Expansion Rumors…

Can you even imagine the steaming pile of öööö we'd be up to our eyeballs in if Peterson or Stansbury were still here?
It wouldn't have reached its peak because this clown would still be in charge.

1721505601760.png

Explain to me the advantages of going to the Big12 for either of these so called academic institutions? Money, joining with prestigious schools, geography - I don't think are reasons. Maybe just to save face? It's an irrelevant Q anyway because neither of them can afford it.

Explain to me the advantages of going to the Big12 for either of these so called academic institutions? Money, joining with prestigious schools, geography - I don't think are reasons. Maybe just to save face? It's an irrelevant Q anyway because neither of them can afford it.
It’s 100% about $$$. The garbage contract in place between the ACC/ESPN is going to allow UF, South Carolina something around $40 million more per year over FSU/Clemson. And the B1G/sec will be able to renegotiate another TV deal for even more $$$ before the ACC/ESPN deal expires.

Leaving the ACC even for the B12 will allow the B12 to renegotiate their new TV deal. Adding FSU/Clemson would elevate the $$$. That said, will it be enough if it’s the B12 to cover the negotiated buyout to leave the ACC? I doubt it. But at this point they are “all in” on leaving.

The TV deal the Big12 is getting in 2025 is going to absolutely derail the ACC’s.

TV Subscribers for the B1G network and SEC network are driving the bus. They make a lot more money if the subscribers are in the home market of a conference team.

Gaining subscribers in NC and VA would be big for the SEC network.
Gaining subscribers in GA and FL would be big for the B1G network.

That is decade old thinking. It is about national brands now, not an extra $.25 a month in cable subscriptions.

That is decade old thinking. It is about national brands now, not an extra $.25 a month in cable subscriptions.
Kinda. Boomers are still alive and still like their cable/direcTV.

I do think we should start some kinda campaign asking who would subscribe to B10 network if we went there. The results may surprise some people.

How could all of the AD's in the ACC be this incompetent? No reasonable person would agree to a contract for this length with ESPN being able to renegotiate but no flexibility for the conference.
I asked earlier why F$U needed a court order to obtain access to the TV deal. Makes me wonder if the ACC HQ got all the teams to sign over the rights before knowing the terms of the ESPN deal.

This is literally starting to make no damn sense at all. Maryland is looking smarter every day.

I thought is was over an extra $1 if the Big10 had a team in the region per subscriber. Which is probably the only reason we have a chance of getting an invite.

Back