Expansion Rumors…

But my point was, the Big10 claims academic superiority. You can't do that with Clemson and FSU slumming it up.
To your point, this guy agrees:

More or less says a combo being invited to the conference has to make everyone happy - university presidents, FOX, everybody has to be getting something. And that FSU + Clemson as a combo won't get presidents approval. He said FSU + GT could though, if UNC or ND were not ready.

More or less says a combo being invited to the conference has to make everyone happy - university presidents, FOX, everybody has to be getting something. And that FSU + Clemson as a combo won't get presidents approval. He said FSU + GT could though, if UNC or ND were not ready.

UNC owes Michael Jordan hundreds of millions of dollars. If it weren't for him, UNC would be looked at like NC State

I do not believe UNC will leave a conference they control for a conference where they will be a minor player..

I do not believe UNC will leave a conference they control for a conference where they will be a minor player..
Maybe, but they may see the handwriting on the wall and make the jump anyway.

The ACC is in pretty good shape for a while AFTER a few teams make the jump. I could see UNC in the ACC without FSU, et al and go to the national championship every year for a while. They may like how that looks.

I think the Big Ten will ultimately invite UNC and Duke and just ask Duke to drop football and take a smaller cut. (see Johns Hopkins)

The ACC is in pretty good shape for a while AFTER a few teams make the jump. I could see UNC in the ACC without FSU, et al and go to the national championship every year for a while. They may like how that looks.

I think the Big Ten will ultimately invite UNC and Duke and just ask Duke to drop football and take a smaller cut. (see Johns Hopkins)
No P4 school is going to drop football. Dook has been better than quite a few schools over the last 15+ years. The sec would be asking Vandy to drop everything except baseball in that type of scenario. Dook has been better than quite a few B1G schools in football (Illinois, Nebraska, Rutgers, Purdue, MSU, Indiana, NW) all come to mind.

Very little is placed on hoops in this conference expansion/retraction.

Just putting this here so we can all go make fun of this dumbass on July 13th when nothing happens.

One of the originals.

No P4 school is going to drop football. Dook has been better than quite a few schools over the last 15+ years. The sec would be asking Vandy to drop everything except baseball in that type of scenario. Dook has been better than quite a few B1G schools in football (Illinois, Nebraska, Rutgers, Purdue, MSU, Indiana, NW) all come to mind.

Very little is placed on hoops in this conference expansion/retraction.
Duke has been better but who is going to watch Duke football. If Duke wants in, then I see UNC bringing them along. But if I was the Big Trn I would take Duke basketball, and Duke other sports, and Duke research but after UNC cleans out NC, it is a waste of time to take Duke football. The BigTen took Hopkins, they play very competitive Div II football.

FSU and Clemson are a joke. Give me Wake and Duke, Stanford and Cal, Pitt and Cuse. I am hyped for the future ACC we will only grow in strength

pretty sure acc loses its automatic qualifier spot real quick once few teams leave. without that, will be tough to qualify for playoffs

Duke has been better but who is going to watch Duke football. If Duke wants in, then I see UNC bringing them along. But if I was the Big Trn I would take Duke basketball, and Duke other sports, and Duke research but after UNC cleans out NC, it is a waste of time to take Duke football. The BigTen took Hopkins, they play very competitive Div II football.
UNC doesn’t care about duke, it’s NCST and/or UVA that they would have to bring along

Hate FSU but they have improved their academics (at least rankings) a lot over the last few years.

I was surprised when I looked into it.

That same logic can be applied to a lot of P4 schools. Average attendance last year numbers are referenced in the link below. You can go to each conference.

Duke was 25,111. That’s higher than NW at 20,800. The attendance for the ACC overall isn’t good when comparing to the other 3 leagues. I don’t buy Pitt at 48,122 and Miami at 49,714 average attendance either. For as much as people want to say the B12 isn’t comparable, take a look at the average attendance numbers. B12 overall draws more.

pretty sure acc loses its automatic qualifier spot real quick once few teams leave. without that, will be tough to qualify for playoffs
The Big 12 didn’t. Tech pushed for more teams so that the ACC didn’t fall below the relook level and Why couldn’t the ACC compete with the Big 12?

That same logic can be applied to a lot of P4 schools. Average attendance last year numbers are referenced in the link below. You can go to each conference.

Duke was 25,111. That’s higher than NW at 20,800. The attendance for the ACC overall isn’t good when comparing to the other 3 leagues. I don’t buy Pitt at 48,122 and Miami at 49,714 average attendance either. For as much as people want to say the B12 isn’t comparable, take a look at the average attendance numbers. B12 overall draws more.

Every game i have ever seen on tv of home games at Pitt or Miami the stadiums look empty

Just putting this here so we can all go make fun of this dumbass on July 13th when nothing happens.

One of the originals.

This “reportedly” is when an update on whether FSU/Clemson will in fact have what they need to challenge the GOR and or notify the conference before the exit date August 1st on their official intention of leaving by 2025 before the automatic rollover as a member for another year.

The Big 12 didn’t. Tech pushed for more teams so that the ACC didn’t fall below the relook level and Why couldn’t the ACC compete with the Big 12?
The B12 has the geographic leverage to scoop up Stanford, Cal, SMU, etc easily if Clemson/FSU are in fact gone by the 2026 season. The ACC’s lack of action adding WVU, UCF when the B12 was in danger of folding after Texas/OU announced for the SEC is going to be the end game to the conference once Clemson/FSU officially leave.

The B12 has the geographic leverage to scoop up Stanford, Cal, SMU, etc easily if Clemson/FSU are in fact gone by the 2026 season. The ACC’s lack of action adding WVU, UCF when the B12 was in danger of folding after Texas/OU announced for the SEC is going to be the end game to the conference once Clemson/FSU officially leave.
They didn’t take them earlier.

They didn’t take them earlier.
The B12 doesn’t need to do anything right now. They have all the leverage to remain the #3 conference at this point with the ACC on the verge of folding. The B12 will be the happy halfway house for a lot of schools post the Clemson/FSU fallout. The ACC is all but gone. Do you seriously not see that coming?

The best option is what Wes Durham and Rick Neuheisel have suggested. Merge the 2 conferences (ACC, B12) into 1. Even if Yormark is the new conference commissioner, it’s the best move by Phillips to provide a landing spot for the ACC teams who will be at risk sooner rather than later.

The B12 doesn’t need to do anything right now. They have all the leverage to remain the #3 conference at this point with the ACC on the verge of folding. The B12 will be the happy halfway house for a lot of schools post the Clemson/FSU fallout. The ACC is all but gone. Do you seriously not see that coming?

The best option is what Wes Durham and Rick Neuheisel have suggested. Merge the 2 conferences (ACC, B12) into 1. Even if Yormark is the new conference commissioner, it’s the best move by Phillips to provide a landing spot for the ACC teams who will be at risk sooner rather than later.
The Big 12 is straight öööö right now. There is not one in conference game anyone gives a öööö about.

Back