UF signee wont report because UF can't come up with their NIL deal

A tipping point number of D-1 Head Coaches have to say "Enough Already", for college Presidents, fans and courts to listen. If it isn't regulated it WILL be the end of what is already cFB. When the players become official employees......it's over. It's a lot like the Country as a whole, in that when guaranteed income becomes the norm.....over/ded.

Interesting thought re: this whole story - obviously the whole NIL train has already run off the rails, but one thing people don't seem to be talking about is that if I remember correctly, per the NCAA rules schools aren't allowed to use NIL money to entice a recruit to come to that school.

The NCAA's interim NIL policy falls back on existing rules and makes it impermissible for NIL deals to be used as recruiting inducements or pay-for-play or performance-based compensation.

So yeah. Who knows where this merry-go-round stops, but I'm not sure the NCAA has any power to DO anything about pay-for-play anymore, given how they positioned themselves at the start of this whole mess.

Interesting thought re: this whole story - obviously the whole NIL train has already run off the rails, but one thing people don't seem to be talking about is that if I remember correctly, per the NCAA rules schools aren't allowed to use NIL money to entice a recruit to come to that school.

So yeah. Who knows where this merry-go-round stops, but I'm not sure the NCAA has any power to DO anything about pay-for-play anymore, given how they positioned themselves at the start of this whole mess.

Key word is SCHOOLS aren't allowed to. Fans (via collectives) are. Possibly not 'officially' entice/require a commitment, but good luck proving that in a legal setting.

The average salary of NFL QB's is a little over $6M a year. I refuse to believe some high school kid will get more than double that before taking a single snap in college.
I believe it. Factory schools have large contingents of idiots who are diehard fans and get their status from being associated with the team. They get that through donating to stuff like this. I’ve seen it first hand with South Georgia uga fans. Complete hayseeds who spent their money on season tickets and travel to games. Lived in a single wide with 4 kids and had a 15 year old Tahoe that burned more oil than gas. I öööö you not. Those are the people who put money into these collectives (assuming this was a collective that obligated itself)

You can’t incentivize s player with performance based NIL. But you can with coaches. Take $5M from the coaches, then pay the coaches $20M when they win the NC, $10M to win ACC, etc. I’d give more to that gig.

There are contracts usually, I think, between the player and whatever the NIL is being used for. Question is if you can sign one before you officially sign for the school? If not, could explain this situation. If there's no rule against it, then yeah you'll probably see pre-signing day contracts possibly, though I don't know if a contract with a 3rd party can stipulate someone has to sign with a specific school.

I would just think that if a contract is signed, as a player I don't threaten to leave the school, I grab a lawyer and make whoever pony up for cash + damages and legal fees. That's how it works in business which is why it doesn't seem one exists here.

The thing that I don't get is this - there are way more "have-nots" than there are "haves," so why do all the "have-nots" just continue to play along and let it continue to happen? Why don't the schools that can't afford to stay in the arms race with the "factories" ever blow the whistle? I know at some point they know they are probably doing shady things too and don't want to self-implicate, but forever allowing it to continue like it is, nobody will ever catch up to the teams willing to do ANYTHING to win.

lol, bro, they were always gettin paid, dude. Lol you just don’t have what it takes, man.
Bro, never said some weren't always getting paid. But it was the high rollers doing the paying. Now Joe Fan is expected to pony up for tickets, gear, AND now cash. If you can't tell the difference, I can't help you.

The thing that I don't get is this - there are way more "have-nots" than there are "haves," so why do all the "have-nots" just continue to play along and let it continue to happen? Why don't the schools that can't afford to stay in the arms race with the "factories" ever blow the whistle? I know at some point they know they are probably doing shady things too and don't want to self-implicate, but forever allowing it to continue like it is, nobody will ever catch up to the teams willing to do ANYTHING to win.
There have been bits of it with the whole tampering/portal stuff, but I would wager much of the shady stuff are things they would have difficulty proving (in a technical sense) that a different school is doing. On top of that, it's not like the NCAA as the governing body has ever shown much willingness to go against the "haves" themselves. Some of the "have-nots" probably believe if they tried, the NCAA would smack them into the dirt and leave the others unscathed.
Even then, with the recent changes, what are they blowing the whistle on anymore?

What makes college football great for me is the connection to the school. The appreciation of the student athlete. Knowing a name on a jersey is linked to that school. A certain level of pride of affiliation. And I am a sidewalk fan but father of a graduate of GT. Even the so called Walmart T shirt fans who never set for on campus still have that affiliation and if it brings them joy so be it. My point is I don’t care why you are a fan. You might just like the tactical and strategic nature of the game. Regardless of who is under the helmet. This is how I watch pro football. Win or lose I don’t really care. I usually pull for underdog. This is how I see the college game evolving. The joy and pride and affiliation with the school is fading away. So watching the college experience is mirroring why I watch pro football.

While it might of been 4 years, it could of been 1 year, the point is that it would of not been an issue in the past. As it stands we ofn't any idea how bad this will end up. They of really made things worse with NIL. I of never been more pessimistic about where college football is headed. In the end, is NIL going to be a net positive? Have course not.
day drinking is great

This is sounding like a CFB Revolution. Time to storm the HOF

Stewart Mandel and his followers don’t seem to have any more answers to this mess than Stingtalk does.

Back