Expansion Rumors…

Wrong. SEC and BIG are just publicly stating that. If the gor is defeated both conferences will be falling all over each other to get the teams they want from the ACC.
Guess you failed to read what was said in the same post you quoted.

You might want to consider that as well. Both the B1G/sec seem good with Most likely scenario is a merger between the ACC/B12 in some capacity within the next 5 years once the FSU/Clemson exit is agreed upon by all parties. That’s when the true reality of how interested the B1G/sec are as it relates to any current ACC member will come to light.
Until the exit by FSU/Clemson is finalized, both leagues can continue to say “we’re not interested” so they aren’t impacted by any legal tampering. So again, the only true FA both the B1G and sec would take tomorrow continues to be ND.

The only league that continues to say “we’re open for business” is the B12. From everything coming out of the B1G and especially sec media days, they are content with the numbers they have. Adding additional programs means as the current deals state would be a loss for all other schools per year.

I read what you wrote. You write like an AI chat bot.
Sure buddy. And you write like someone who meets the following criteria:

1. Completely in denial of the reality of the situation the ACC is in, combined with how poorly the conference does OOC in big games.
2. Doesn’t watch CFB in general outside of the ACC.

Perception is reality. And having FSU/Clemson leaving the ACC isn’t helping the perception of the league.

1. Completely in denial of the reality of the situation the ACC is in, combined with how poorly the conference does OOC in big games.

Perception is reality. And having FSU/Clemson leaving the ACC isn’t helping the perception of the league.
1. Not wanting to merge with the Big 12 and not wanting UCF in the ACC has nothing to do with any “reality”. It is a preference and has nothing to do with our conversation.
2. With the exception of GT I actually watch more football outside of the ACC because basically the ACC sucks.

My perception is your reality is offset by your desire to be a “know it all”. Everyone here knows what is going on with the conference. Most hope for better instead of more of the same with some ACC/Big 12 merger.

Dude, you write like Hunter S. Thompson.
1722124346410.gif

1. Not wanting to merge with the Big 12 and not wanting UCF in the ACC has nothing to do with any “reality”. It is a preference and has nothing to do with our conversation.
2. With the exception of GT I actually watch more football outside of the ACC because basically the ACC sucks.

My perception is your reality is offset by your desire to be a “know it all”. Everyone here knows what is going on with the conference. Most hope for better instead of more of the same with some ACC/Big 12 merger.
And if you’re in agreement about the past, present, and possible near future of the ACC as a whole, what exactly is the “better” situation in your mind?

To have at least 1 other conference outside of everything being under the B1G or sec umbrella is what most talking heads (including Wes Durham, Roddy Jones, Tom Luginbill, etc) feel is best for some stability to the future of CFB. No one really wants to see an AFC/NFC type setup in CFB.

So if you’re against an ACC/B12 merger, where does that leave the ACC minus FSU/Clemson?

And if you’re in agreement about the past, present, and possible near future of the ACC as a whole, what exactly is the “better” situation in your mind?

To have at least 1 other conference outside of everything being under the B1G or sec umbrella is what most talking heads (including Wes Durham, Roddy Jones, Tom Luginbill, etc) feel is best for some stability to the future of CFB. No one really wants to see an AFC/NFC type setup in CFB.

So if you’re against an ACC/B12 merger, where does that leave the ACC minus FSU/Clemson?
My focus is GT. A better situation finds us either in the SEC or BIG. A merge or alliance of ACC and Big 12 is just putting off the inevitable. It will not pull the money per team to compete or have stability in CFB.

My focus is GT. A better situation finds us either in the SEC or BIG. A merge or alliance of ACC and Big 12 is just putting off the inevitable. It will not pull the money per team to compete or have stability in CFB.
I’m hopeful GT has assessed the situation and has a good feeling whether we’re getting a BIG or SEC invite. If we are, the best thing for us to do is sit back and leave at the earliest opportunity. If we’re not, we should be pushing to expand with the Big 12.

The fact that the ACC and Big 12 haven’t joined tells me some of the schools in each conference have plans to bolt.

It's so ridiculous reading these pipe dreams of GT to the SEC or the BIG every other day. THAT SHIP HAS SAILED. It's nice to hope and dream, but that öööö ain't happening. Our primary concern needs to be how to maximize TV revenue to be competitive with those two conferences. I think an ACC/B12 merger of some sort helps achieve that.

It's so ridiculous reading these pipe dreams of GT to the SEC or the BIG every other day. THAT SHIP HAS SAILED. It's nice to hope and dream, but that öööö ain't happening. Our primary concern needs to be how to maximize TV revenue to be competitive with those two conferences. I think an ACC/B12 merger of some sort helps achieve that.
I hear you. I do believe GT will get an offer to the BIG simply due to location in the fastest growing city in the south with huge BIG alumni numbers. But, there is no maximizing TV revenues to close any gap. Sankey and Pettiti won’t let that happen. They are way smarter businessmen with a better product than anyone sitting in Carolina. This is what happens when a leadership vacuum occurs. We are just existing right now with no plan in an uncertain world. All we can do is accept it and enjoy watching our team play because the future is unknown for anyone outside the SEC and BIG.

I hear you. I do believe GT will get an offer to the BIG simply due to location in the fastest growing city in the south with huge BIG alumni numbers. But, there is no maximizing TV revenues to close any gap. Sankey and Pettiti won’t let that happen. They are way smarter businessmen with a better product than anyone sitting in Carolina. This is what happens when a leadership vacuum occurs. We are just existing right now with no plan in an uncertain world. All we can do is accept it and enjoy watching our team play because the future is unknown for anyone outside the SEC and BIG.
I hear you as well. But we keep thinking we're going to get a zillion dollars and take down Alabama next week. I want us to be the best, of course I do, but if our average rank over the next 15 years is #17 in the country, I wouldn't be mad about it. I don't think we need $75 million a year to achieve that. Now, we need more revenue, but this logic of $100 million or $0.... That ain't helping anyone. It's the same logic that send us to being independent 60+ years ago.

The issue is after the GOR is over both the BIG and SEC will finalize their numbers. What’s left of the Big 12 and ACC will not keep up or have stability unless it’s with the Sunbelt.

The issue is after the GOR is over both the BIG and SEC will finalize their numbers. What’s left of the Big 12 and ACC will not keep up or have stability unless it’s with the Sunbelt.

This. And it is why the sec/b1g love the current acc/b12 strategy. It won’t close the revenue gap, but it keeps the number of good ooc games up. The big 2 need that to show they are the premier leagues without a uninteresting ooc schedule. It also gives them more teams to choose from when they expand to the final number.

The best teams in the acc/b12 should be trying to kill off competition. If wake/bc/cuse lose acc $, they drop away into oblivion. A slimmed down acc/b12 could position themselves for expansion pretty well.

State politics makes it problematic but you could pull 7-8 teams from the acc and b12 each and have a decent (not great) conference.

You’re horribly blackpilled on GT and our brand value. On the previous page you posted that UCF probably brings in twice as much money as we do, which was shown that they don’t even beat us straight up, despite having a lot more recent success than we do.

It’s been reported that we were among the teams vetted recently by the B1G. To be fair, Stanford was on that list as well. But KQ has posted a report from his FSU counterparts supporting this as well, a few years back but that thread is still active and can be viewed on page 1 of that expansion thread.

Not to say an invite is imminent or anything, but I think referring to it as a pipe dream like were Georgia State or something isn’t quite accurate either. I’d guess that the B1G higher ups are probably closely watching GT with our new coach and new investment into the program to see what potential is there. So that said, now is the time to buy season tickets and write checks to the Tech Way - winning ain’t free, fans got to step up and support the program.

0.0% chance GT ever ends up back in the sec. I think everyone can agree with that by now. If the rumor of the sec not wanting Clemson/FSU because they already have that state/area, same would most definitely apply to GT.

The B1G is the only option, and only time will tell if that really is an option. It will all play out whenever the current situation with the ACC is resolved.

0.0% chance GT ever ends up back in the sec. I think everyone can agree with that by now. If the rumor of the sec not wanting Clemson/FSU because they already have that state/area, same would most definitely apply to GT.

The B1G is the only option, and only time will tell if that really is an option. It will all play out whenever the current situation with the ACC is resolved.
I’m not sure the past really will strike us out of the SEC. I think it matters more how many teams the BIG and SEC decide to settle at in the end.

For sure everyone wants ND if they will choose a conference. ND currently can make more money, have better regional pairings and more natural rivals in the BIG. Hard to see what the SEC offers them except recruiting. That puts the BIG at 19? Is the number 24? Do we know?

Do UNC, UVA, choose more money with the BIG or the better football conference in the SEC. Not sure you and I can answer this question. I would guess a college president or whoever chooses would love the academics and more money from the BIG. How do we know which way they will choose.? NCSU and VT are a better cultural fit in the SEC. Will the SEC sit by while the BIG picks who it wants to get to their number? I doubt it.

Back