Expansion Rumors…

Not just the Ivy schools. Outside of Penn State and even Rutgers under Schiano to an extent, the NE CFB teams just don’t have full stadiums. Like you said, the NE is all about pro sports and prioritizing the "school" in schools.
Added some clarification. GT has a lot in common with the northeastern schools in this way.

FB_IMG_1719826770786.jpg

Athlon’s predictions of the next round of expansion / end of the ACC (good riddance to Swafford’s failure).

1. FSU / Clemson are gone from the ACC potentially as soon as the end of the year.
2. UNC to the SEC. Probably with one of NCSU, Duke. Sounds like a UVA, VT situation brewing.
3. B1G adds Clemson, FSU to get to 20.
4. GT / Miami eventually end up in the B1G as #21, #22.
5. The B12 takes the ACC leftovers + Memphis to remain a viable #3 with 20 teams.

No one can complain about that.

Athlon’s predictions of the next round of expansion / end of the ACC.

1. FSU / Clemson are gone from the ACC potentially as soon as the end of the year.
2. UNC to the SEC. Probably with one of NCSU, Duke. Sounds like a UVA, VT situation brewing.
4. GT, Miami eventually end up in the B1G as #21, #22.

Dream scenario at this point, which makes me think it's unlikely.

Athlon’s predictions of the next round of expansion / end of the ACC (good riddance to Swafford’s failure).

5. The B12 takes the ACC leftovers + Memphis to remain a viable #3 with 20 teams.

Anyone who thinks UNC is leaving the ACC needs to have his head examined.

1) good. öööö them. Hope they end up in the BIG12

2) öööö UNC

3) the BIG10 surrenders academic AAU accreditation for junk universities because footbawl

4) GT and Miami are better Universities than Clemson and FSU, by far.

5) I don't get why the BIG12 is the place to run to.

1) good. öööö them. Hope they end up in the BIG12

2) öööö UNC

3) the BIG10 surrenders academic AAU accreditation for junk universities because footbawl

4) GT and Miami are better Universities than Clemson and FSU, by far.

5) I don't get why the BIG12 is the place to run to.
The B12 surviving makes sense over the ACC for 1 big reason. Most of the schools traveling to Iowa, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Colorado is a helluva lot easier than going from East coast to West coast. Vast majority of the teams are centrally located between coasts. Plus, the B12 could easily setup pods.

North:
VT, UVA, WVU, Pitt, Cincy

South:
Duke, UCF, UofL, SMU, Houston

Central:

OK State, Kansas, KSU, ISU, Colorado

I think you get where I’m going.

If the BIG10 takes Clemson and FSU, they can do a similar video where they brag about the proud academic reputation of the BIG10 and then pan the camera over to Clemson and FSU.
USN rankings.

#33 GT
#53 FSU (ahead of Michigan State, Miami, Rutgers, Illinois, etc)
#86 Clemson

This isn’t about academics anymore.

USN rankings.

#33 GT
#53 FSU (ahead of Michigan State, Miami, Rutgers, Illinois, etc)
#86 Clemson

This isn’t about academics anymore.
But my point was, the Big10 claims academic superiority. You can't do that with Clemson and FSU slumming it up.

Back