Your Seat Selection Appointment Time

Here is a pair of season tickets where one of our own is profiteering off of the indiscriminate sale of all games on a pair while there is a chance some season ticket holders may not make the cut. Section 127 // Aisle 10 // $1100 for the pair

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-LL-Clems...096536?hash=item1aa1a50658:g:eJIAAOSwJQBfScbC

"Notre Dame at Georgia Tech

This ND vs GT football game is at Ga Tech on Saturday, Halloween, time tbd, 2020, guaranteed to be a wild football day! Only 20% of Georgia Tech's stadium's capacity has been made available for sale in 2020, which resulted in only 11,000 tickets being sold per game, versus 55,000+ , and no tickets provided to visitors, unless you are family of a visiting player. The stadium this year, for the first time, will sell alcohol to the general public.

These two seats are a stand alone pair, these are not two of four tickets, for example. Ga Tech has created the necessary social distancing spacing already, specifically for these two seats. Not only are you on the aisle, but no one will be sitting next to you, so lots of room to spread out.

These tickets are in section 123, which is on the visitors side. These are on the lowel level sidelines, tenth row, on the aisle. These tickets are approximately on the 15 yd line, and because Ga Tech just went from grass to astro turf in the off season, there might be some slight variations on the exact yard line. See the stadium map provided.

I only sell my personal items, and these are part of my season tickets. Ga Tech is ONLY issuing e-tickets for the 2020 season, there are NO hard tickets this year, so these will be transmitted to you at no charge from me on or about September 15th, when they are made available to us Ga Tech season ticket holders. Ebay required me to select a shipping method, know that I will not be shipping these tickets to you. But I will need your email address, and you may have to create a free Ga Tech athletics account, and possibly install a free Ga Tech athletics app to use these tickets. The use of a cell phone with the app to display these tickets at the gate on game day is a MUST. Tickets that are printed out will NOT be accepted at the gate. I will send you links for the app requirements and the stadiums' covid related requirements.

These tickets are on multiple sales sites, and I will do my best to take this listing down as soon as I find out. However, due to our 24/7 society, I might be sleeping, or at work, or on vacation, etc. and reserve the right to confirm the sale with you, the purchaser. I will have these seats for all of the other home games available as well, including the UCF, Louisville, Clemson, Pittsburgh, and Duke games.

My committment to you- if the season gets cancelled and this game is NOT played, or the game gets cancelled and NOT rescheduled, or if the game is played but no spectators are allowed, you will receive a full refund from me. I will NOT refund any ebay fees or paypal fees, that will be between you and them. If the game gets delayed, or rescheduled, you will NOT receive a refund.

These tickets are being sold as an private auction, so your information will be kept a secret.

Good luck, and thank you for bidding."

Anybody know this douchebag?
3e0f_7.JPG

Here is a pair of season tickets where one of our own is profiteering off of the indiscriminate sale of all games on a pair while there is a chance some season ticket holders may not make the cut. Section 127 // Aisle 10 // $1100 for the pair

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-LL-Clems...096536?hash=item1aa1a50658:g:eJIAAOSwJQBfScbC

"Notre Dame at Georgia Tech

This ND vs GT football game is at Ga Tech on Saturday, Halloween, time tbd, 2020, guaranteed to be a wild football day! Only 20% of Georgia Tech's stadium's capacity has been made available for sale in 2020, which resulted in only 11,000 tickets being sold per game, versus 55,000+ , and no tickets provided to visitors, unless you are family of a visiting player. The stadium this year, for the first time, will sell alcohol to the general public.

These two seats are a stand alone pair, these are not two of four tickets, for example. Ga Tech has created the necessary social distancing spacing already, specifically for these two seats. Not only are you on the aisle, but no one will be sitting next to you, so lots of room to spread out.

These tickets are in section 123, which is on the visitors side. These are on the lowel level sidelines, tenth row, on the aisle. These tickets are approximately on the 15 yd line, and because Ga Tech just went from grass to astro turf in the off season, there might be some slight variations on the exact yard line. See the stadium map provided.

I only sell my personal items, and these are part of my season tickets. Ga Tech is ONLY issuing e-tickets for the 2020 season, there are NO hard tickets this year, so these will be transmitted to you at no charge from me on or about September 15th, when they are made available to us Ga Tech season ticket holders. Ebay required me to select a shipping method, know that I will not be shipping these tickets to you. But I will need your email address, and you may have to create a free Ga Tech athletics account, and possibly install a free Ga Tech athletics app to use these tickets. The use of a cell phone with the app to display these tickets at the gate on game day is a MUST. Tickets that are printed out will NOT be accepted at the gate. I will send you links for the app requirements and the stadiums' covid related requirements.

These tickets are on multiple sales sites, and I will do my best to take this listing down as soon as I find out. However, due to our 24/7 society, I might be sleeping, or at work, or on vacation, etc. and reserve the right to confirm the sale with you, the purchaser. I will have these seats for all of the other home games available as well, including the UCF, Louisville, Clemson, Pittsburgh, and Duke games.

My committment to you- if the season gets cancelled and this game is NOT played, or the game gets cancelled and NOT rescheduled, or if the game is played but no spectators are allowed, you will receive a full refund from me. I will NOT refund any ebay fees or paypal fees, that will be between you and them. If the game gets delayed, or rescheduled, you will NOT receive a refund.

These tickets are being sold as an private auction, so your information will be kept a secret.

Good luck, and thank you for bidding."
I was afraid stuff like this was going to happen. They should have a list of season ticket holders and, for this season, make seats non transferable. If you have season tickets, at least one named person needs to be present at the game on your St list. For example: my dad, daughter, my girlfriend, and I go to the games. We have four. To me, when entering this season, at least ONE of those listed should be in attendance or NONE of the tickets will be honored.
Yes, harsh, but you attend at the whim of GT and the AA. Put rules in place. Scalp your tix this season, lose your tix this season.

I have never, ever, ever sold any of my tix. I would eat the tix before scalping them

This was posted 15 days ago. How would the poster know 15 days ago where his seats would be?
Edit: I suppose the content could be edited?
ive been selling on ebay for long time. yeah he could easily update it once he knew seat location.

PROFITEERING = "making, or seeking to make, an excessive or unfair profit, especially illegally or in a black market"

Perhaps not illegal, but certainly unethical to take advantage of an unbalanced supply/demand market due to a global pandemic. I have already written and suggested GT start forwarding my "Support the Swarm" email solicitations to these guys profiting off the constrained supply if the school isn't going to take action to reclaim these tix. Not sure who agrees, but if you do, I suggest you send emails as well. #helluvaprofiteer

I think what he’s doing is bullcrap.

Also, at this point it’s his property and he can do what he wants with it. If he has enough AT points to already have selected seats then he’s given plenty of money to Tech over the years to have earned those tickets. Although he’s clearly one of the douchebags who sells his seats to dwags every other year.

Also, at this point it’s his property and he can do what he wants with it. If he has enough AT points to already have selected seats then he’s given plenty of money to Tech over the years to have earned those tickets. Although he’s clearly one of the douchebags who sells his seats to dwags every other year.
Actually, the tickets are not your property. TOS. You can be asked to leave or have your ST's invalidated at the whim of Georgia Tech Athletics. It is more of a license to see a game.

Any other year, I agree. In a year where seats are being recast to a total of 11,000 after significantly more than that had already been purchased and rescinded, that's a different case. My opinion is that GT has an obligation to seat as many season ticket holders as possible considering already purchased seats had to be pulled. If a member of the STH party isn't in one of those seats, it is a problem and GT has every right to take action to protect our interests.

I don't think we should prevent season ticket holders who can't make it to games from giving the tickets to friends.

That's obviously not what this guy's doing. But how would we enforce a rule against what he's doing, that doesn't go overboard and capture other, non-objectionable behavior, too? It strikes me as a little authoritarian.

The best recourse is not a new rule to prevent his behavior, but some serious social media shaming. Don't know who the guy is, but if anyone else does, reach out to him and explain your feelings.

I don't think we should prevent season ticket holders who can't make it to games from giving the tickets to friends.

That's obviously not what this guy's doing. But how would we enforce a rule against what he's doing, that doesn't go overboard and capture other, non-objectionable behavior, too? It strikes me as a little authoritarian.

The best recourse is not a new rule to prevent his behavior, but some serious social media shaming. Don't know who the guy is, but if anyone else does, reach out to him and explain your feelings.
Under normal circumstances, I'd agree. When only 11K are making it into the stadium, tough luck for your sponge friends - unless you contact GT and get a green light for moving your seats.
This is not a normal season. We need absolutely NO opposing fans in ST seats.
I hope GT does, at the very least, identify seats during the game that have opposition fans that were sold to St holders

Constrained supply works both ways.

The only reason we are concerned here is because we reasonably suspect that an opposing fan is going to buy these tickets. With constrained Supply it should be equally likely that a Tech fan would buy these tickets?

I would never think about putting my tickets up like this, in this year or any other year. When I have sold tickets, they have never been to an opposing fan.

Ultimately this guy is making a pragmatic decision, albeit one that makes him a very ööööty fan. But ultimately that's the only trade off here.

With as much whining and bitching and moaning as I've heard from other Tech fans on social media about why they are taking a pass because they won't be able to sit in the precious seats they are used to, or wear a mask when they don't have a drink in their hand, this really doesn't bother me all that much.

Constrained supply works both ways.

The only reason we are concerned here is because we reasonably suspect that an opposing fan is going to buy these tickets. With constrained Supply it should be equally likely that a Tech fan would buy these tickets?

I would never think about putting my tickets up like this, in this year or any other year. When I have sold tickets, they have never been to an opposing fan.

Ultimately this guy is making a pragmatic decision, albeit one that makes him a very ööööty fan. But ultimately that's the only trade off here.

With as much whining and bitching and moaning as I've heard from other Tech fans on social media about why they are taking a pass because they won't be able to sit in the precious seats they are used to, or wear a mask when they don't have a drink in their hand, this really doesn't bother me all that much.
I get that too and agree but the problem here is all Tech season ticket holders haven't had their chance to buy yet. Some may be interested in those seats but not until they see their options or not until they don't get any. Those will very likely be scooped up by ND and Clemson fans way before then.

I'd suggest constrained supply works only one way, it limits seating to 20% of normal in this case. It is the demand that works both ways because there are two segments, GT and Opposition. This process of reseating in spirit and intention only makes the seats available to a prioritized group of GT contributors which we should assume are committed GT fans (but we know better in some cases). When anyone making the cut for tickets indiscriminately sells/transfers their tickets, they open the demand to the second segment, the Opposition.

The demand for the GT is relatively small, and might even be accommodated by the tickets available this year, but the Opposition segment for ND and Clemson is very large and have likely been shut out of their own stadiums so their demand will be very great. We have low demand from GT because there are few of us in number from the beginning and that is compounded by the fact that the large majority of us who want tickets will get them through this process. I don't think we can assume that it is "equally likely that a Tech fan would buy these tickets".

To your point of the piss-and-moan GT contingent that opt out because their seats aren't to their standards, or they aren't willing to accept the safety measures, if we do not sell out the 20%, we deserve to fill it up with orange and kelly green. Surely the GT fan base can commit to 20% capacity with white/gold attendance!?!?

I, for one, am not relaxing on this guy for taking reasonably priced tickets out of the hands of GT fans. Best case scenario to your point is that GT fans do purchase these seats, but the actions of this guy have them paying an exorbitant premium (had he not took the tix for resale, they could have picked up a season's worth of games for about the same price). He is profiteering on the pandemic and I expect that GT would take action to protect the interests of its fans.

Back