What are folks thinking about Paul Johnson these days?

I'm doubting Clemson and Miami. Clemson's record against us has got to kill them. Miami has had our number, but they have performed poorly in conference. So I am sure there are a lot of loses to above average teams.

7-6 against top 25 ranked teams and 2-2 against top 10. :biggthumpup:

GetSoupy you are just ignoring the above stat. Pretty sure you are that Blazer troll. Either that or VSU students are natural trolls, along with being stupid.

Despite his record against above .500 teams. Stats or no stats, if you don't think CPJ is man for the job, who is then?

Well, since my daughter, who incidentally starts her official first GT class tomorrow, said that she was outside one of the sorority houses during rush on Thursday and PJ walked by her on his way back from practice and smiled at her (imagine that- PJ smiling), I'm giving him a slight thumbs up.

A big toothy wiggly eyebrows smile?

For the sake of argument, I'll assume those numbers are correct.

Of course you realize that's fairly typical for a coach at a new program, right? Even a great coach.

But let's say he'd gone 18-10 against those teams. I.e. won 5 that he lost.

He'd have a 39-14 record, which would place him right around the top 10 in the last 4 years and pretty much first among coaches who got to their program in 2007 or later. As it stands, he's at 30th, and about 3rd among coaches who arrived at bcs programs in 2007 or later (pelini and harbaugh are above him).

Are you telling me that GTech fans should only be satisfied with a coach if the jackets have the #1 new coach in terms of results and a top 10 winningest program in his first 4 years? Is that realistic?

He's ignoring this one, too.

Could get ugly for him here.

GetSoupy you are just ignoring the above stat. Pretty sure you are that Blazer troll. Either that or VSU students are natural trolls, along with being stupid.

Isn't it funny how he's never ever disagreed with being called that?

this is a stat 13-15 against teams .500 or better.

where are yours?

if the whole debate is about coaching hot seats why would it matter to me about crappy teams WHO ARE ALSO FINDING COACHES. in fact that just validates the argument.

also, you've failed to realize i've said many times, i think he should get a minimum of 2-3 more years to improve these stats. but to be pleased with the progress is just a little blind.

i'm done posting in here but if you think i'm in the minoority you're also wrong. if not explain $100 season tickets and 1/3rd sold stadiums.

OF course you're done.

But, as has been pointed out... by your definition, just about every coach outside of the conference and national championship winners should be on the hot seat.

Does that make sense to you?

By the way, Southern Cal just dropped their prices on tickets to the season opener. Fan participation is hardly a guage of program strength.

vs. Hawaii.

and it is. give me one example where it isn't.

for the record USC season tickets are sold out and tickets to that Hawaii game are $65.

At 1-5 vs retarts, his seat would warm up.

You can bring in Saban and you won't beat UGA on a regular basis. Yeah, I know...you guys don't want to hear it. But as long as we can't recruit the same guys they can recruit, we won't beat them more than once every blue moon.

this is a stat 13-15 against teams .500 or better.

where are yours?

if the whole debate is about coaching hot seats why would it matter to me about crappy teams WHO ARE ALSO FINDING COACHES. in fact that just validates the argument.

also, you've failed to realize i've said many times, i think he should get a minimum of 2-3 more years to improve these stats. but to be pleased with the progress is just a little blind.

i'm done posting in here because im not trying to argue with anyone-simply posting some stats. but if you think i'm in the minority you're also wrong. if not explain $100 season tickets and 1/3rd sold stadiums.

Oh I dunno, how's about 7 years of just barely having a winning record, scoring just a field goal in an ACCCG on WAKE, and almost giving up the all time streak to your rival? Oh and an AD that says things like "Tech will always be mediocre". That's sure to excite the fans and sell tickets! CPJ just ruined all that momentum with his streak preserving win over our rival and scoring 13 times as many points in the ACCCG as Gailey ever did. Don't give me crap about Gailey's players either, Calvin Freaking Johnson played in Chan's ACCCG.

Chan and Braine had us on a slide, and just holding our ground is progress at this point. It won't be progress forever, obviously, but I, for one, am thrilled with the work CPJ has done so far. If we see an exciting dynamic offense and a 9 or 10 win season this year, I'll remain that way. If we beat Georgia I'll be even more enthused. I know you're partly trolling this thread, but I'll say this anyway, it takes more than four years to build a program.

in the coastal?

without looking i'd almost wager
Miami
VT
and
Clemson (even though they aren't coastal they are our natual rival)

Like I said though. It matters NOTHING to me how other teams do vs. who they play, it's about us and 13-15 vs. .500 teams isn't very good. What it says is you do well vs Duke, your cupcakes,Wake, and Maryland.

but then again everyone in the conference that is worse than us has been in the hiring market except for wake. so your argument isn't valid.

I just looked at your first name, Miami, and you would have gotten fleeced on that bet.

Total: 12-18

2-5
5-4
3-5
2-4

And they lost to a bunch of 4 or less win teams.

You not knowing even the basics about the ACC really lends credence to the charge that you are a mutt.

Oh I dunno, how's about 7 years of just barely having a winning record, scoring just a field goal in an ACCCG on WAKE, and almost giving up the all time streak to your rival? Oh and an AD that says things like "Tech will always be mediocre". That's sure to excite the fans and sell tickets! CPJ just ruined all that momentum with his streak preserving win over our rival and scoring 13 times as many points in the ACCCG as Gailey ever did. Don't give me crap about Gailey's players either, Calvin Freaking Johnson played in Chan's ACCCG.

Chan and Braine had us on a slide, and just holding our ground is progress at this point. It won't be progress forever, obviously, but I, for one, am thrilled with the work CPJ has done so far. If we see an exciting dynamic offense and a 9 or 10 win season this year, I'll remain that way. If we beat Georgia I'll be even more enthused. I know you're partly trolling this thread, but I'll say this anyway, it takes more than four years to build a program.

no trolling at all my friend.
i dont wanna see the guy go anywhere.
he can win here and he will.

Naturally I am not as high on him as when we first hired him or after those first two seasons, but I still think he is best option for GT all things considered. I don't have his seat being even warm.

^this^

The only game we were decisively beaten by Georgia under CPJ was 2011. We'll get out fair share under him.

Back