Tim Byerly

If there's one thing Stingtalk is good at, it is scouting out QB's.

We're on the high wire without a net now, alright ... :turbonoes:

Here are all of Swilling's snaps in the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iPrAvPttmo

Not sure that he made all of the right reads. Didn't seem to have many reads at all actually (QB keeps, draw, rocket toss, etc.). Looked to me like he made a bad read on his first play and mishandled two snaps. Not trying to knock him but losing Tim is a big, big deal.

Losing Tim is like taking the training wheels off of the bike. He was a security blanket. It's not like we were running a 2 QB system by any means. Tim was great and it sucks to lose him, but it is not a big big deal. It's just something to deal with.

Losing Justin Thomas AND Tim Byerly is a big, big deal. But I believe our Offensive Line starters can do a better job for the QB than the 3rd stringers did for Swilling.

Also hope Swilling isn't such a ball hog when there are more potent weapons around him.

Here are all of Swilling's snaps in the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iPrAvPttmo

Not sure that he made all of the right reads. Didn't seem to have many reads at all actually (QB keeps, draw, rocket toss, etc.). Looked to me like he made a bad read on his first play and mishandled two snaps. Not trying to knock him but losing Tim is a big, big deal.

Looked to me like he was scared to death to pitch it. There were practically no reads there.

FWIW, I don't think there is any chance that Swilling would be the backup QB if Byerly is out for the season. Most likely it would be Jordan, and then Martenson (if healthy). Swilling got playing time on Thursday, because Jordan was playing AB and Martenson was injured.

Won't play Saturday, possible to return later

Jordan will be #2 per Johnson

Have seen both "knee sprain" and "torn ACL". Then there are different severities of ACL tear, right. Could be partial or complete. I don't know if it is possible to recover from any ACL tear without surgery.

Back