UF signee wont report because UF can't come up with their NIL deal

Sad to say, but the days of amateur sports and student athletes are a thing of the past!

Graduating and getting a degree from GT, used to be something our SA's could hang their hats on,
speaking for myself, I will be sad to see the end of college football as we once knew it.

Sad to say, but the days of amateur sports and student athletes are a thing of the past!

Graduating and getting a degree from GT, used to be something our SA's could hang their hats on,
speaking for myself, I will be sad to see the end of college football as we once knew it.
Shocking! I mean who could have possibly seen this coming... except... maybe... EVERYONE!!!!!
Y’all, he really wasn’t promised 13 million. Please don’t say you believe that

That hasn't changed. Most will not be making bank playing their sport of choice when they graduate.

Y’all, he really wasn’t promised 13 million. Please don’t say you believe that
Yes, it's unlikely it was $13M. But it is likely it was some amount and that amount is likely very large. The point being that a pandoras' box is open and it's a mess. And it was obvious to anyone that didn't have their head buried somewhere it shouldn't be. Just the beginning.

Might of also been a 4 year amount, not per year.

While it might of been 4 years, it could of been 1 year, the point is that it would of not been an issue in the past. As it stands we ofn't any idea how bad this will end up. They of really made things worse with NIL. I of never been more pessimistic about where college football is headed. In the end, is NIL going to be a net positive? Have course not.

Does anyone in power care that the sport is dying? Is anyone trying to fix the problems?

I feel like things are on fire and no one is trying to put it out.
As long as those in power are getting paid, I don't think they give a öööö. It's turned in to a business where you better get yours now because tomorrow things could just as easily get blown up.

Well, it seems like the Supreme Court took the matter out of the NCAA’s hands. The government isn’t going to get involved in fixing what it broke via unintended(?) consequences, the NCAA doesn’t really have the power to regulate it, and the schools (especially the big powers) have no reason to want to fix it given that they have unlimited resources at their disposal.

Maybe mid-to-low tier schools (and their fans, when they realize they’ll never buy their way into upward mobility) will revolt and fall back to some kind of truly amateur league somehow. Maybe the whole sport goes NFL-lite with no pretense to amateurism and a lot of schools just drop out. I dunno.

JRjr

The Supreme Court didn't rule there could be no amateur football, only that the NCAA couldn't restrict benefits because it was an antitrust situation. We can have a world where amateur football and professional football coexist, and a football player has a choice of which they want to participate in–a free market.

So we need to find a legal way to re-create amateur college football. Your alternative league suggestion seems like one possible solution. Maybe there are some other solutions, like colleges subsidizing professional sports opportunities for students. But I'm unsure where the antitrust issue even is. If a college doesn't prohibit a student from playing professional football while they attend school, what exactly is the problem?

The night before NSD:
UF Troll Fan: "Uh...yeah this is Jalen? Err...I mean Jaden. Is this Jaden Rashada?"
JR: "This is Jaden"
UF Troll Fan: "Look dude, you don't want to go to Miami. I can give you 13 million reasons why you want to come to University of Florida and be a gator!"
JR: "Thirteen million? You're gonna give me 13 million to play for UF?"
UF Troll Fan: "Ab-so-lutely. Just sign with UF tomorrow and it's all yours."

Next day: Jaden Rashada signs with UF and starts looking for his money. Meanwhile, UF Troll fan:

Gameboyluke He Believed GIF - Gameboyluke He Believed I Told You - Discover  & Share GIFs
But the real kicker in the scenario above is that he wasn't promised 13 million dollars...only 13 million reasons to sign with UF Word salad at it's best baybee.

Back