Vad is gone! Transferring

I don't blame Vad one bit. He's tired of this offense, and so am I.

This. He sure as hell isn't transferring due to lack of playing time? Gee, what else could it be?

I actually had hope that with a passing QB, we would open up the offense and realize its true potential. But it's no better than 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Sick of this boring offense.

Y'all better never make fun of Reggie Ball again. Besides, Reggie would have run this offense better anyway.

This. He sure as hell isn't transferring due to lack of playing time? Gee, what else could it be?

I actually had hope that with a passing QB, we would open up the offense and realize its true potential. But it's no better than 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Sick of this boring offense.

Transferring due to anticipated lack of playing time?:dunno:

we probably will, he'll want to play in one of the nc schools

ACC transfer rules make that pretty tough unless he pays his way for a year. I could see Cutcliffe arranging a shambolic "academic" scholarship at Duke, but I think a year in FCS and then a year at some place like ECU seems the most likely.

Also, this.

Dear mouthbreathers,

Do not go the route of fanbases like ugag and others by trashing this kid, if the reports are true. He was one of ours, played for, and represented the institute.

Completely agree! A clear indication that Johnson can't evaluate skill players in high school then he is unable to coach them up in college. Also too öööö stubborn to change the system to fit the athlete's skill. Johnson needs to fall on the sword!

II remember seeing a lot of pistol and diamond formation during the spring game, and the Diamond formation is probably the single-most reason we beat Duke this year (that, and their starting QB being out). Then PJ was upset that we couldn't run the "base offense" and tried to simplify things.
You're right. This is exactly what happened. Paul Johnson knowingly sabotaged his own offense because it wasn't run out of the flexbone formation.

--

Anyone else not surprised that Vad called it the triple option, when we rarely ran any veers? He's right though, it wasn't his thing. He never picked it up. Maybe throwing prayers off his back foot is more of his thing.

Anybody blaming Vad for transferring is completely off base.

He was lied to during his recruitment by being promised that the offense would be changed to fit his talents. When that didn't happen, he left.

Don't blame the kid, blame the coach.

This is bad. Vad could throw a öööö good pass. Offense didn't fit his system. Should have gone more multiple with an arm like that. Instead? ROCKET TOSS!!!

I don't think I can recall a starting quarterback from a power conference transferring after his sophomore season. Makes CPJ look like S.H.I.T.

BINGO! Johnson should follow him!

He was lied to during his recruitment by being promised that the offense would be changed to fit his talents. When that didn't happen, he left.

Perhaps there were conditions set by CPJ before he made wholesale changes that were not met by Vad. There's a reason why the players liked JT more than Vad.

The good news is that next year we will see for certain whether Vad is top shelf college quarterback talent being held back by CPJ, or if Vad is a mediocre QB being held back by his own inability to read a defense. It won't be a guessing game this time next year.

This....

What style do suggest would fit Vad? Pro style ala UGA....nope. Read option ala Oregon....nope! Run first option ala Auburn.....nope! The kid was high school fast and ran a lot on broken plays. He doesn't like contact and he ain't no Andrew Luck so enlighten me!

So explain what Johnson saw in Lee? and why did he sign him?

Thought he could teach him to run the TO; but he couldn't?

So he lies to Vad Lee, tells him he is gonna change the offense to suit his strengths, gets the commitment, then:

Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif

If that is the case CPJ is a douche

Well, at least we can all finally agree with 100% certainty that next season is the make-or-break year with Paul. There are zero reasons to keep him around if the train jumps the tracks early.

You know this how? It's amazing how much is suddenly "known" about the situation once the golden child packs his bags.

Once again! why in the hell did Johnson sign him!!!!

I'd say only CPJ can answer that, but I suspect it is as posted previously - CPJ thought Vad could learn and execute the offense.

And we seem to sign a fair number of HS QBs but that is generally where the best athletes are on a HS team.

Just hoping we don't need a whole lot of QB depth next year. Despite what Joe Schad reported, would like to know if all the fan angst got to VL and helped his decision. There's been a lot of cannibalization on this board.

Back