What are folks thinking about Paul Johnson these days?

The point was that the two outliers make that statistic meaningless. The fact that we didn't score 30 in 5 of the last 7 games is much more important.

And were only held under 20 in two games, a game against Miami which was the third in 12 days and against Georgia.

Gailey's best offensive season was 2006 [349 points (24.9 ppg)]. That season, GT was held under 2 TDs 5 times and scored 87 against Duke and Samford.

So, the point is, if you take out the high and low score games in each season, you can see that PJ's offense has been much consistent than Gailey's.

And to argue otherwise is just foolish.

Lol. It was hard for you to find anyone to make that bet because everyone thought we would go 5 and 0 vs those cuppy cakes.

At the time, only gsu_paintballer was willing to wager $50 on a 5-0 start.

I never said we'd go 6-7 or 7-6, but it is within the realm of possibilities

THAT ^^^^^ is CRAZY talk.

No way in H*** a 7-6 or 6-7 season is...
"within the realm of possibilities."

You serious? You need to take your solid gold glasses. Of course they are "within the realm of possibility." If you really don't think so, head to Vegas because you've got some risk-free money coming your way since our O/U on the season is only 8.

You serious? You need to take your solid gold glasses. Of course they are "within the realm of possibility." If you really don't think so, head to Vegas because you've got some risk-free money coming your way since our O/U on the season is only 8.

This thread is getting tiresome, and most are surely tired of my posts in this thread.

I will say this as my last post in this thread and be done with it:

We are going to CURB-STOMP VPISU.

And when we do, EVERYONE'S attitude and expectations about this season and CPJ are going to change...sharply & quickly.

:biggthumpup:

This thread is getting tiresome, and most are surely tired of my posts in this thread.

I will say this as my last post in this thread and be done with it:

We are going to CURB-STOMP VPISU.

And when we do, EVERYONE'S attitude and expectations about this season and CPJ are going to change...sharply & quickly.

:biggthumpup:

Nah. People will find something to complain about. We're Tech fans. It's how we do.

I believe CPJ gives us the best chance to grow Tech into a national contender. With the academic limitations in place I think the best way for success is a successful coach that will stick with us a while. He does want to win a National Championship so maybe I am wrong but I think he will coach at Tech until he retires. He does need another COFH win.
The only recruiting issues I see with him is that he didn't hit on a stud QB early. When that 07 class signed we knew they were special but there was a concern at the time about who was going to block for the playmakers. Having Nesbitt or Renfree run Chans O behind the linemen left might have been suicide. CPJ has not completed the Oline project but it sure looks like things are looking up there. Now Vad or Justin Thomas will need to pan out. If one does CPJ will be just fine.

I was endlessly mocked for even daring to predict VPISU was going to crap their own bad vs. Clemson
last year. I was also the ONLY one on this board to correctly predict we would start 5-0 last year. That included my prediction that we would drub NCSU,
after most on this board EXPECTED us to get killed by NCSU after the 2010 NCSU game.

By chance, did you used to post under the name "20 oz. Bulldog" in a galaxy far, far away?

He does want to win a National Championship so maybe I am wrong but I think he will coach at Tech until he retires.

From the foreword that he wrote in the Georgia Tech Football Vault book that was released just after his hire in December '07:

"...As a coach, I can truly appreciate how Bobby Ross not only revived the program in the late 1980's, but won Georgia Tech's fourth national championship. That era, and all of Tech's football history can be found in the pages of this book. I want to add to that rich history. I think we can. Let me reiterate what I said upon arriving on The Flats. I hope this is my last job. I intend to make it my best job, too"

From the foreword that he wrote in the Georgia Tech Football Vault book that was released just after his hire in December '07:

"...As a coach, I can truly appreciate how Bobby Ross not only revived the program in the late 1980's, but won Georgia Tech's fourth national championship. That era, and all of Tech's football history can be found in the pages of this book. I want to add to that rich history. I think we can. Let me reiterate what I said upon arriving on The Flats. I hope this is my last job. I intend to make it my best job, too"

That's what every coach says when taking a new job. Do you think O'Leary said that he would only leave if Notre Dame came calling? Or Bill Lewis said "I intend to screw up the football program." Or Bobby Ross said "I will stay until the NFL hires me."

That's what every coach says when taking a new job. Do you think O'Leary said that he would only leave if Notre Dame came calling? Or Bill Lewis said "I intend to screw up the football program." Or Bobby Ross said "I will stay until the NFL hires me."

Show me where they said that they wouldn't. Yeah, I get the whole new coach love. But given the proximity of GT to where he is from as well as all his connections from his years at Southern, I truly don't think he wants to go anywhere else. Some coaches do intend to do such things if it is within their power. I happen to believe him.

Oleary had an "except for Notre Dame" subclause in his contract buyout clause.

I think it's backlash from people who spent 6 or 7 years listening to the same retarts being critical of Gailey now being critical of Johnson, using Gailey as a source of comparison in those critiques.

Basically, people are calling bull on comparisons to a coach no one could freakin' stand.

Like Oldfoggy?

Back