Vad is gone! Transferring

Best of luck to Vad...I think he can be a great QB in a different system. Wonder if Duke will take him? He is tight with Cutcliff who can probably turn him into a badass.

Best of luck to Vad...I think he can be a great QB in a different system. Wonder if Duke will take him? He is tight with Cutcliffe who can probably turn him into a badass.

I have to say best of luck to Vad if this is true. The kid tried his best here and apparently it just wasn't a good fit. It's sad to think that this would happen but sometimes change is for the best. As for anyone calling him a traitor or such.. would you stay at a job if it was apparent that you were not going to have a chance to reach your full potential? Would you stay in a relationship if you never felt it would work out the best for you? I hope he finds success wherever he attends. Whether it be here or elsewhere.

Real football doesn't work like a öööö video game where you hit a button and all 11 guys on the field knows exactly what to do and how to do it.

You can't design an offense specifically for one RS Sophomore and expect the other 10 guys on the field to be able to do their job.

What you can do is slowly transition into it which I believe is what we were trying to do. We have run more plays out of pistol this past season than I've ever seen. But somehow, that still didn't make us win more games. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why.

Seriously, this. +1

My money is on Eastern Carolina. Joins his girlfriend.

I never understood why everyone jumped on Vad's jock from the beginning. Still don't. Kid approached Muhammad Faye type hype...and impact.

Wasn't GT the only school to offer Vad at the QB position. I believe other schools wanted him on def.

That would go over like a turd in the punch bowl. Would make ZERO sense.

Couldn't sit out a year at Southern, since they're moving up. And it looks like they may be changing offenses, since Monken is taking everybody but the band with him to West Point.

Wasn't GT the only school to offer Vad at the QB position. I believe other schools wanted him on def.

Don't know about that, but if so it may help explain any transfer to JMU. Their new HC is Everett Withers who was a D-assistant at UNC before succedding Butch Davis for one year and then onto tOSU and now to JMU.

Paul Johnson, in his never ending pursuit of shame, has now lost his best recruit during his tenure. Good luck, Vad. Good riddance, Pawl.

I never understood why everyone jumped on Vad's jock from the beginning. Still don't. Kid approached Muhammad Faye type hype...and impact.

Backup QB is always the most popular guy in town.

Kid's got some talent. He balled out against UNC last year and against USC in the Sun Bowl. Stuck up Georgia's backside for most of this year's game.

Hope he does well wherever he goes.

Hope he lands on his feet somewhere, and I hope our fanbase can refrain from showing their ass too much.

It's best for both parties, yes. But, in the end, this is on CPJ for not being willing or flexible to change his offense to fit his players' skill sets.

So you want a coach who's been running the same system for 30 years to change it for one player?

I predicted this last season. Sad day but not unexpected.

I've been waiting for this announcement since the bowl game. Obviously Vad didn't have a future at Tech. Looking ahead Thomas and Jordan and who knows who. I'd like to see a whole thread as to why Vad was/is just so great. I would say he pretty much sucked. But let's hear it. Why was he great?

Old news. He indicated that he was transferring on Twitter after the Georgia game.

Back