Vad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is fire to this, but a decision has not been made.

What makes me more mad is that hobag dede is friends talks to him on Facebook. How the administration doesn't notice this and shut her down, I don't understand.

Somebody just shoot me now. Lose to the dawgs 10 or 11 and now the Savior VL is possibly leaving. And our basketball team sux. I need to reassess my priorities. :)

How come all the idiots seem to live in Lawrenceville? :cool:

There is fire to this, but a decision has not been made.

Then let's hope he gets his mind right.

If you all will recall, I was concerned about this very thing back during recruitment. Some excerpts from the "Vad wants to look around a bit, via twitter" thread:

Good lord.

Would I be out of line to point out the definition of narcissism?

Vad needs to settle down with this (twitter) stuff. It's not healthy for him.
This isn't really a Vad Lee problem. Some kids will literally chronicle their every move on social networking sites. At least he actually has some people who are interested in what he has to say.

A girl I went to high school with and am friends with on facebook updated her status to let everyone know that someone removed her as a friend: "So I just found out someone deleted my off their facebook and I guess they want me to care but frankly my dear I don't give a ----!"
Well sure. Here's the question: Would you want her as your quarterback?

I'm not saying anything. I'm just inferring that quite a bit of the luster has worn off of Vad Lee in my eyes, from his Twitterscapades. At some point, Vad is going to need to learn that great leaders do not seek attention with their words, they acquire attention through their actions.

I believe Vad can learn this lesson. I believe Georgia Tech will be a great place to learn this lesson. I believe Vad is a strong enough person with good enough character to learn this lesson, and as soon as he learns it he will be invaluable to our football team. But if he doesn't learn this lesson within the next two years, I bet the guy transfers. And I really don't want to sit around all of 2011 listening to twitter updates about how frustrated he is running the scout team his freshman year.
...after which time all of Stingtalk aligned to call me an asshole, that I knew nothing about teenagers, etc etc.

NOW,

Do I think Vad can develop the strength of character to lead GT to greatness? Sure I do. Am I rooting for him to stay and develop that strength of character? Absolutely I am. But this drama erupting today is really no different than the drama that erupted weekly during recruiting season last year, which implies that lesson may still be lingering.

If Vad leaves, I will be absolutely disappointed that he didn't learn that lesson. I will also be somewhat ambivalent, because if he's the type of person who'd quit, then he probably wouldn't have made a good QB anyway, and he will have saved us all additional heartache down the line.

I hope he stays. I hope he gets his mind right. Especially if he's bummed about grades and girls and the shaft. Especially girls. I've got the distinct impression this whole time that his high school sweetie is yanking his chain. I've been through that song and dance before, and watched other Tech freshmen go through the same song and dance, and dude needs to either get over it, or the sweetie needs to transfer to Clarke Atlanta.

Or I could be full of ----.

Then let's hope he gets his mind right.

If you all will recall, I was concerned about this very thing back during recruitment. Some excerpts from the "Vad wants to look around a bit, via twitter" thread:

...after which time all of Stingtalk aligned to call me an asshole, that I knew nothing about teenagers, etc etc.

NOW,

Do I think Vad can develop the strength of character to lead GT to greatness? Sure I do. Am I rooting for him to stay and develop that strength of character? Absolutely I am. But this drama erupting today is really no different than the drama that erupted weekly during recruiting season last year, which implies that lesson may still be lingering.

If Vad leaves, I will be absolutely disappointed that he didn't learn that lesson. I will also be somewhat ambivalent, because if he's the type of person who'd quit, then he probably wouldn't have made a good QB anyway, and he will have saved us all additional heartache down the line.

I hope he stays. I hope he gets his mind right. Especially if he's bummed about grades and girls and the shaft. Especially girls. I've got the distinct impression this whole time that his high school sweetie is yanking his chain. I've been through that song and dance before, and watched other Tech freshmen go through the same song and dance, and dude needs to either get over it, or the sweetie needs to transfer to Clarke Atlanta.

Or I could be full of ----.

Bourbon?

beej, I actually agreed with much of what you said. I also said there's a bus load of failed 3 and 4 star quarterbacks at GT and that I'd believe the hype when I saw it.

Why can't like Calvin Johnson come talk to him? Or uh ... Keith Brooking or something.

Would be another let down to have a decent to good QB never hit the field for us. Renfree and Threet never made it, and either probably would have been a lot better than our recent QB play if we didn't run the option.

I want to be full of bourbon. Any interest in putting together a bourbon tasting for stingtalkers?

Not to sound like a stalker, but Vad deleted his twitter. Not sure if that was already said in the other thread, but doesn't look like a good sign.

I'm guessing he transfers to ECU then he and his gf break up before we ever even get to next fall. Then he'll be back on twitter wondering aloud what he's done.

I think Vad has pulled off another epic troll.

I hear Vad killed a man just to see him die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back