Who is your favorite GT player ever and why?

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Laskey also gets credit for this:

technically, Butker, Laskey, and DJ White get credit for that.

I've never thought about it much and am having a hard time reducing to a favorite. Godsey was QB my freshman year and went up to Athens and beat the Dwags for 3IAR. Definitely my favorite game from my time as a student.

chilidogking

Damn Good Rat
I gotta go with Joe Hamilton. It was amazing watching him play, and you gotta love someone who beat the doggies twice.

Honorable mention to Peter Pund.
Mine will only go back 20 years but here goes:

1. Joe. Easy choice since I was in school in late 90’s. Loss at FSU remains one of the best games I’ve ever seen. Wins against uga and Clemson stand out. Same for Gator Bowl.

2. Godsey. Catching the blocked FG. Filling the shoes of arguably the best player to ever wear a GT uniform and not missing a beat.

3 (tie). Butker and Nesbitt. Late game heroics. Nesbitt was a beast - I tried (unsuccessfully) to convince my wife to name my second kid after him.

Others receiving votes:
- Brent Key
- Tony Hollings
- Jonathon Dwyer
- Morgan Burnett
- Kelly Rhino
- Shaq Mason

Calvin deserves to be higher on my list but all these other guys jump out.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
I still have the AJC from beating Bama
That was in September in 1984...it was my first weekend at school of my freshman year. There were some hellacious frat parties that night.

rapier7

Varsity Lurker
Joshua Nesbitt. Dude was tough as hell. I was in the north end student section during that 4th and 1 against Wake in overtime. With our entire season on the line, I was positive that he'd sneak and convert. And he did. Closest I ever got to having faith.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
Gary Lee was one of my favorites. I was on the 50 yard line in 1985 when he caught the kickoff at the 6 and ran it back 94 yards against UGA. The mutts had just scored to take the lead fairly late in the 4th quarter and the fog was so bad that even on the 4th row at the 50, it was hard to see the other side of the field.
When he caught the kickoff, I literally lost sight of him for a second or two and then he came out of the fog and the heavens parted...Oh Glory!

GT76

Damn Good Rat
Gary Lee was one of my favorites. I was on the 50 yard line in 1985 when he caught the kickoff at the 6 and ran it back 94 yards against UGA. The mutts had just scored to take the lead fairly late in the 4th quarter and the fog was so bad that even on the 4th row at the 50, it was hard to see the other side of the field.
When he caught the kickoff, I literally lost sight of him for a second or two and then he came out of the fog and the heavens parted...Oh Glory!
Toot of the whistle. Toe meets leather...High kick.
Good to hear Al Ciraldo!

georgytech

Varsity Lurker
Billy "The Kid" Lothridge, he could do it all maybe the last triple threat player for Tech.
Running,passing, punting, kicking fgs or PTAS he could get it done.
Eddie Lee I very was a beautiful runner & I liked that whole backfield with Rodney Lee & Bucky Shamburger & the qb from Douglasville whose name escapes me at the moment.
Joe Auer
#65 that was an OL that outplayed Son Smith of Miami at a game I watched at Grant Field.
Randy Rhino
E. O. Wheeler
Harrison Butler
Jim Stevens
Just too many good ones but Lothridge was something else & should have won the Heisman over Staubach because he could do it all.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
You sat in Flashcards?