What are folks thinking about Paul Johnson these days?

A few thoughts

CPJ achieved MORE in his first 2 years than Gailey ever did in 7 years.
1. Beat UGAG
2. Ended the Charlottesville curse
3. Went to the Peach Bowl
4. Won the ACC-CG (I was there in Tampa. It REALLY happened)
5. Went to the Orange Bowl(BCS)

All that in just 2 years.

2010 results had more to do with losing Nesbitt than anything.

All the pieces are now beginning to fall into place very well.

So, anyone even questioning CPJ's status at GT should seriously STHU !!!!

Lastly, GetSoupy sounds just like a UGAG troll.

It is interesting that you point to the first two years and then say things are starting to fall into place. So far, CPJ has shown he can win with Chan's players. The last two years have not shown that he can sustain the level he achieved the first two. IF we lose the Bowl, UGA, and only win 6 or 7 games this year, the seat will start to get warm.

A few thoughts

CPJ achieved MORE in his first 2 years than Gailey ever did in 7 years.
1. Beat UGAG
2. Ended the Charlottesville curse
3. Went to the Peach Bowl
4. Won the ACC-CG (I was there in Tampa. It REALLY happened)
5. Went to the Orange Bowl(BCS)

All that in just 2 years.

2010 results had more to do with losing Nesbitt than anything.

All the pieces are now beginning to fall into place very well.

So, anyone even questioning CPJ's status at GT should seriously STHU !!!!

Lastly, GetSoupy sounds just like a UGAG troll.

I wouldn't get too carried away with that. Gailey did have good accomplishments. For example:

1) Beat Auburn twice
2) Beat Notre Dame (sure a down year for them but if you're counting getting blown out in the Peach Bowl as a significant accomplishment then this should count too)
3) Never finished under .500
4) Signed the best player ever to play for Georgia Tech and maybe the best WR in the history of college football
5) Ended #3 Miami's national championship bid in Miami

This isn't to say that CPJ's tenure hasn't been of better quality than Gailey's but to say that he did more in two years than Gailey did in seven is inaccurate, in my opinion.

You all can come to the stingtalk tailgates and meet him.

That's the problem with the meet and greet circle jerks. You get some dick hole bringing his dumb ass buddy, and next thing he is on here, acting like he knows everybody and is part of some sting talk buddy group.

Hey wow, you guys met in person, sweet you must be really awesome and knowledgeable. I love meeting people from the interwebs.

New flash, most of the posters on here suck, they are just better than the d bags on the other sites.

That's the problem with the meet and greet circle jerks. You get some dick hole bringing his dumb ass buddy, and next thing he is on here, acting like he knows everybody and is part of some sting talk buddy group.

Hey wow, you guys met in person, sweet you must be really awesome and knowledgeable. I love meeting people from the interwebs.

New flash, most of the posters on here suck, they are just better than the d bags on the other sites.

:bigcry:

No offense.

no dumbass we all met him on here

That's the problem with some of you, you think you know everything.

Stick to the point, he is not a uga troll, that's your paranoia.

PJ is 14-14 vs Winning FBS teams at GT. Only VT (Beamer) has a better record against Winning FBS teams amongst ACC teams over the same period. Ugag is 10-18....

Winning post.

no dumbass we all met him on here

That's the problem with some of you, you think you know everything.

Stick to the point, he is not a uga troll, that's your paranoia.

I know that I never called him a uga troll. I still think he may be GTBlazer, but that's all I said. I thought you were good at remembering who said what?

And it's cute how everyone that knows him is coming to his defense in a thread where he doesn't even know what he is arguing anymore.

I wouldn't get too carried away with that. Gailey did have good accomplishments. For example:

1) Beat Auburn twice
2) Beat Notre Dame (sure a down year for them but if you're counting getting blown out in the Peach Bowl as a significant accomplishment then this should count too)
3) Never finished under .500
4) Signed the best player ever to play for Georgia Tech and maybe the best WR in the history of college football
5) Ended #3 Miami's national championship bid in Miami

This isn't to say that CPJ's tenure hasn't been of better quality than Gailey's but to say that he did more in two years than Gailey did in seven is inaccurate, in my opinion.

CPJ beat ND in 2007 as well.

Gailey beat Auburn mainly because of we had a VERY good defense.

It was a HUGE accomplish to get GT to the Peach Bowl and the Orange Bowl, despite the losses.

Under CPJ, GT beat a AP Top 5 team (VPISU) in his second year. Something that had not happened since 1962.

I'm sure that Gailey's "impressive" results were why he got the ax.

I know that I never called him a uga troll. I still think he may be GTBlazer, but that's all I said. I thought you were good at remembering who said what?

And it's cute how everyone that knows him is coming to his defense in a thread where he doesn't even know what he is arguing anymore.
you replied to a post where my only point was he is not a uga troll answering to a post in which it was claimed he is a troll. Get some reading comprehension.

I agree with his general premise and some of his stats.

I am also not defending him, trying to give everyone else a dose of reality so that it can help with your paranoia.

He is GTBlazer.

I never said Gailey didn't deserve to get fired or was better than CPJ. But some people act like he never did anything of note here and that's not true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I am also not defending him, trying to give everyone else a dose of reality so that it can help with your paranoia.

im not arguing. the thread is what are folks thinking. i said what i'm thinking. you're allowed to think whatever. i just defended my thoughts on the situation after getting jumped on.

I never said Gailey didn't deserve to get fired or was better than CPJ. But some people act like he never did anything of note here and that's not true.

No you were arguing that CPJ didn't achieve more in his first 2 years than Gailey did in 7 years.

And CPJ has CLEARLY achieved FAR MORE in his first 2 years than Gailey EVER did in 7 LONG years.

Gailey couldnt carry CPJ's jock.

No you were arguing that CPJ didn't achieve more in his first 2 years than Gailey did in 7 years.

And CPJ has CLEARLY achieved FAR MORE in his first 2 years than Gailey EVER did in 7 LONG years.

Gailey couldnt carry CPJ's jock.

Well I disagree with that, and think to say he did "far more" is absurd.

Back