Who's In?

Who's In?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been saying for 2 years, this playoff format only works if you require conference champions. It makes the committee's job a lot easier. (They should be replaced by computers anyway)

Now, there is actually incentive to *not* go to a conference championship game. Because it's a pure liability. OSU is proof you don't need to win it, and PSU is proof it doesn't get you in.

You are essentially saying head to head games don't matter which we have examples of this year. Why even play the season then? Let's just give all 4 playoff teams to the B1G. To say the Championship weekend isn't a playoff is delusional. Win and you are in. Clemson had to win to get in. How is that not a playoff type scenario? No, VT wasn't getting in with a win but they could have kept Clemson out.

The reason we have this system is because Alabama didn't win their division got to sit at home on championship weekend and still got in the NC game. Everyone cried and moaned. Now Ohio State does the same exact thing and we have people saying they MUST be in the playoff. It is a ööööing joke. And on top of that we have people wanting a second B1G team in the top 4 which is even more of a joke and again it is why we have this system because of LSU-Alabama in 2011. So essentially nothing was fixed. Tell me why this is any better than the system we had?

Your reading comprehension fails. In the second sentence of my post, I describe how I'm actually upset that we're considering passing up the team that beat Ohio State, and won the same division and conference as Ohio State because of reasons. I'm upset that we are out here talking about "quality losses". When you get to the point of justifying losses, and ignoring head to head results to the point where half the people out there considered the B1G championship game pointless, because Ohio State was getting in regardless (what Herbstreit and all the ESPN talking heads are spouting, and what very well could come to pass), the old "every week is a playoff" is garbage. One of the two teams to actually win every game in this magical playoff had ZERO chance to be considered for the real playoffs before even taking a snap, barring some insane level of chaos ahead of them.

Yes, Clemson would have been out with a loss, but Bama likely wouldn't have, Ohio State may get in without even playing, Washington has to sweat it out more than they should have to, and Bedlam for the Big 12 Title was merely a formality for whatever NY6 bowl the Big 12 gets. The BCS was this same convoluted garbage where we bent over backwards trying to explain why this team magically is better than the other using arbitrary metrics that changed from year to year. The old polls was pure idiocy, with regional voters who, as time has proven, don't even watch all the games, arbitrarily deciding who the best team was. FBS college football absolutely should have a playoff, but, as always, they manage to implement it in one of the worst possible ways.

A 7 win LSU is the first 7 win team to be ranked in the final AP top 25 since 2005, and the has the highest rank of any such team going back as far as I can find at number 19.

Why should PSU have gotten in? They lost two games.

OSU only had 1 loss.

If PSU didn't lose to Pitt they would've gotten in. Boo Hoo.

Compare good wins.

OSU: Oklahoma, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska

PSU: Wiscy, Ohio State

5 power five conference champs, regardless of record, and 3 at large is what it should be - provided the at large are Big 10 or SEC

We already have a 12 week playoff plus a championship week playoff. There is no need to go to 8 teams. The games you watched tonight were a playoff. The BCS was better than this system.
Horseshit. The BCS was quite obviously a farce and that became even more obvious the year they put Alabama vs LSU in the championship game.

A 7 win LSU is the first 7 win team to be ranked in the final AP top 25 since 2005, and the has the highest rank of any such team going back as far as I can find at number 19.

What a joke.

Pitt should be the top ranked 8-4 team on the board (2 wins over conference champs), yet 7-5 LSU (and 8-4 Auburn) are both above them 'cause SEC. I don't really agree with Florida being ranked ahead of Pitt either, but at least they played in the SECCG. And Florida ranked behind LSU is ludicrous.

Horseshit. The BCS was quite obviously a farce and that became even more obvious the year they put Alabama vs LSU in the championship game.

Yeah and they just did the same thing with Ohio State. It is a ööööing joke.

What a joke.

Pitt should be the top ranked 8-4 team on the board (2 wins over conference champs), yet 7-5 LSU (and 8-4 Auburn are both above them cause SEC. I don't really agree with Florida being ranked ahead of them either, but at least they played in the SECCG.

How can anyone whine about the SEC this year getting any favoritism when you look at all the B1G teams who are ranked in the top 6? Hate to break it to you but the SEC other than Bama isn't getting near the praise or favoritism the B1G is getting.

How can anyone whine about the SEC this year getting any favoritism when you look at all the B1G teams who are ranked in the top 6? Hate to break it to you but the SEC other than Bama isn't getting near the praise or favoritism the B1G is getting.

Because I feel like the playoff picture controversy is going to be beaten to death anyways and SEC fans are more prevalent around me and thus more annoying. If the top 3-4 teams in the SEC had the same record/situation as OSU, Michigan, And Penn State you don't think they'd all be in the top 6 too?

Skip-Bayless.jpg

Because I feel like the playoff picture controversy is going to be beaten to death anyways and SEC fans are more prevalent around me and thus more annoying. If the top 3-4 teams in the SEC had the same record/situation as OSU, Michigan, And Penn State you don't think they'd all be in the top 6 too?

Skip-Bayless.jpg

LOL you are using Skip Bayless as your argument? That graphic is meaningless and was done by a known Troll to get a reaction. You had people wanting to put two loss B1G teams in the playoffs this year. That has never even been an option even for the SEC. Think about that level of bias for a second.

Alabama losing in the first round would be a major blow for the SEC. They'd come away from this season looking plainly like a lesser conference

Edit: They're playing Washington, nevermind. OSU should have been the #4 team

Why should PSU have gotten in? They lost two games.

OSU only had 1 loss.

If PSU didn't lose to Pitt they would've gotten in. Boo Hoo.

Compare good wins.

OSU: Oklahoma, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska

PSU: Wiscy, Ohio State
Doesn't matter.
Didn't win conference.

LOL you are using Skip Bayless as your argument? That graphic is meaningless and was done by a known Troll to get a reaction. You had people wanting to put two loss B1G teams in the playoffs this year. That has never even been an option even for the SEC. Think about that level of bias for a second.

Eh the picture was more just for comedic effect.

You don't think if the Bama, LSU, and Auburn finished the season the same way Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan did this year we would see the same kind of favoritism ?

What's the rationale for ranking OSU ahead of Washington? Same records, one less game and conference championship. It hurts the chances of Alabama losing in the first round.

Should be a field of 48 (no alaska or hawaii) with the teams that run their states..

Because Bama is the only team in the SEC with more than 8 wins and fewer than 4 losses

Eh the picture was more just for comedic effect.

You don't think if the Bama, LSU, and Auburn finished the season the same way Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan did this year we would see the same kind of favoritism ?

Have we ever had people on ESPN campaigning to put a 2 loss SEC team in the playoffs like we had for the last 2 weeks with Michigan, Penn State, and Wisconsin? I think that pretty much answers your question. At least the SEC has won 8 of the last 10 NC's and proven they somewhat belong. What has the Big done?

Should be a field of 48 (no alaska or hawaii) with the teams that run their states..
#1 Alabama Crimson Tide vs. #48 the best HS football team in Vermont

Good idea

Back