Your Seat Selection Appointment Time

Why update to just a 1 gallon ziplock? If you are so concerned about Covid, with only 11k there, why not let clear bags in and allow fans to bring food in? Close concessions since that is a potential point to spread Covid.

Yeah, it's a strange choice to prohibit the branded clear bags we've been trained to use in favor of a Ziploc bag. At least they're letting us bring in a liter of water, I guess.

I saw somewhere that those big multi-point water bottle refill stations won't be used this year (I don't see that mentioned in this Welcome Back Manual), but that they'll still have places you can refill your bottle.

JRjr

As of 4:40 on Monday, there are now 625 2-seat blocks available, down from 712 this morning.

There are several sections that had seats this morning that are now sold out, including my normal section :-(, but I'm pretty sure they've also added inventory in other sections over the course of the day. I would LOVE to know more about their process. I pick at about 9a tomorrow, but I may try to do one last count tomorrow morning before my time to see where things stand (and look over what's available).

JRjr

Looks like they could transport you directly to your seats.

1598906942824.png

Looks like, with a next week seat choice date, it is doubtful I get my 4 for the season. Pretty tough being I attend with my 78 year dad and daughter so 3 generations there. I sincerely hope this isn't the end of the road for us with dad's age.

Looks like, with a next week seat choice date, it is doubtful I get my 4 for the season. Pretty tough being I attend with my 78 year dad and daughter so 3 generations there. I sincerely hope this isn't the end of the road for us with dad's age.

What’s the supply looking like for 4 seats currently? The 2 seat inventory has been up and down. Maybe more folks will opt out as the better seats get taken over the next few days.

JRjr

What’s the supply looking like for 4 seats currently? The 2 seat inventory has been up and down. Maybe more folks will opt out as the better seats get taken over the next few days.

JRjr
I hope they last. Most of the lower decks are already gone. Starting to move towards the corners

I got my pair of seats this morning. I was torn between getting the closest seats to my normal location (but a section over toward the end zone and few rows forward, losing the what shade exists in lower east) and trying out upper east.

I ultimately went with upper east, just to try something different. The guy picking just before me grabbed the exact pair of tickets I was eyeing, so I picked my second choice up there, but then he released them and I grabbed them. But then it wouldn't let me proceed to checkout. I think it lets you pick your seats a couple of minutes before you can actually BUY your tickets. I waited for a minute or two and then it eventually let me proceed.

I get a faculty/staff discount, so my tix were listed as paid in full even though I actually paid like $385 instead of $430. The Tech Fund for the section I picked was $50/ticket less than what I'd already paid, but I wasn't given the option to donate or refund that money, which was surprising. I guess they make you pay if you upgrade but keep the money if you downgrade?

Anyway, glad I was able to get some decent tickets. Good luck to everybody else!

JRjr

Last edited:
Update about the Tech Fund stuff - I emailed the ticket office to find out what's what and got a very quick response. They said that you don't get the refund/donate/apply to next season option during the purchase process, but that a ticket rep would reach out after the process is over to discuss what to do with any credit that's sitting in your account based on your seat selection.

Any credit that you donate to the Support the Swarm fund does count toward the "2 masks and 3 AT points if you donate $100" offer.

JRjr

I’m a big supporter of allowing us to resale tickets this year. I got mine today, but I was extremely worried I would have been too late when we started hearing about the selection via AT points and where I stood. If left out, I would have donated my money (already paid, and still will donate the remaining since I’m no longer in the club) and I would have scalped at least a few of the games. I’m not going to any other sporting events as we know it, so I’d pay a premium to get out, tailgate, and drink a beer while watching a game in person.

A secondary marketplace to sell to other ST holders (people with a GTAA account) would have been cool. Still possible for a few non-GT ppl to get in but way fewer. Give GT fans the first crack.
I am a GT fan. Yall have seen my pic in the stands and commented.

Just can travel to Atlanta most Saturdays.

Looking for 2-4 for UCF.

A secondary marketplace to sell to other ST holders (people with a GTAA account) would have been cool. Still possible for a few non-GT ppl to get in but way fewer. Give GT fans the first crack.
Yeah, redirect to the Prism webmail. Speaking of which, apparently it's being decommissioned in a couple weeks

I am a GT fan. Yall have seen my pic in the stands and commented.

Just can travel to Atlanta most Saturdays.

Looking for 2-4 for UCF.
Oh I know... not directed at you. I'm talking about the guys already scalping tickets to the ND came for $300 each on stubhub and craigslist.

Tip of the cap to the GTAA ticket office--had an issue w/my account, they resolved it within minutes and got seats a row from where I normally sit.

I like the link to contribute to the Swarm fund, I guess we'll be styling in a GT mask now. :biggrin:

fwiw, I know that I'll miss some games w/the kids sports schedules, so I'll try to pass those on to GT fans. Will I be able to just email w/the tickets to a GT fan?

Pass that along to the GTAA. I doubt I'll be able to make every game and happy to move tickets to GT fans at cost to me.

Pass that along to the GTAA. I doubt I'll be able to make every game and happy to move tickets to GT fans at cost to me.
Hoping you will be able to transfer them in the app... that is, if the app is worth a crap... that is how the apps for the pro teams work.

FWIW my ticket guy told me we will be able to transfer tickets. He thinks the app will make it easier than in the past.

Back