Who is your favorite GT player ever and why?

You sat in Flashcards?
Flashcards? No, remember in 1985, there were no chairback seats and the student section was behind the visiting team. Our fraternity had the entire block there between the 45 and 50 for that game.

One of the dumbest things Tech ever did, IMO was put the quietest part of the stadium directly behind the visiting bench.

I always really liked PJ Daniels. Got a shot when there were a ton of injuries at RB and he never let go.
PJ should have gotten the ball on 1st and goal against NC State in 2005.

He did have a big run to ice the game against UNC at home in the 4th quarter one year. 75-ish yards? My UNC buddy was with me and when PJ broke loose he slammed his cup of ice against the stands and yelled "GODDAMMIT!". It was hilarious. Same friend was with me a few years before calling " THAT'S A HOLD" as Nat Dorsey schooled Julius Peppers all game.

Flashcards? No, remember in 1985, there were no chairback seats and the student section was behind the visiting team. Our fraternity had the entire block there between the 45 and 50 for that game.

One of the dumbest things Tech ever did, IMO was put the quietest part of the stadium directly behind the visiting bench.

I remember well. That was the flashcards section. Sat there for 3 seasons.

Jeremiah Attachou needs a mention here. For as successful as he was at GT and now in the NFL, his name rarely ever gets mentioned on these lists. This place is a ööööhole!

I remember well. That was the flashcards section. Sat there for 3 seasons.
I sat there my last season. Spent the previous three on the field with your old fraternity brother.

Also I loved Philip wheeler. Him playing in that tenuta defense was lethal

My favorite all-time GT player is my dad.

But can't believe no one's mentioned Joe Guyon. All-American as an offensive lineman and as a running back, and also an accomplished quarterback. Seriously is there anything cooler than that?

Props to the 'Ramblin' Robt Lavette cite from BeeStorm. One of my all-time favorites.

PJ should have gotten the ball on 1st and goal against NC State in 2005.

He did have a big run to ice the game against UNC at home in the 4th quarter one year. 75-ish yards? My UNC buddy was with me and when PJ broke loose he slammed his cup of ice against the stands and yelled "GODDAMMIT!". It was hilarious. Same friend was with me a few years before calling " THAT'S A HOLD" as Nat Dorsey schooled Julius Peppers all game.

Oh God.... that game. Vomit. Sitting in the north end zone and that pick happened right in front of me. It still haunts my dreams.

Great names all around. JT up there for me. Had an offer from Bama and spurned them to come to Tech. Will to win was second to none and never panicked in close games. OB win was a signature program achievement that has only been matched a few times in recent decades. Beat the dwags twice in Athens.

When I was a kid, Leon Hardeman, All American halfback on the 1952 national championship team. At 5'6", 175 lbs, his running style was electric. When I was at Tech, Maxie Baughn. We weren't very good ('58 - '61), but Maxie was a great, hard hitting linebacker. After my student days, I'd have to say Joe Hamilton. He was fun to watch; was at his best in big games; and I think he probably had the biggest impact of any single Tech player on his teams' success (as a Jr & Sr). Interesting that both Hardeman and Hamilton were undersized but with more than enough 'heart' to compensate.

I gotta go with Joe Hamilton. It was amazing watching him play, and you gotta love someone who beat the doggies twice.

Honorable mention to Peter Pund.

Joe Hamilton is a great choice, very close is Kim King because he was Mr Ga Tech and an ambassador for the institute

When I was a kid, Leon Hardeman, All American halfback on the 1952 national championship team. At 5'6", 175 lbs, his running style was electric. When I was at Tech, Maxie Baughn. We weren't very good ('58 - '61), but Maxie was a great, hard hitting linebacker. After my student days, I'd have to say Joe Hamilton. He was fun to watch; was at his best in big games; and I think he probably had the biggest impact of any single Tech player on his teams' success (as a Jr & Sr). Interesting that both Hardeman and Hamilton were undersized but with more than enough 'heart' to compensate.

I had the pleasure of meeting Hal Miller several years ago.

Back