Your Seat Selection Appointment Time

Should have just put stinger seats on all assigned seats. No one sitting on a bench is in the right seat. Fundamentals of industrial engineeering: easy visual management.
I've already been wondering if they might do this. Would make it much easier.

I got an email asking me to rent a stinger seat, so maybe the allure of that cash flow outweighs the easy seat demarcation.

JRjr

Hi fellas,

I am looking for 2 -4 tics for the UCF game if anyone is not going. Thanks.

How many ushers will be needed to make certain everyone is in (and REMAINS IN) their correct location?

I seriously doubt there's going to be any kind of enforcement mechanism. They have provided the structure and space for social distancing, all of the individual choices are on you.

Kind of wish there was a running tally on how many seats have already been claimed.

I seriously doubt there's going to be any kind of enforcement mechanism. They have provided the structure and space for social distancing, all of the individual choices are on you.
I don't believe that one bit. I have gotten yelled at before by security for watching the band from the north stand stadium stairs, which we have done every game since we moved to the UN in 2004. Once the security person, who continued to say "sir, you need to move" repeatedly as the band was playing, went to get a GT cop to have me removed from the stadium. Luckily, I had Mike Castle's number and he came and told them to essentially piss off.
She tried it AGAIN the next home game with me to which I pointed out we had just gone through this the prior game and she lost. She skulked away.

I don't believe that one bit. I have gotten yelled at before by security for watching the band from the north stand stadium stairs, which we have done every game since we moved to the UN in 2004. Once the security person, who continued to say "sir, you need to move" repeatedly as the band was playing, went to get a GT cop to have me removed from the stadium. Luckily, I had Mike Castle's number and he came and told them to essentially piss off.
She tried it AGAIN the next home game with me to which I pointed out we had just gone through this the prior game and she lost. She skulked away.

That sounds pretty bizarre. Those upper north stairs landings are huge and made for loitering.

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part but hopefully a reduction in personnel will lead to only the better folks staffing the operation. If my group of two decides to sit with another group of two and the group is maintaining proper distancing I don't know why they would get involved.

That sounds pretty bizarre. Those upper north stairs landings are huge and made for loitering.

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part but hopefully a reduction in personnel will lead to only the better folks staffing the operation. If my group of two decides to sit with another group of two and the group is maintaining proper distancing I don't know why they would get involved.
It was, bizarrely, one security person and she attempted to have us thrown out of the stadium when we didn't obey her command. She went and got a GT police officer to attempt our removal for something we have done at every home game since 2004. It was 2018 season, I believe. She tried again the very next week.

Some people begrudgingly moved, even as the band was coming down the hill. I ignored her after telling her I'd move to my seats once the band was done playing the stairs.

Thankfully, Mike Castle told them to cool their jets. A do nothing associate AD would have never shown up and I suppose us 4 would have gotten tossed from the game.

I had my selection appointment today and by the time it arrived I had no options in the club area for 5 seats. I opted out, then emailed the AA to apply my paid up fees to next year’s tickets. Twenty minutes later I had a call telling me a 5-seat pod had opened up. I took it. My point is, don’t give up if you are not provided any available options by selection time; but, let the AA know you are still interested.

I have two seats and probably pick nearly last.

Spent a few minutes on the sight figuring out how it will work. For two-seat blocks I counted it up; there are 800 pairs of seats.

The lower level has 331 pairs of seats; Lower West has 115 pairs, Lower East 96, South Stands 120.

The upper level has 469; Upper West has 166 pairs, Upper North 245 and Upper East 58.

Apparently the social distance is three seats on the same row with every other row empty. That's probably 4 to 5 feet to your left and right with 2to 3 feet to your front or rear.
Update to the above:

As of 930PM 8/27 the availability of two seats slots:

The lower level has 263 pairs of seats; Lower West has 60 pairs, Lower East 95, South Stands 108.

The upper level has 391; Upper West has 121 pairs, Upper North 228 and Upper East 42.

This gives a total of 654 pairs of available seats.

I believe that there may have been a reallocation of the seats since my first post as section 102 added 13 pairs. There were six other sections that grew 1 to 3 pairs.

Not surprisingly, the biggest reduction was in the Lower West; the money guys in sections 104 through 108 picked up 55, leaving 5 pairs remaining.

Going to be interesting to see how it goes.

i don't
Update to the above:

The lower level has 263 pairs of seats; Lower West has 60 pairs, Lower East 95, South Stands 108.

The upper level has 391; Upper West has 121 pairs, Upper North 228 and Upper East 42.

I believe that there may have been a reallocation of the seats since my first post as section 102 added 13 pairs. There were six other sections that grew 1 to 3 pairs.

Not surprisingly, the biggest reduction was in the Lower West; the money guys in sections 104 through 108 picked up 55, leaving 5 pairs remaining.

do selections run all weekend? baaically went thru 150 pairs in two days.

Update to the above:

But you're only seeing seating in pairs. They are trying to match up how many you see with how many you buy. I haven't gotten to select yet, but I only see seats which are sold in groups of four

But you're only seeing seating in pairs. They are trying to match up how many you see with how many you buy. I haven't gotten to select yet, but I only see seats which are sold in groups of four
Yes. That is how this works.

Just pointing out you aren't seeing all available seats, just the ones available to you

I think we all understand that. It’s still interesting data (particularly for those of us with two tickets) to track how the 2-seat inventory is changing as we move through the process. If the rate holds, maybe I can get a pair Tuesday morning, but there are a lot of variables that we either have to guess at (days/hours when distribution happens) or just don’t know (how many people have a given number or seats, how many will decide to opt out).

I hate that when in the stadium fans can be our own worse enemy. Used to be in 108 and those guys never even stood up or got loud. Home field advantage bro!

Back