why red shirting QB may be stupid.....

What I know - and I'm no insider.

My season tickets are in front of the parents of a player (I haven't ever met the son) The father told me Saturday during the game that the word was Vad was transferring to East Carolina.

Then he texted me last night to say he just had dinner with his son and was told Vad had asked for his "transfer papers".

He may change his mind, but it doesn't sound good.

:turbonoes:

THIS IS SPECULATIVE But....

If Vad leaves then red shirting was a BIG MISTAKE and the coaches need to understand that if you get a HIGHLY RECRUITED PLAYER......

At the risk of being picky, "highly recruited" is relative. He was a 3-star, and only offered by ACC schools, 1 SEC school, and a couple of others. I'm a fan, and looking forward to seeing what he can do, but this board has built him into the second coming of Aaron Murray.

At the risk of being picky, "highly recruited" is relative. He was a 3-star, and only offered by ACC schools, 1 SEC school, and a couple of others. I'm a fan, and looking forward to seeing what he can do, but this board has built him into the second coming of Cam Newton.

Fixed.

And I agree.

I hope for his sake she's worth it, but there's a lot of past experience saying she won't be.

Well, I've been around message boards long enough to know that these rumors generally pan out when multiple posters corroborate. EastJacket's posts may be overblown, and players transfer all the time, for whatever reason.

In any case, the sentiment that we're screwed is overblown. Tevin as RS Sr. and Days as RS So. will hardly doom us to a 6-6 season. Most of the issues had to do with the line anyway and not just QB play. QB play was a big part of it, but we'll have one more year of experience and practice for all QB's, OL's and DL's.

We'll be fine. We won 8 games - maybe 9 - with what amounts to a backup QB.

I had high hopes for Vad but if he wants to leave then I'll wish him the best.

Seriously. I'm just not that worried about it.

I wouldn't mind it if he made this decision over Christmas break, given that he's had plenty of time to talk about it with his girlfriend and parents. But no one makes rational decisions while being homesick at Tech and receiving shafts from professors.

I hope for his sake she's worth it, but there's a lot of past experience saying she won't be.

He seemed to have a lot of respect for his parents. I'm hoping his parents are the voice of reason in this type of decision making process.

In any case, the sentiment that we're screwed is overblown. Tevin as RS Sr. and Days as RS So. will hardly doom us to a 6-6 season. Most of the issues had to do with the line anyway and not just QB play. QB play was a big part of it, but we'll have one more year of experience and practice for all QB's, OL's and DL's.

Exactly.

Vad's ability was also overblown. I don't know how it started, but it spread like wildfire. He was a really nice kid from what I could see, and I wish the best for him. If TW can improve his passes and/or SD can approve his ball security, next year can be a double-digit win season.

Exactly.

Vad's ability was also overblown. I don't know how it started, but it spread like wildfire. He was a really nice kid from what I could see, and I wish the best for him. If TW can improve his passes and/or SD can approve his ball security, next year can be a double-digit win season.

I think a lot of people are overlooking Synjyn too. He's just a redshirt freshmen and finally got some in-game experience. A lot of upside if he can continue to improve.

He seemed to have a lot of respect for his parents. I'm hoping his parents are the voice of reason in this type of decision making process.

Me too. I was talking with one of his coaches from Hillside about 6 weeks ago and he said Vad had been talking about wanting to transfer and his father was trying to talk some sense into him. We'll see.

If I am reading things right, that is where his GF goes to school so it would likely be related to that rather than considering ECU to be a better choice than GT.

If the ECU thing is true, it's epic fail regardless of reason.

If I am reading things right, that is where his GF goes to school so it would likely be related to that rather than considering ECU to be a better choice than GT.

That makes it worse.

That didn't make it any better. I challenge anybody to find a way that going from GT to East Carolina, even if she is the love of his life, is better. In fact, if he truly cares about her and wants to provide a good life for her, then a GT degree and/or the exposure playing for us will do that.

Back