What are folks thinking about Paul Johnson these days?

in the coastal?

without looking i'd almost wager
Miami
VT
and
Clemson (even though they aren't coastal they are our natual rival)

Like I said though. It matters NOTHING to me how other teams do vs. who they play, it's about us and 13-15 vs. .500 teams isn't very good. What it says is you do well vs Duke, your cupcakes,Wake, and Maryland.

but then again everyone in the conference that is worse than us has been in the hiring market except for wake. so your argument isn't valid.

Wrong on Clemson, too.

Total: 13-21

2-6
4-4
2-7
5-4

Should I bother looking up VT?

Now I'm starting to wonder where PJ and GTech fall among all teams in terms of wins against .500+ teams... maybe a lot better than you think?

if you use others as a measuring tape for yourself then i feel really bad for you.

PJ is 14-14 vs Winning FBS teams at GT. Only VT (Beamer) has a better record against Winning FBS teams amongst ACC teams over the same period. Ugag is 10-18....

GetSoupy, throwing out hate week posts, I have never seen the posters of StingTalk so incredibly unified and in agreement on one thing like they are on disagreeing with your ideas, both in this thread and others.

if you use others as a measuring tape for yourself then i feel really bad for you.

in 2011 clemson played 9 teams over .500? nice
p.s.-clemsons SOS murders ours.

"ours"?

It's called "gaining perspective" and you should try it some time.

Here's a stand alone stat you've ignored:

7-6 against top 25 ranked teams and 2-2 against top 10.

p.s. Clemson played 34 .500 or better teams in the time GTech played 28. I'd hardly say that SOS "murders ours."

GetSoupy, throwing out hate week posts, I have never seen the posters of StingTalk so incredibly unified and in agreement on one thing like they are on disagreeing with your ideas, both in this thread and others.

the sky is blue!!

lets see the arguments.

PJ is 14-14 vs Winning FBS teams at GT. Only VT (Beamer) has a better record against Winning FBS teams amongst ACC teams over the same period. Ugag is 10-18....

I knew I shouldn't have taken soupy's word for it on the stats...

thier OOC is usually stronger. they played bama and other stronger teams.

i haven't ignored the wins vs. top 10 and 25 vs. VT, Clemson. UGA. I gave him props earlier. read fella.

I knew I shouldn't have taken soupy's word for it on the stats...

pretty sure i told you not to.

i love how you guys argue about how we are supposed to be mediocre. then try to find EVERY stat possible about how we are better than mediocre.

and as for perspective i imagine you're saying I can't say we because i didn't go there? thats fine. i didn't. i've been a tech fan since i was 5 and have poured so much of my money into tickets and gear Ill say WE and Ours if I want.

you're more than welcome to reply and quote me but i'm done with this tired thread. its laughable. this is fact though-if this thread was created a year ago there was like 5 people unhappy-now it's much more. so trend that.

FBS teams with what qualification? That's only 7 teams per year.

thier OOC is usually stronger. they played bama and other stronger teams.

Wrong.

I could list a comparison explaining why you are, but is there a point?

i haven't ignored the wins vs. top 10 and 25 vs. VT, Clemson. UGA. I gave him props earlier. read fella.

No you didn't.

and as for perspective i imagine you're saying I can't say we because i didn't go there? thats fine. i didn't. i've been a tech fan since i was 5 and have poured so much of my money into tickets and gear Ill say WE and Ours if I want.

Perhaps you should have invested that time and money into understanding the game and your program, rather than just the gear.

i love how you guys argue about how we are supposed to be mediocre. then try to find EVERY stat possible about how we are better than mediocre.

To the first paragraph, that's sort of the point. After really mismanaging football for much of the last decade, and then making some major changes to the schemes on both sides of the ball, we really shouldn't have done as well as we did. Most football programs in that kind of transition don't. It's not a "hey, that's a great thing!" argument, it's more of a "listen, it's not THAT bad" argument.

To the second paragraph, I agree. A fan is a fan, and the football team is for the fans, not just the students. I imagine there are those who feel like you shouldn't say we or our unless you have a degree, and maybe some that feel you shouldn't say it unless you played. Those people are retarts.

My comment had nothing to do with whether or not you went to school at Georgia Tech.

I didn't go to school at Georgia Tech.

It was completely related to your argument that: 13-15 [sic] against .500+ teams is bad.

When placed in perspective against other coaches, it appears not that bad at all.

A few thoughts

CPJ achieved MORE in his first 2 years than Gailey ever did in 7 years.
1. Beat UGAG
2. Ended the Charlottesville curse
3. Went to the Peach Bowl
4. Won the ACC-CG (I was there in Tampa. It REALLY happened)
5. Went to the Orange Bowl(BCS)

All that in just 2 years.

2010 results had more to do with losing Nesbitt than anything.

All the pieces are now beginning to fall into place very well.

So, anyone even questioning CPJ's status at GT should seriously STHU !!!!

Lastly, GetSoupy sounds just like a UGAG troll.

Y'all should learn to disagree respectfully, it'll help you in life.

Back