Your Seat Selection Appointment Time

With as much whining and bitching and moaning as I've heard from other Tech fans on social media about why they are taking a pass because they won't be able to sit in the precious seats they are used to, or wear a mask when they don't have a drink in their hand, this really doesn't bother me all that much.

Is this correct? I've haven't seen that on this site. I don't spend time in a big circle of Tech supporters so maybe you've heard this in conversation?

I have opted-out and donated my season ticket costs, Tech Fund contribution, and parking pass fee back to GTAA. But not for either of the reasons you mentioned. Honestly, if I had known of the troubles others would have getting seats I probably would have opted-in but tried to accommodate these guys through private transactions.

Is this correct? I've haven't seen that on this site. I don't spend time in a big circle of Tech supporters so maybe you've heard this in conversation?

I have opted-out and donated my season ticket costs, Tech Fund contribution, and parking pass fee back to GTAA. But not for either of the reasons you mentioned. Honestly, if I had known of the troubles others would have getting seats I probably would have opted-in but tried to accommodate these guys through private transactions.

Not here, definitely an oversampling of people on Facebook groups and other message board sites. This site is justifiably harsh on anyone admitting those things.

Tech should have had an Augusta National type ticket allotment this season.

FWIW, I just went through and counted the number of 2-seat blocks available. (It was around 800 before the process started.) As of 9:40 this morning, there are 712 2-seat blocks available. They've definitely added some (there are 2 blocks available in my regular section, which previously wasn't even available to view).

I don't want to jinx it, but I feel pretty good about being able to get a pair when I select tomorrow morning. Now I'm hoping that I can maybe get something in my usual section.

JRjr

FWIW, I just went through and counted the number of 2-seat blocks available. (It was around 800 before the process started.) As of 9:40 this morning, there are 712 2-seat blocks available. They've definitely added some (there are 2 blocks available in my regular section, which previously wasn't even available to view).

I don't want to jinx it, but I feel pretty good about being able to get a pair when I select tomorrow morning. Now I'm hoping that I can maybe get something in my usual section.

JRjr
My selection date, being a poor, isn't until next week. I still go in and try to pick everyday, just in case

I’m really curious how things are going and what percentage of the capacity has been claimed at this point.

Anybody got a current count of other block sizes?

Based on the info we have, there were 146 2-seat blocks claimed as of the end of last week and there are 712 currently available, so that’s 292 seats claimed and 1424 available (1716 total, about 16% of the total capacity) in the 2-seat realm.

JRjr

Here is a pair of season tickets where one of our own is profiteering off of the indiscriminate sale of all games on a pair while there is a chance some season ticket holders may not make the cut. Section 127 // Aisle 10 // $1100 for the pair

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-LL-Clems...096536?hash=item1aa1a50658:g:eJIAAOSwJQBfScbC

"Notre Dame at Georgia Tech

This ND vs GT football game is at Ga Tech on Saturday, Halloween, time tbd, 2020, guaranteed to be a wild football day! Only 20% of Georgia Tech's stadium's capacity has been made available for sale in 2020, which resulted in only 11,000 tickets being sold per game, versus 55,000+ , and no tickets provided to visitors, unless you are family of a visiting player. The stadium this year, for the first time, will sell alcohol to the general public.

These two seats are a stand alone pair, these are not two of four tickets, for example. Ga Tech has created the necessary social distancing spacing already, specifically for these two seats. Not only are you on the aisle, but no one will be sitting next to you, so lots of room to spread out.

These tickets are in section 123, which is on the visitors side. These are on the lowel level sidelines, tenth row, on the aisle. These tickets are approximately on the 15 yd line, and because Ga Tech just went from grass to astro turf in the off season, there might be some slight variations on the exact yard line. See the stadium map provided.

I only sell my personal items, and these are part of my season tickets. Ga Tech is ONLY issuing e-tickets for the 2020 season, there are NO hard tickets this year, so these will be transmitted to you at no charge from me on or about September 15th, when they are made available to us Ga Tech season ticket holders. Ebay required me to select a shipping method, know that I will not be shipping these tickets to you. But I will need your email address, and you may have to create a free Ga Tech athletics account, and possibly install a free Ga Tech athletics app to use these tickets. The use of a cell phone with the app to display these tickets at the gate on game day is a MUST. Tickets that are printed out will NOT be accepted at the gate. I will send you links for the app requirements and the stadiums' covid related requirements.

These tickets are on multiple sales sites, and I will do my best to take this listing down as soon as I find out. However, due to our 24/7 society, I might be sleeping, or at work, or on vacation, etc. and reserve the right to confirm the sale with you, the purchaser. I will have these seats for all of the other home games available as well, including the UCF, Louisville, Clemson, Pittsburgh, and Duke games.

My committment to you- if the season gets cancelled and this game is NOT played, or the game gets cancelled and NOT rescheduled, or if the game is played but no spectators are allowed, you will receive a full refund from me. I will NOT refund any ebay fees or paypal fees, that will be between you and them. If the game gets delayed, or rescheduled, you will NOT receive a refund.

These tickets are being sold as an private auction, so your information will be kept a secret.

Good luck, and thank you for bidding."
Wow öööö this guy

JRjr
Got mine Friday afternoon. My regular seats were not available by the time I got to select- but chose some that were relatively equivalent. Fingers crossed that we get to use them on 9/19!!

I just picked earlier today. Pretty slim pickin in the Lower West, but plenty of seats elsewhere.

I just selected. My usual seats (lower section of 223) were not available so I moved down to 123 under the overhang which was an extra $50 in Tech Fund per seat.

I just selected. My usual seats (lower section of 223) were not available so I moved down to 123 under the overhang which was an extra $50 in Tech Fund per seat.
So this all worked out for Tech wringing that extra fiddy out of you.

With as much whining and bitching and moaning as I've heard from other Tech fans on social media about why they are taking a pass because they won't be able to sit in the precious seats they are used to, or wear a mask when they don't have a drink in their hand, this really doesn't bother me all that much.
Pretty simple solution here honestly. Haha.

Just saw an update on Facebook about the student seating policy. 860 student seats available (in the lower north endzone) plus additional tickets reserved for band and "spirit squads."

There will be a game-by-game lottery for tickets, and if you win the lottery, you get a pair of tickets for the game.

I wonder if those count toward the 11,000 total capacity of they're calculated separately.

JRjr

Just saw an update on Facebook about the student seating policy. 860 student seats available (in the lower north endzone) plus additional tickets reserved for band and "spirit squads."

There will be a game-by-game lottery for tickets, and if you win the lottery, you get a pair of tickets for the game.

I wonder if those count toward the 11,000 total capacity of they're calculated separately.

JRjr
What about graduate student fees?

Back