the “sheet” he took from Alabama that Saban uses and designed and this is the conclusion you came to?

Some of our fans are in for a rude awakening. This isn’t going to be what we have seen the last 11 years with the benevolent recruiting. CGC was brought here to win games not make friends. He specifically mentioned Defense and Special Teams which has cost us how many games the last 5 years? This is going to be the total opposite of what we are used to. Read into this how you want.
Interestingly, Saban didn't come up with "the sheet" for roster management, btw, he got it from Don James when he was at Kent State.

Will we lose any recruits who were coming here for the TO? I would think the QB's and RB's might decide to go elsewhere. We might also lose some defensive players who follow Woody, particularly if he follows Saterfield to Louisville. The positive from potential attrition would be the flexibility to pick up HS recruits and transfers attracted by Collins.

Back