Vad is gone! Transferring

Join date of 2011.

He didn't know the sheer level of ineptitude that was Patrick Nix.

I graduated in 2005. I was at that ACC title game against Wake in '06. I know all about how bad that guy was.

This thread:
KIp41oE.jpg

Tweet from Joe Schad at ESPN from Lee:

RT @schadjoe: GT QB Vad Lee said he will transfer. "The triple option was never really my thing," Lee said."

I think Lee was a little disillusioned when he came here.

I saw that quote from him. I wonder what he was expecting? He knows CPJ is a TO coach, not some plain old read-option guy. If he really means that, why did he come to Tech in the first place?

I wish him well. I'm sure he'll do well wherever he lands. My money is on ECU due to his girlfriend.

I've been on the JT train since he first got on campus and I guess I get my wish. Here's to hoping I'm finally right about something in Tech football. From what I can see for next year, though, the O line issues are going to cause JT the same issues they caused Vad the Impaler.

I saw that quote from him. I wonder what he was expecting? He knows CPJ is a TO coach, not some plain old read-option guy. If he really means that, why did he come to Tech in the first place?

I wish him well. I'm sure he'll do well wherever he lands. My money is on ECU due to his girlfriend.

I've been on the JT train since he first got on campus and I guess I get my wish. Here's to hoping I'm finally right about something in Tech football. From what I can see for next year, though, the O line issues are going to cause JT the same issues they caused Vad the Impaler.

Vad the Infailer?

Vad was prob expecting that he could learn/run the option better than.he ended up running it. The way i see it, he tried and ot wasnt working out as well as it should so it became time for him to do something different that would better serve his interests.

I was hopeful he would continue to improve in 2014, but it really looks like he saw that it wasnt going to.happen either because of himself or the players around him...prob both.

I wish vad the best. Sorry to see him go, but im not upset as we have justin thomas and vad didnt look as good as people thought.

Feel bad for the kid and wish him the best. Wouldn't be surprised to see him light it up if he goes somewhere that is actually allowed to recruit good football players.

Tweet from Joe Schad at ESPN from Lee:

RT @schadjoe: GT QB Vad Lee said he will transfer. "The triple option was never really my thing," Lee said."

No öööö it wasn't. Dude looked clueless running it.

Best of luck to him though. If he decides to go the FCS route, I could see him being successful in the right offense. If he tries to stay FBS, he's either going to need to be willing to change positions or will probably be looking at trading the triple option for a clipboard.

A good question. I doubt that decision would be made now, but maybe he was told QB was an open position for next year.

i think he realized that paul johnson is a stubborn ass and he was going to look öööötier and öööötier playing in this system.

the kid wants big things, like national championship and heisman, nfl. it's not going to happen with the status quo. i'd be willing to bet that he'll succeed in his next stop. i just hope we don't end up playing against him.

we probably will, he'll want to play in one of the nc schools

Case & point: kids aren't excited about running this throwback offense. PJ needs to make some changes...or Bobinski will.

Vad's quote says a lot about his amount of talent: "The triple-option was never really my thing," he said. "I've got some Division I schools that are interested and a lot of [Football Championship Subdivision] schools."

I don't blame Vad one bit. He's tired of this offense, and so am I.

It's never a good thing when your current starting QB decides to move on. This'll be another thing used to negative recruit against us, and the better Vad does from now on, the worse we'll look.

That said, I wish him luck. The situation wasn't right for him, and he needed to move on. As do we all.

Are you out of your mind? Joe Hamilton was big? Good lord stop drinking while you're ahead.

Joe was small, but in theory, he didn't get pounded on every play like QBs in our current system do.

Every time I've seen Thomas run the ball against "big boy" teams (and I missed the Miami game this year where he got pasted), I'm holding my breath that he's going to get killed. Hopefully he can bulk up a little in the offseason so he can take the hits.

JRjr

If true, he should go to Western Kentucky. Petrino's offense would probably fit him pretty well.

I wonder what sort of promises Paul Johnson made in regards to the type of offense he was going to run. I remember a quote from Travis Custis that said "Their plans are for me to be the next Tashard Choice. They said they are going to switch around the Wing-T and use the “Pistol” formation for me. They said they didn’t have a running back like me with my type of quickness and speed. They have Redskins’ plays. They went all the way to Washington and got some plays from the Redskins … and they’re going to use me in some of the formations." Didn't we even recruit a TE last year?

I remember seeing a lot of pistol and diamond formation during the spring game, and the Diamond formation is probably the single-most reason we beat Duke this year (that, and their starting QB being out). Then PJ was upset that we couldn't run the "base offense" and tried to simplify things.

Edit: Article for Custis' quote http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/travis-custis-picks-georgia-tech/nWHHS/

öööö

öööö

It's not enough that Paul Johnson can't recruit any talented players. Now he's running off the few that we have.

Back