To HELL with the dwags: Post-game Ramblings.

Echo a lot of the sentiments here. I was on the road and listening to the Tech radio broadcast the whole game.

Any insight on what was going on with the kickoffs? It sounded like we kept intentionally kicking it short and it kept giving them decent field position. I know we have the leg for touchbacks. Just curious if there was some more info there.

Echo a lot of the sentiments here. I was on the road and listening to the Tech radio broadcast the whole game.

Any insight on what was going on with the kickoffs? It sounded like we kept intentionally kicking it short and it kept giving them decent field position. I know we have the leg for touchbacks. Just curious if there was some more info there.
Pure speculation on my part but I have to think we had some reason to think we could get a turnover on kickoffs and punts. They did drop one of our punts but it bounced out-of-bounds before we could grab it. Had to be something from film study.

We’re a long way from 45-0
Once we got the pick in the end zone, I thought we had a chance
Didn’t like our kickoffs tonight and really didn’t like the onsides kick with 3 timeouts in hand and their return guy at the 22
We had a chance - a damn good one - tonight
Been a while since I felt that way
We’ll get those bastards

Hope we see changes in defensive staff during the offseason, but worried more likely we only do the DC

Hope we see changes in defensive staff during the offseason, but worried more likely we only do the DC
I dunno maybe. He didn’t hesitate to change DC early on. Too soon to know, but Key strikes me as a guy whose gonna hold his assistants accountable

Fairly competitive game. We played UGA about as close as anyone this year or pretty much the last 3 years. We really need some DLs and LBs. Don’t know what happened to Stewart on the kickoffs (injured?), really hurt us. Good coaching overall, but several questionable decisions (going for 4th and 7 at midfield, not going for 2 after last TD, onsides kick with 4 minutes and 3 TOs). We really blew it by not snapping the ball before they reviewed the tipped ball. We were at the line ready to go, then backed off and looked to the sideline. I wanted us to go for 2 on the last TD, then if we scored again, go for 2 for the win. If we can find someone who can do for the defense what Faulkner has done for the offense, we could be good. Overall, very positive year, now recruit, recruit, recruit.

I wish on the inside kick we would have tried to pooch it over the heads of the mutts. We may have been able to land it and get to it before them. I thought they had an odd gap there.

As for the rest of the game, we played hard. We needed third down stops. We needed to not traded 3 points for 7 points. We needed to stop UGAg at least once or twice in that 3 TD stretch they had.

I think Key was upset because he can see the path to how we could have won. We just couldn't execute it.

Our obvious weakness is on the defensive side of the ball.

We need to do everything possible to hold onto Singleton. He was so close to getting a foot down for that TD. Would have been a spectacular catch.

We need to bring in a true tailback.

I think we are gonna be good at TE, but need to pick up some depth.

We had a chance. Just needed a few stops and a better 3rd quarter.

It never stops stinging losing to the inbreds but offensively we were able to move the ball on UGA's defense for the most part. Our defense as usual missed tackles and allowed UGA to pretty much have their way with us opening huge holes and keeping us from getting pressure. Our kick coverage was horrible. Key does have us poised to compete with everyone on our schedule, but it is imperative that we improve by leaps and bounds on defense next year or our offense will be put in position of having to play flawlessly to win games going forward. THWG!

Amen! As if we don't already know those inbreds take up 80% of BDS every other year. They said it more than once too. We need more tshirt fans. They aren't inferior to us alumni and we need to stop acting like they are.
The only sidewalk fan who’s inferior is @JJacket

No such thing as a moral victory but I'm proud of our young men.

Sometimes I wonder what some of our legendary coaches would say after such a game.
Heisman made the team run laps after Cumberland because he thought they played poorly.

Godamned announcers were pricks. Had to throw in the comment about the UGA fans at BDS. What a pair of cocksuckers. öööö them.
I blurted out "öööö you asshole! Just because I have to hear that öööö from every inbred retard in this state doesn't mean I have to take it from you!"

My wife thinks I'm crazy.

We need to do everything possible to hold onto Singleton. He was so close to getting a foot down for that TD. Would have been a spectacular catch.
Agree that retaining Singleton should be a high priority. Our NIL money needs to go to him. We may not be able to give as many players competitive numbers but we can afford to pay a few big.

Recruiting your own best players is a new college football reality. There are a lot of arguments for why Singleton should stay.

And öööö you to the people to our right and the folks behind us who apparently sold their ST's to mutt fans. öööö you. I don't really know or talk to any of them and now, I never will. David, who sits to my left, couldn't make it and ended up eating his tickets, so I had a few empties next to me.

The students REALLY showed up. Kudos to them. They are better than 95% of the sorry ass "fans" and alums we have. ööööing Tech assholes sitting at ööööing home because they are goddamn cucks or are too big of pussies to buy tix and show up at games.
Oh no, UGAg fans might be mean to me! öööö you. Any of you who are on this board who are pulling this "until we get better" bullshit, öööö you. All of you. I don't give a flying frog's ass what your pussy excuse is, you POS.

If you are anywhere NEAR metro Atlanta and don't have season tix, öööö you. You have the money, you cheap ass little bitch. And if you have those season tix, they DO NOT GIVE OR SELL TO THE ENEMY YOU CHEAP BASTARD.

"But JJacket, they will pay me money for my tickets and I can take my fatass cruise with my fatass wife that money". öööö off. Divorce that fat bitch and get your ass to our ballgames. Take a stripper.

Assholes.

For those of you who stuck it out and are still in that stadium ever home game, you have my utmost respect. You are what we need.

Students showed up for the team in such numbers in the upper north the portals were crushing pretty much all of the first half. Literally crushing. Security and police had to get involved. Students were climbing the side of the portal just to get into the stands. Better than our other pussy fans. I love our students. And to the one student who took a few swipes from the stands at the UGAg "fan" jawing at him as the UGAg fan came through the crushed up portal (looked like a GT student in UGAg gear), kudos to you. Get in that SOBs face.

The students absolutely showed up and did us proud.

I'm glad Budweiser is as loud as it is. Overruns that stupid "hold up your phone" lame ass öööö UGAg does. Annoyed the gaggers behind us that we overwhelmed their stupid little end of the 3rd bullshit.

This wasn't starting out a rant, believe it or not.

Any insight on what was going on with the kickoffs? It sounded like we kept intentionally kicking it short and it kept giving them decent field position. I know we have the leg for touchbacks.
Suspect we were hoping to generate a turnover by doing this. Sometimes the guys upfield of the returners ("upbacks"?) mess up when they have to return the ball. They won't pick it up or they'll fumble

I'm glad Budweiser is as loud as it is. Overruns that stupid "hold up your phone" lame ass öööö UGAg does. Annoyed the gaggers behind us that we overwhelmed their stupid little end of the 3rd bullshit.
Everyone does that. Boring, dumb

Back