Expansion Rumors…

But the ACC should contract. FSU, Miami, GT, Clem, uNC, NCSt, VT, UVa, (Pitt/UL) would payout considerably more per school while keeping the state govt forced twins together.
I'm not saying they shouldn't. They won't.

But the ACC should contract. FSU, Miami, GT, Clem, uNC, NCSt, VT, UVa, (Pitt/UL) would payout considerably more per school while keeping the state govt forced twins together.
You’re never going to be able to remove Duke from any scaled down version of the ACC. Easy fix for the ACC .

Drop BC, Syracuse, Cal, Stanford and replace them with UCF, WVU.

I'm not saying they shouldn't. They won't.
Agree that they won't, no school president wants to be holding the gun. But if FSU and Clemson were bent on leaving the ACC and didn't want to join the Big12 making less money, they might have enough gravity to pull in a version of a reformed ACC. That way nobody is holding the gun on whichever schools are left over.

Not saying it's likely, but it's probably more likely than kicking schools out.

You’re never going to be able to remove Duke from any scaled down version of the ACC. Easy fix for the ACC .

Drop BC, Syracuse, Cal, Stanford and replace them with UCF, WVU.

WVU would have two marketable games, that works. No one would give a öööö about ucf.

I’m saying Rutgers isn’t getting kicked out. Pitt would never get taken by the B1G bc it’s worthless to them. ACC isn’t contracting, they just added 3 teams.
I’m not convinced the Big conferences will stick with dead weight. There have been a lot of things that “will never happen” happening throughout this process.

WVU would have two marketable games, that works. No one would give a öööö about ucf.
UCF draws fans and has $$$. That beats a good portion of the current ACC (BC, Cuse, UVA, Pitt, Duke) all come to mind. Plus, if you want to make the ACC more regional like the sec, UCF is a good option. The program is continually growing.

Heck, if USF could ever get their act together, they would be another option. The option to really keep an eye on is Memphis. Like SMU, there is a huge investment into the program going on right now. Give USF, Memphis a share of P4 options and $$$, and they could elevate.

UCF draws fans and has $$$. That beats a good portion of the current ACC (BC, Cuse, UVA, Pitt, Duke) all come to mind. Plus, if you want to make the ACC more regional like the sec, UCF is a good option. The program is continually growing.

Heck, if USF could ever get their act together, they would be another option. The option to really keep an eye on is Memphis. Like SMU, there is a huge investment into the program going on right now. Give USF, Memphis a share of P4 options and $$$, and they could elevate.

UCF and USF do not have much more than alumni appeal. While those alum may tune into fsu, miami, or uf national games, the opposite doesn’t seem to hold. They will only grow at the expense of the 3 named teams. The acc would only be weakening its own teams.

They are good choices for the B12, because it weakens teams in other conferences.

Agreed. Would be open to TCU (I know similar market to SMU), Okie St if any of that was going to happen.
TCU, Oklahoma State aren’t leaving the new B12. New B12 is on solid footing right now compared to the ACC from a SW, MW, West geographic footprint.

The comment was sort of reducing the footprint of the ACC, but getting better as currently constructed. Dropping the Stanford, Cal + Northeast schools and adding from the South seems like the best option. In that scenario the ACC would be taking 2 sort of odd ball B12 members in WVU and I would think UCF.

UCF and USF do not have much more than alumni appeal. While those alum may tune into fsu, miami, or uf national games, the opposite doesn’t seem to hold. They will only grow at the expense of the 3 named teams. The acc would only be weakening its own teams.

They are good choices for the B12, because it weakens teams in other conferences.
Not sure why you think adding UCF, USF, Memphis would be weakening the ACC. All 3 are better options over Syracuse, UVA, BC, Stanford and Cal. What the heck has UVA done in recent memory from a football perspective?

This alliance with the 2 former P12 schools is going to fold within 3 years.

The more I think about it the more I realize the ACC sucks. BC, Syracuse and Pitt and now, Cal and Stanford. I'd rather play a home and away versus Wake and Duke every season. Also getting played like a fiddle by Notre Dame... When push comes to shove those assholes will join the B1G. And the three other conferences will have new contracts before the ACC's current suck ass one expires.

Not sure why you think adding UCF, USF, Memphis would be weakening the ACC. All 3 are better options over Syracuse, UVA, BC, Stanford and Cal. What the heck has UVA done in recent memory from a football perspective?

This alliance with the 2 former P12 schools is going to fold within 3 years.

I said ucf and usf would weaken fsu and miami. That would weaken the acc. They make sense for the b12.

Memphis is different. An improved Memphis weakens UT, Ole Miss, and Ark.

IMG_2017.jpeg

You guys need to stop pretending Georgia Tech football brings in all this revenue. I bet UCF laps us twice.

You guys need to stop pretending Georgia Tech football brings in all this revenue. I bet UCF laps us twice.
36M for UCF vs 29M for GT. AD overall is 115M for GT and 90M for UCF.

TCU, Oklahoma State aren’t leaving the new B12. New B12 is on solid footing right now compared to the ACC from a SW, MW, West geographic footprint.

The comment was sort of reducing the footprint of the ACC, but getting better as currently constructed. Dropping the Stanford, Cal + Northeast schools and adding from the South seems like the best option. In that scenario the ACC would be taking 2 sort of odd ball B12 members in WVU and I would think UCF.
Nobody wants UCF except for you. We wouldn’t be able to get WVU, UCF or the other teams I mentioned anyway right now.

Nobody wants UCF except for you. We wouldn’t be able to get WVU, UCF or the other teams I mentioned anyway right now.
The ACC is getting no one from the B12, period. Hence why this is all hypothetical in the first place.

No one from the “big 2” want a lot of the rumored ACC programs (FSU, Clemson, UVA, Miami, GT, UNC, etc) either per the tea leaves come the next round of conference realignment. You might want to consider that as well. Both the B1G/sec seem good with where they’re at. The only program either would take tomorrow is ND.

Most likely scenario is a merger between the ACC/B12 in some capacity within the next 5 years once the FSU/Clemson exit is agreed upon by all parties. That’s when the true reality of how interested the B1G/sec are as it relates to any current ACC member will come to light.

The ACC is getting no one from the B12, period. Hence why this is all hypothetical in the first place.

No one from the “big 2” want a lot of the rumored ACC programs (FSU, Clemson, UVA, Miami, GT, UNC, etc) either per the tea leaves come the next round of conference realignment. You might want to consider that as well. Both the B1G/sec seem good with where they’re at. The only program either would take tomorrow is ND.

Most likely scenario is a merger between the ACC/B12 in some capacity within the next 5 years once the FSU/Clemson exit is agreed upon by all parties. That’s when the true reality of how interested the B1G/sec are as it relates to any current ACC member will come to light.
Wrong. SEC and BIG are just publicly stating that. If the gor is defeated both conferences will be falling all over each other to get the teams they want from the ACC.

Back