What are folks thinking about Paul Johnson these days?

I never said Gailey didn't deserve to get fired or was better than CPJ. But some people act like he never did anything of note here and that's not true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
In two years we'll have CPJ's six year totals to compare. Chan was 44-32 so if Johnson goes 8-5 twice he'd be at 50-29. Six wins better over six seasons, playing more games. Five wins if you vacate the ACCCG which I don't. At double the salary. Hypothetically it could breakdown to about a premium of $1,000,000 to win one more game on average per year. Would we fire CPJ and find a #3 million dollar man to gain one more victory over what we are getting now?

per win cpj is already the highest paid in the acc.

that may not be factual. :) as are most of my stats.

---
edit

#16 in cost per win from last year. 383,000$ per win.

UVA, UGA, Duke, Wake were worse.

Well ------- why didn't someone say so. I will just ignore his ass like I did his last name.

Cyp your quote directly calls out me for uga paranoia.

Again the defense by the tailgate crew is hilarious.
fine, I was wrong about that part, consider yourself removed from the uga troll paranoia part which still applies to several others in thread.

You do still have paranoia with your tailgate defense crap. I disagree with gtblazer all the time. I agree with his general premise here and some others do as well, that's the reason for the posts.

Let's see you accept how you were wrong with that and thinking he is someone's friend who joined here.

In two years we'll have CPJ's six year totals to compare. Chan was 44-32 so if Johnson goes 8-5 twice he'd be at 50-29. Six wins better over six seasons, playing more games. Five wins if you vacate the ACCCG which I don't. At double the salary. Hypothetically it could breakdown to about a premium of $1,000,000 to win one more game on average per year. Would we fire CPJ and find a #3 million dollar man to gain one more victory over what we are getting now?
If that 1 more win a year means all home games are sold out and AA donations go up, then yes.

Since this will be Year 4 for CPJ, lets just compare how Gailey & CPJ stack up, so far:

2002: 7-6
2003: 7-6
2004: 7-6
2005: 7-6

CPJ:
2008: 9-5 (including a win over UGAG that Gailey never achieved)
2009: 10-3 (including winning ACC-CG, which Gailey never achieved)
2010: 6-7 (including losing Nesbitt in game 9)
2011: 8-5 (including 6-0 start, which I alone on this board correctly predicted a 5-0 start)

Show me a Gailey win over UGAG.
Show me a Gailey win in Charlottesville
Show me a Gailey win in ACC-CG.
Show mema Gailey win over a Top 5 team at BDS

And, of course, we all know Gailey's success
was ONLY because he had O'Leary players. /sarc

It's not even close. CPJ has ALREADY achieved more in just his first 2 years
than Gailry everbachieved in his 7 years.

Well I disagree with that, and think to say he did "far more" is absurd.
No it's not.

In his first two years CPJ won an ACC Championship, beat Georgia, and went to a Peach Bowl and a BCS Bowl. Gailey never did any of that in 7 seasons. CPJ clearly accomplished more in his first two years than Gailey accomplished in 7. It's really not close.

Now years 3 and 4 have been a little rough, but not significantly different than what we had under Gailey.

08: CPJ >> Gailey
09: CPJ >> Gailey
10: CPJ < Gailey
11: CPJ = Gailey

12: ?

If we get four more years averaging out pretty much like the last four, I'll be a happy camper, and so should anyone else who's not a complete douchebag.

No it's not.

In his first two years CPJ won an ACC Championship, beat Georgia, and went to a Peach Bowl and a BCS Bowl. Gailey never did any of that in 7 seasons. CPJ clearly accomplished more in his first two years than Gailey accomplished in 7. It's really not close.

Now years 3 and 4 have been a little rough, but not significantly different than what we had under Gailey.

08: CPJ >> Gailey
09: CPJ >> Gailey
10: CPJ < Gailey
11: CPJ = Gailey

12: ?

If we get four more years averaging out pretty much like the last four, I'll be a happy camper, and so should anyone else who's not a complete douchebag.

Like is said to start with...ANYONE even questioning CPJ's status at GT needs to seriously STHU. !!!!!!!!!

fine, I was wrong about that part, consider yourself removed from the uga troll paranoia part which still applies to several others in thread.

You do still have paranoia with your tailgate defense crap. I disagree with gtblazer all the time. I agree with his general premise here and some others do as well, that's the reason for the posts.

Let's see you accept how you were wrong with that and thinking he is someone's friend who joined here.

I was somewhat joking with the tailgate paranoia, just being an ass.

Glad you confirmed he is GTBLazer

I was wrong about him being a friend at the tailgate

Football needs to start.

obviously people are forgetting the situation that the 2 walked into.

that being said i still take cpj

that being said why are we comparing him to the past?

I did? Where?

Here? I think

CPJ is the best thing since Ross who was the best thing since Dodd.

CPJ isn't holding Tech back, Tech is holding CPJ back. He could do a lot better somewhere else - I just hope he doesn't decide to try.

+1.

I firmly believe this as well. In our favor is the fact that most programs are afraid to try his offense. That's why he sat at GSU & Navy for soooo long, despite the success. I think if he got a gig like USC, OSU, UT or Bama he'd win MNCs like he did in Statesboro.

+1.

I firmly believe this as well. In our favor is the fact that most programs are afraid to try his offense. That's why he sat at GSU & Navy for soooo long, despite the success. I think if he got a gig like USC, OSU, UT or Bama he'd win MNCs like he did in Statesboro.

i think it would have been a good idea for penn state to make a solid run at him.

Back