Vad is gone! Transferring

More transfers to come it sounds like. Some dead weight four year players.

Bowl streak ends next year. It's likely Johnson is let go as well after next year. Ted Roof...you're up.

Tweet from Joe Schad at ESPN from Lee:

RT @schadjoe: GT QB Vad Lee said he will transfer. "The triple option was never really my thing," Lee said."

I think Lee was a little disillusioned when he came here.

Old news. He indicated that he was transferring on Twitter after the Georgia game.

Oh and you're just one of the cool Tech fans? Well, guess what homoboy? I'm not buying it. I think you're one of the dwag imposters on this board and I resent your attitude. When was it old enuff news that your royal ass could share that info with the the rest of us peons? You pos! You're a ööööing doggie. Go bother somebody else.

After 12 pages, have we confirmed that he is actually leaving, or are we still going on the source that says there's a rumor that he may transfer? I've had conversations with politicians that contain fewer qualifiers than that source. edit: Nm. Bummer that he's transferring. Best of luck and thanks for the effort you gave.

I see your join date is 2012, so you haven't been around very long and probably are relatively young. You haven't seen öööö. Grow a sack.

LOL. Joined in mid 90s, graduated in 93. Been banned a few times.

I see your join date is 2012, so you haven't been around very long and probably are relatively young. You haven't seen öööö. Grow a sack.

LOL. Joined in mid 90s, graduated in 93. Been banned a few times.

Oh and you're just one of the cool Tech fans? Well, guess what homoboy? I'm not buying it. I think you're one of the dwag imposters on this board and I resent your attitude. When was it old enuff news that your royal ass could share that info with the the rest of us peons? You pos! You're a ööööing doggie. Go bother somebody else.

Whatever, I posted the tweets here where he was talking about making a big decision and people said "you're a dumbass, gtzulu, he's probably talking about what he ate for breakfast this morning". It was clear kid melodrama about transferring.

Last edited:
Good luck to Vad wherever he goes. He's a smart kid, has incredible class, and has represented Tech as well as you can in his short time in the spotlight. I'll still think of him as a GT player on down the road, he just didn't fit in the puzzle we're building on the football field right now. He's more than earned his thanks here, though, even if just for pouring it on UNC that once.

As for his backups, JT is just so öööö fast, I think it's going to be his job to lose. More than anything, though, I hope whoever takes up the reigns is a solid decision maker with nerves of steel. With Vad leaves a considerable chunk of game and practice snaps at the QB position, and those are critical to the offense. We're going to need extraordinary focus from the next man up or we will be in for an even bumpier ride.

Paul Johnson, in his never ending pursuit of shame, has now lost his best recruit during his tenure. Good luck, Vad. Good riddance, Pawl.

This....you know your program is officially in shambles when your ööööing starting QB transfers....holy öööö Paul have you ööööed up

Backup QB is always the most popular guy in town.

Kid's got some talent. He balled out against UNC last year and against USC in the Sun Bowl. Stuck up Georgia's backside for most of this year's game.

Hope he does well wherever he goes.

Tell that to FSU...

Anyway, agree it's a good decision and wish Vad well. I think he's a good guy and hope we can all at least agree on that.

I also agree that at the very least it looks terrible for the program to lose your starting QB, especially when the 2nd and 3rd options don't look particularly great either. Even with Vad's poor play this year, I didn't really hear many people calling for JT to step in. It seemed pretty clear to most that he was not ready to hold the reigns. Maybe something will surprise us next year, but I expect the bowl streak may be over.

Backup QB is always the most popular guy in town.

Kid's got some talent. He balled out against UNC last year and against USC in the Sun Bowl. Stuck up Georgia's backside for most of this year's game.

Hope he does well wherever he goes.

When talking about a QB particularly, best recruits ever and program changing guys don't have only a handful of games in their highlight reel.

Kid is/was overhyped in my opinion.

So he will either transfer down a division to play immediately or remain in FBS but sit out a year and have only one more season to play.

I don't think either of those scenarios are likely to result in the NFL. Not sure this is his best move. Get the GT degree dude. There is not much of a chance you will play at the next level no matter what you decide.

As far as how this affects GT football I'm mixed. Justin Thomas is a better runner but needs to learn patience in the pocket and go through progressions. Not that Vad was much better at either of those things. Oh well. At least Justin will get more reps.

My Lord, people.

This is the perfect excuse CPJ is looking for to run fewer plays, to pass less, and to enhance the ever popular "it is what it is."

I just think Justin Thomas is entirely too small to be a FBS QB. But who knows, Russell Wilson is about the same.

Pawl has to see the obvious. That the noose is tightening. 2014 is the end of the line. Shame Vad didn't stay to take over the new guy's offense.

Back